The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday February 29th, 2024

kazu

37 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

I met my DH after my first marriage ended . I was alone with my son. He was also divorced with custody of DD and Tana . Tana was his first wife’s child. The children grew up together. I have been fortunate with my blended family. DD is technically a step child but it is so much more than that. To further confuse you, Tana’s son calls me Grandma and I am very proud.Technically we are not related. But in my heart we are all one family.

Your love for Tana is clear to see Terry and you are a mam to her.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

My daughter was born on this day in 1964 along with several other babies at Walker AFB Hospital. No one there had ever seen a Feb. 29 birth before.

She was developementally disabled and passed in 1999.

I have been feeling better and getting stronger every day this past week.  Everyone's prayers here, from my church family and my community along with the current medication are working. A big THANK YOU to all.  The ideal medical treatment for me would be open heart surgery to replace the Mitral Valve but that can not be done because of my age, 82, and pre-existing conditions.

I am finally beginning to believe that I will be able to go on the Konigsdam Mexico cruise 03/23 through 30,2024.

Prayers for all who need them and hurrah's for everyone else.

Jane

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

My daughter was born on this day in 1964 along with several other babies at Walker AFB Hospital. No one there had ever seen a Feb. 29 birth before.

I have been feeling better and getting stronger every day this past week.  Everyone's prayers here, from my church family and my community along with the current medication are working. A big THANK YOU to all.  The ideal medical treatment for me would be open heart surgery to replace the Mitral Valve but that can not be done because of my age, 82, and pre-existing conditions.

I am finally beginning to believe that I will be able to go on the Konigsdam Mexico cruise 03/23 through 30,2024.

Jane

Jane, I'm glad you are feeling better and that the medicine is working.  Enjoy your cruise, you need a break where you can sit back and relax.

Lenda

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear daughter Jane.

I hope you are able to get on Koningsdam for it's 7 night cruise March 23rd- March 30th.

Love and best wishes from Pauline and me.

Graham.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@grapau27, Graham, I am touched by your kind comment.Thank you.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Linda, thank you so much for your lovely words.

@lazey1, I am so happy to hear that you are feeling a little better and hope you can enjoy the cruise. 

@aliaschief, Bruce, A very Happy Birthday!

Thank you Terry.

You are a special lady and Pauline and I wish you

All the best always.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Afternoon everyone,

We made it home yesterday and I was so tired.  We just had sandwiches for dinner. Too tired to cook and too tired to go out.

Thank you to all who contribute to this thread and keep it going.

Today we are expecting the area rug for the living room.  We ordered it in August and was supposed to have it by Thanksgiving.  That didn’t happen.  Then it was Christmas.  It finally came in while we were on our cruise.

The phone call yesterday said they would be delivering it between 11:30 am and 1 pm.  Well, it is now 1:28 pm and there is no sign of them.  We will see what happens. I spent the morning cleaning the Living Room floor.  It hadn’t been done since before we went on our cruise. Don’t want a new rug on a dirty floor.

As for my visit to the Mayo.  There was no tear or fracture of my shoulder.  Just arthritis.  My PMR numbers are down to normal.  However, the Doc wants to stay on the Prednisone until I see the Rheumatologist.  We will see where we go from there. I am hoping to be off the meds all together in a short time.  Hopefully with no flare-ups.

We’ll see what time the delivery guys show up.

Have a great day everyone and thank you all for your concerns.

Terri

Sounds like good news. Arthritis sucks, however glad no shoulder fracture.  

• Like 8

Thanks to all who replied to my question.  I'm happy to know it isn't just me.  What frustrated me is that it happened two days in a row.  

Not much happening here.  It was a pretty quiet day.  Those are nice now and then.

• Like 13

I really enjoyed seeing Cheryl my dietician today, it had been more than 4 years,  OMG! how does that happen!  but I did not like the news she gave me.  The illnesses I have had, the meds, my stupid inability to take my meds at the times that I should ( I take them en mass at the end of my day) she has informed me that it's not my diet, that is sending my blood sugars over the top, it's everything else in my life, and it's time for insulin.  So my goal is to walk, to take my meds when I should take my meds, to meditate, and to learn to unstress (if possible) to get my blood sugars to where they should be.   She also told me I need to get more calcium to ward off more of the oncoming osteoporosis,which seems to be a problem.  

Yesterday afternoon, on CC I couldnt like anything.  So even if you dont see a like, I😸 love you all. In fact I told Cheryl about you all, and she decided that you ARE the best thing in my life right now.

(But I knew that)

• Like 21

Good afternoon, 

What a day! It started off by waking up to snow on the ground. Enough to cover the grass and this time the road was covered. School was delayed by 2 hours because the roads/visibility/driving conditions were questionable and I was glad to be retired and home! I did get oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies baked so that was good.

My son came over and filled the seed feeders out front and the one small hummingbird feeder in the back and we had a visit. He left at 1:30 or so and a few minutes later there were some loud booms,  the house shook and the lights went off, then on, then powered down, then more booms and then off for good. I'm guessing a transformer blew. For me not having power also means no heat or water - lovely. 

I had PT at 3:20 and left a dark house but came home to one all lit up and the furnace going so back to normal. Now I can relax a bit. 

Have a good rest of the day!

Karen

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Just a quick update. My Sister is off most of the tubes & is able to drink clear liquids! She got out of bed and using a rollator, she walked a few steps to a chair. 

Her A-fib is still a concern and a cardiologist will be visiting her today to discuss options. 

Again, thank you all for keeping her in your prayers & well wishes. 

A very grateful Ann & family

That's great news - continued prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts. 

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, ORTravelGal said:

@kazu I emailed you directly regarding a Meet & Greet the April Rotterdam TA crossing group is trying to setup. Will you let me know here if you don’t receive it? Thank you. 

Jennifer

I got it Jennifer.  

I am in pain tonight and weary

I will answer you tomorrow if that is ok.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@smitty34877 Terry, We also have convolutions in our family trees. I have the greatest step-granddaughters!  The older one wanted us to move closer so they could “be there” for us. She said to me, “Grandma! You’ve been our grandma our whole life! You were there for us.  We’re here for you!”  We really do reap what we sow! Glad you will have some help this weekend. 

@lazey1 Jane, I hope you can fully enjoy your cruise, and that your care team will provide you the right options. Very glad to hear you are feeling better. 

@marshhawk Annie, cheering you on for success with new patterns, one step at a time. Be as good to yourself as you are to others! 

@aliaschief Happy Birthday Bruce.  Hope you can enjoy it in Sydney with your friends, such a special memory it will be for you. 
m—

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, dfish said:

Make me think we need to do a land based Hawaiian vacation.  

Highly recommend this!  We like cruising but the islands deserve an in depth visit! 

@aliaschief why not celebrate both days?   Happy birthday yesterday, today and tomorrow!

@Lazy 1 so sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter!  Happy heavenly birthday to her! I hope your cruise goes well! 

@kazu sending extra hugs, my friend!

@Nickelpenny thanks for sharing the pink dolphins! 

A rainbow for those who need one! 

IMG_0832.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3