Live from Celebrity Ascent March 3rd-10th Caribbean sailing

catsmit

5 minutes ago, catsmit said:

I’ll look tomorrow morning but I asked a floating attendant in the buffet at breakfast & was told without a beverage package, I could not have tomato juice. I even told him, I don’t want a Bloody Mary, just tomato juice. 🤣

Well, it’s true I’ve never sailed on Ascent, but I’m Elite Plus on Celebrity and these juices have always been available at one of the islands.  I’m sorry you were misinformed.  Just look around at the islands; the carafes are out on the counter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, catsmit said:

I’ll look tomorrow morning but I asked a floating attendant in the buffet at breakfast & was told without a beverage package, I could not have tomato juice. I even told him, I don’t want a Bloody Mary, just tomato juice. 🤣

There was a guest at the Elite breakfast one morning that wanted Tomato juice separate from his vodka and waiter said it was pre mixed. He raised hell but finally got his tomato juice. 

On 3/3/2024 at 1:06 PM, catsmit said:

. We were in group 1 and boarded the ship after the Retreat folks at 11AM. 

When you check in at the terminal do they assign you a boarding group #?  

At FLL 29 they fill up a series of large almost circular benches and then rows of connected chairs and consider each of these a group. They have staff directing you where to sit so they are filled in first come first serve. After the ship is cleared, they go to the first bench group and release them, etc. She was in that first "bench" group.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Well, it’s true I’ve never sailed on Ascent, but I’m Elite Plus on Celebrity and these juices have always been available at one of the islands.  I’m sorry you were misinformed.  Just look around at the islands; the carafes are out on the counter.

You are correct.  I was just on the Ascent and there was a beverage staff member whose job was to refill juice carafes.   There was pineapple, apple, cranberry, orange, and tomato.  

As for service for drinks in Oceanview, we had an attendant come over and asked us if we wanted water with our meals.  He came back with water and ice.  No need to produce SeaPass cards.  

Edited by keesar
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, catsmit said:

The gangway of the future is here today on the Celebrity Ascent. Since I’ve never been on Edge class ship, this was my first experience. Head and shoulders above the rest!

Agree. We felt the same way when we were on the Apex. 

Posted (edited)

@helen haywood @keesar  thank you for the assist! YES, found the tomato juice and his fruity cousins at the cereal island! Thank you!! Also, an OVC worker just passed by and asked if she could get anything for us! 

IMG_6254.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 11

10 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Just off Ascent.......OVC has the best ever plain croissants. Even better are the Nutella croissants at Cafe El Bacio. Sinful!

Those croissants!!! Every. Single. Morning, 

17 minutes ago, Galaxy2004 said:

Those croissants!!! Every. Single. Morning, 

Not a fan of their croissants I find them tough. I buy my croissants frozen and bake myself.   They are made in France. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Not a fan of their croissants I find them tough. I buy my croissants frozen and bake myself.   They are made in France. 

Never had a direct from France croissant. Would love to if they're better than these.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, jeneric997 said:

Thanks for posting during you vacation! We are on the same itinerary in less than 2 weeks. Can you confirm which nights are Evening Chic?

As posted in the Day 1 Celebrity Today…see the bolded text. 

IMG_6271.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Some folks worry about how busy the OceanView Café (OCV) gets. These pics were taken today, a sea day at just before 8AM Eastern time. At just after nine, it was big time crowded but still tables available, just a walk away from the main island areas. 

IMG_6255.jpeg

IMG_6256.jpeg

IMG_6257.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Galaxy2004 said:

Never had a direct from France croissant. Would love to if they're better than these.

I buy them frozen from my local grocery store 4 in a bag says right on the bag: Product of France. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ok, here’s the Nutella croissant. The Nutella was very good, the croissant was a little chewy for my taste. 

IMG_6273.jpeg

Edited by catsmit

3 minutes ago, catsmit said:

Ok, here’s the Nutella croissant. The Nutella was very good, the croissant was a little chewy for my taste. 

IMG_6273.jpeg

I guess I'm spoiled with the European croissants and now won't eat anything else. 

Here’s what the Grand Plaza (Centrum) looks like from deck 4. It is 3 stories high on decks, 3, 4 & 5. Everything & everywhere you look on this ship is over top beautiful 

IMG_6274.jpeg

• Like 8

Thank you for the comparison to HAL!  We have been a loyal Celebrity cruiser but thinking of trying other lines. 

We were on Ascent in January and LOVED her. Enjoy! 

Posted (edited)

Here are some random outdoor areas of the Ascent. As with the inside, the outdoor area are just as grand, especially the Rooftop Garden located on deck 15. These pics were taken while walking on the walking/running track also on deck15. No wrap around promenade deck on the Ascent. 

IMG_6259.jpeg

IMG_6261.jpeg

IMG_6263.jpeg

IMG_6270.jpeg

IMG_6269.jpeg

IMG_6265.jpeg

IMG_6264.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 9

The show last night in the Theatre was called Bridges. It was a well performed production number by the onboard dancers & singers. They did a remarkable job. Well done!!

• Like 2