Need help, 40th anniversary, spending it on a cruise, suggestions for making it special.

September 1st we will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary on the Jewel of the seas on a 16 day cruise back to the U.S. via Iceland and Greenland. My spouse, the love of my life has endured many hardships in the last 10 years and this is our trip of a lifetime.

Having said that I want to make it special and look towards the more seasoned cruisers and creative romantics out there to offer a suggestion to help me in my quest. We are diamond level cruisers and our actual anniversary places us in Nuuk Greenland where our choices of activities may be limited. Thanks in advance if you can help

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RRTcruiser said:

September 1st we will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary on the Jewel of the seas on a 16 day cruise back to the U.S. via Iceland and Greenland. My spouse, the love of my life has endured many hardships in the last 10 years and this is our trip of a lifetime.

Having said that I want to make it special and look towards the more seasoned cruisers and creative romantics out there to offer a suggestion to help me in my quest. We are diamond level cruisers and our actual anniversary places us in Nuuk Greenland where our choices of activities may be limited. Thanks in advance if you can help

Happy anniversary!  We'll look for you onboard as we're sailing that cruise and the one before.   Maybe plan a special dinner.  On Jewel we like Giovanni's and Chef's Table.  Nuuk is a new port for us so can't help much with that.

I would say take a nice photo using ship photographer with a small sign saying 40th anniversary and then give her 40 hugs.

Or in jest give her 40 dollars and tell her to buy something for herself.

seriously enjoy trip.

you could hide in the room 40 love notes too.  Then again 40 roses would be nice if ship has them.  You could but the ship model too.

Jewel is nice ship and I am sailing her r/t out of Amsterdam to Norway before you board. Toodles

• Like 1

Congratulations on 40 years!  My mom used to say that the first 65 were the hardest😉

Since you're cruising on Jewel of the Seas, why not surprise your wife with some jewels!  Maybe not 40 of them, unless you have the means!  40 roses is an excellent idea as well as the love notes...maybe give her clues to the hiding spot for a nice necklace, bracelet, or ring...if that's her thing.

Whatever you do, just enjoy it and the one with whom you've shared your life.

God bless you both!

• Like 1

If you go the suite route, you wouldn't need this, but in the planner, there are special occasion gifts that you can purchase and the room will be decorated when you arrive plus cake, choc strawberries, etc. 

• Like 2

I definitely agree on a suite , we had grand suite 1600 on a European cruise and loved it, it is a corner aft suite . I would also get the UDP so you can have all your dinners and some lunches in specialty restaurants. Happy anniversary. We had 1600 on our 25th.

• Like 1

I remember when my partner and I got married when we were sailing on royal carribean one of my family purchased a few gifts that were sent to our room every day for 3/4 days which was lovely ie champagne, Choc covered strawberries  etc.. It was lovely.... cant remember what the package was that she purchased but im sure they will be ones available 

• Like 1

Thanks, some pretty decent ideas and a few funny ones. I am grateful for the help… Will try to run down the cost  / availability on my suite options. 

Hopefully can keep it a secret until cruise day, already have first class airfare lined up.

• Like 4

Most of the ideas include big spending.  I do like the first class airfare.  Since you are Diamond, you know how she prefers to cruise.  With your diamond perks, any cruise can be quite nice. Something like the notes idea could mean more.

Maybe matching T-shirts with messages on them.  It would be a celebration everywhere you wear them.

Enjoy your special occasion.

1 minute ago, happy cruzer said:

Most of the ideas include big spending.  I do like the first class airfare.  Since you are Diamond, you know how she prefers to cruise.  With your diamond perks, any cruise can be quite nice. Something like the notes idea could mean more.

Maybe matching T-shirts with messages on them.  It would be a celebration everywhere you wear them.

Enjoy your special occasion.

T-shirts is a great Idea….

40th anniversary cruise….. Established September 1st 1984

Lots of selfies wearing the shirts…

Many thanks

• Like 2

This is such a coincidence, we will also be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary on the 1st of September and will be on this cruise with you ! ! We are travelling with four great friends from Florida. 

56 minutes ago, Dawn Sheps said:

This is such a coincidence, we will also be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary on the 1st of September and will be on this cruise with you ! ! We are travelling with four great friends from Florida. 

We definitely need to find each other and all of us toast September 1st