Live from Celebrity Ascent March 3rd-10th Caribbean sailing

catsmit

Posted (edited)

I’m not sure this pic will be a still shot or play the loop; I saved it as a loop/small video. I am mesmerized by this wall on deck 3 next to Guest Services. 

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Galaxy2004 said:

Never had a direct from France croissant. Would love to if they're better than these.

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they have amazing frozen croissants from Franc  (Almond, Chocolate and double chocolate options).  Just be sure to plan ahead and "proof" them overnight

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tropiclvrs said:

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, they have amazing frozen croissants from Franc  (Almond, Chocolate and double chocolate options).  Just be sure to plan ahead and "proof" them overnight

Yum, the Trader Joe's almond ones are a go to item for us when we have overnight summer guests. Easy and delicious breakfast option. Maybe I think the ones on Ascent are delicious because my effort level to get them is pretty much zero🙂. No proofing required!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Galaxy2004 said:

Yum, the Trader Joe's almond ones are a go to item for us when we have overnight summer guests. Easy and delicious breakfast option. Maybe I think the ones on Ascent are delicious because my effort level to get them is pretty much zero🙂. No proofing required!

If you know or meet someone in the Retreat, have them bring you an almond croissant...simply delish!

• Like 2

Are there any Beyond the Podium speaker(s) onboard?  We had an amateur astronomer a couple of weeks ago on the same ship and he was amazing.

Thank you for taking time out of your vacation to share the photos.  You must have gotten up early to take them as there are not many people in the pictures.

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

If you know or meet someone in the Retreat, have them bring you an almond croissant...simply delish!

I think I saw Almond Croissants at El Bacio this morning alongside the Nutella.

We are having our dinner in the Tuscan Restaurant. Yum!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, catsmit said:

This one is much better & a little longer. I could stay here by Guest Services and watch this board for hours. 

IMG_6275.mov

it is an amazing piece of kinetic art..highlighted at the beginning of the Art and Architecture Tour.

2 hours ago, keesar said:

Are there any Beyond the Podium speaker(s) onboard?  We had an amateur astronomer a couple of weeks ago on the same ship and he was amazing.

Thank you for taking time out of your vacation to share the photos.  You must have gotten up early to take them as there are not many people in the pictures.

I am an early riser thanks to DH; your welcome. 

Yes, we have had Beyond the Podium with Melinda Bates. Today’s topic was Backstage at the White House. I did not attend. Tomorrow is all about the founding Mothers, the Revolutionaries. 

11 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Not a fan of their croissants I find them tough. I buy my croissants frozen and bake myself.   They are made in France. 

The crunch on the outside of the Celebrity croissants are reminiscent of the Italian pastry, Sfogliatelle which is one of my favorite Italian pastries. That is the Italian pastry that resembles a shell, is filled with Ricotta and dusted with powdered sugar.

4 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Cafe Al Bacio serves almond croissants too. Are they the same as what is served in The Retreat?

1 hour ago, catsmit said:

I am an early riser thanks to DH; your welcome. 

Yes, we have had Beyond the Podium with Melinda Bates. Today’s topic was Backstage at the White House. I did not attend. Tomorrow is all about the founding Mothers, the Revolutionaries. 

We had her as a speaker on a Celebrity ship about 10 years ago.  She was very informative and entertaining.  

53 minutes ago, keesar said:

We had her as a speaker on a Celebrity ship about 10 years ago.  She was very informative and entertaining.  

Melinda Bates was a speaker on my TA last April on the Apex.  I thought she was excellent 

Hi! We are on the Ascent next week, March 10-17. By your pics it looks beautiful, thank you for posting.
Do you happen to know how ANYTIME dining works? At this point, the app is allowing me to reserve times at the MAIN DINING rooms but the only available times are 9 & 9:30pm which we would prefer earlier.
I called Celebrity and she said we will reserve once we are on the ship. But for some reason I'm skeptical and thought I'd ask here.

