Celebrity's Tuscan Grille, a go or no go?

DJLDRUMS

Food is usually very subjective. We are the ones who enjoy Tuscan. Yes we have had an occasional meal there that did not add up but then I can say the same about other cruise lines. One of our worst meals was at Chops on Royal Caribbean but we still dine there as we have also had very good meals. The only way you will know is to try it for yourself. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peteymil said:

We were on the Silhouette in February.  I have not been a huge Tuscan fan over the last few years but decided to give it a try as we were on a 10 night cruise.

It was delicious and so much better than in the past. Everything we had was delicious-and the service was outstanding.

So good to hear.  We board the Silhouette in about four weeks and booked Tuscan Grille for DH's birthday.  Understand many variables such as food is subjective, depends on the chefs, etc. but do appreciate hearing a positive comment from recent experience.  Thank you for sharing!  🙂

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Not the OP, but we're just off Silhouette and ate at Tuscan twice.  Service was excellent.  The view can' be beat.   Food was good.  For us, specialty dining was included.  I'm not sure it was so much better than Luminae or MDR as to pay $100 for it other than, as the OP was doing, you're looking for a memorable evening away from the bustle of the MDR. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ggo85 said:

Not the OP, but we're just off Silhouette and ate at Tuscan twice.  Service was excellent.  The view can' be beat.   Food was good.  For us, specialty dining was included.  I'm not sure it was so much better than Luminae or MDR as to pay $100 for it other than, as the OP was doing, you're looking for a memorable evening away from the bustle of the MDR. 

The view definitely enhances the meal if on a S class , ok M class there is no view . Unfortunately I have had very good and bad meals in Tuscan. 

IMO the reason to dine at Tuscan is for dry-aged prime steak, as it is the only place on a Celebrity ship where one can get dry-aged prime steak, and it is very, very good, with service to match. I personally wouldn't dine at Tuscan for any other reason.

• Thanks 1

If you are on the Summit do NOT do it.  I dined with 2 new friends and NONE of us finished our dishes.  Service was slow and we all felt it was not worth the money.  I have had better food and service at Texas Roadhouse or Outback.

27 minutes ago, BeasleysMom66 said:

If you are on the Summit do NOT do it.  I dined with 2 new friends and NONE of us finished our dishes.  Service was slow and we all felt it was not worth the money.  I have had better food and service at Texas Roadhouse or Outback.

I did summit in March 2023 and it was terrible both times ( it was free because of our suite ) did it again this March and it was great , been sailing celebrity a lot very inconsistent.

We've been to the Tuscan on Reflection and Infinity in the last year. My advice: Only go to the Tuscan if you have an OBC you need to spend. Otherwise it's throwing away a lot of money for an average meal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Tuscan is for the ambience and views.  Not so much the food.

To be honest, I have had some good meals and some not so good meals at Tuscan.  Like restaurants everywhere, it all depends on the Chef. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

To be honest, I have had some good meals and some not so good meals at Tuscan.  Like restaurants everywhere, it all depends on the Chef. 

Same here.

I have not had a not so good meal in Muranos…. I would dine there first…. Muranos is a step ahead.

My local steakhouse performs to perfection every time.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

I’d eat at Tuscan now before Murano.  Last 2x in Murano just okay.  Not worth extra at all. Tuscan has bigger variety and like mentioned half portions are always good.  If Murano updates there menu might be a help, been same for so long overall.  Maybe bored with it for lack of variety overall.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I have not had a not so good meal in Muranos…. I would dine there first…. Muranos is a step ahead.

I will double check before booking Murano to make sure my reservation is not the night of the Chef's Table.  Our worst experience in Murano was the night of the Chef's table .. they got all the attention and we were treated as an after thought.  Service was poor and for some unknown reason the food was just not as good as it normally was.  

I still plan to go there on our next Celebrity cruise.  We will also give Tuscan a try as well.  It's a 17-night cruise and I am sure there will be at least two evening meals in Luminae that we would not object to missing. 

• Like 1

This thread exemplifies that food is very subjective and tastes differ.  As far as service goes, the different experiences mentioned seem to indicate that sometimes the staff may just be having a bad night, and we feel badly for those unfortunate cruisers.  On our Reflection cruise earlier this month, we had amazing food, service, and wake view in Tuscan.  We had eaten in Murano the night before.  While the service in Murano was over the top, we definitely enjoyed our meal in Tuscan Grill much more.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Epperbiker said:

This thread exemplifies that food is very subjective and tastes differ.  As far as service goes, the different experiences mentioned seem to indicate that sometimes the staff may just be having a bad night, and we feel badly for those unfortunate cruisers.  On our Reflection cruise earlier this month, we had amazing food, service, and wake view in Tuscan.  We had eaten in Murano the night before.  While the service in Murano was over the top, we definitely enjoyed our meal in Tuscan Grill much more.  

What do you recommend from the meny?

On Eclipse the view from Tuscan was great. The food ok.  It took them three tries to get me a bottle of wine.  I liked Murano but my husband prefers Tuscan.  On Millie since there is no Murano I booked Tuscan at a slight discount.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cruiscs said:

What do you recommend from the meny?

We enjoyed the Antipasti board, Short Rib Pappardelle Ragu, Lasagna, Minestrone Soup, Burrata, Grilled Branzino, the Filet, and finally the Limoncello cheesecake, and Spumoni Donuts.

The only other thing we ordered was a flatbread - it was just Ok and we would skip it next time just to save more room for dessert.  Can't speak for other items.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1