• Like 1

No reservations required in anytime dining. If you have a preferred time and a preference among the 4 main dining rooms, talk with the hostess at that restaurant and they'll work with you. We made no reservations and never had to wait more than 10 minutes.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Lucy2Cruiser said:

Hi! We are on the Ascent next week, March 10-17. By your pics it looks beautiful, thank you for posting.
Do you happen to know how ANYTIME dining works? At this point, the app is allowing me to reserve times at the MAIN DINING rooms but the only available times are 9 & 9:30pm which we would prefer earlier.
I called Celebrity and she said we will reserve once we are on the ship. But for some reason I'm skeptical and thought I'd ask here.

We are set at early traditional in the Tuscan Restaurant and we are at the same table with the same wait staff. We were instructed to just walk past every one in line and go to our table. Having said that, I have spoken with others onboard who said they have anytime dining even with a set reserved time. They still had to wait in line to be seated because they did not know their table assignment. 

On embarkation day, there was a dining room hostess desk located on deck 3 just off from Guest Services. We met with the lady who accommodated our request in the Tuscan Restaurant at an assigned table and time for the duration of the cruise.

Even though we are dining in Tuscan, we can order any of the exclusive dishes being served in the other three restaurants; it doesn’t matter - appetizer or entree. 

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

that's what we hope to arrange on APEX..either Tuscan or Cyprus.. early dining time, same window table and wait staff..works best for us. (Only planning on 2 Specialty nights out..EDEN and FINE CUT)

Posted (edited)

Plan to travel on Sep with  Ascent, Trying to figure out the layout of the couch/bed on Ascent ships that have space for 3rd passenger on the Deluxe Inside Cabin

Have not found a picture

any help appreciated

Edited by SFCAN

20 minutes ago, catsmit said:

We are set at early traditional in the Tuscan Restaurant and we are at the same table with the same wait staff. We were instructed to just walk past every one in line and go to our table. Having said that, I have spoken with others onboard who said they have anytime dining even with a set reserved time. They still had to wait in line to be seated because they did not know their table assignment. 

On embarkation day, there was a dining room hostess desk located on deck 3 just off from Guest Services. We met with the lady who accommodated our request in the Tuscan Restaurant at an assigned table and time for the duration of the cruise.

Even though we are dining in Tuscan, we can order any of the exclusive dishes being served in the other three restaurants; it doesn’t matter - appetizer or entree. 

Thank you so much! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

3 minutes ago, Lucy2Cruiser said:

Thank you so much! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Lucy2Cruiser - here’s a picture where the desk is on deck 3 - between the elevator lobby and the hallway to the deck 3 MDR restaurants. 

IMG_6280.jpeg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, hcat said:

that's what we hope to arrange on APEX..either Tuscan or Cyprus.. early dining time, same window table and wait staff..works best for us. (Only planning on 2 Specialty nights out..EDEN and FINE CUT)

On the Ascent in Tuscan, all the window seats that I can see are large tables.They would not let us take a table for 4 and not agree to share. I can see why; the place is packed full at 6-6:30. 

15 minutes ago, SFCAN said:

Plan to travel on Sep with  Ascent, Trying to figure out the layout of the couch/bed on Ascent ships that have space for 3rd passenger on the Deluxe Inside Cabin

Have not found a picture

any help appreciated

I don’t know anyone sailing in a Deluxe Inside Cabin but I’ll see what I can do. If successful, I’ll get back to you.

Posted (edited)

Don’t miss the Eden Café just off to the left of the main Eden area. It even has an outdoor seating area should that be your preference. On sea days, it’s open for continental breakfast & lunch; port days, just lunch. Has complimentary & pay menu depending on your choice. Going to try out lunch tomorrow as today we are in Cozumel. A frozen margarita and guacamole made at my table is calling me! 😁

And yes, that’s the expensive Icon OTS in port next to us.

IMG_6278.jpeg

IMG_6279.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 4