Live from Celebrity Ascent March 3rd-10th Caribbean sailing

catsmit

7 minutes ago, doghog said:

Was the CC serving hors d'oeuvres during the HH in Eden? 

Not on day 2; day 6 is tomorrow. If I see any tomorrow, I’ll report back. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, catsmit said:

Not on day 2; day 6 is tomorrow. If I see any tomorrow, I’ll report back. 

Two weeks ago, we had appetizers on Days 2 and Days 6 at Eden on the Ascent.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, keesar said:

Two weeks ago, we had appetizers on Days 2 and Days 6 at Eden on the Ascent.

Can you  please tell me where in Eden they were set up? I missed them completely on Day 2 and I don’t want to miss them on Day 6. However, if they are anything like Royal’s spread, well………

17 minutes ago, catsmit said:

Can you  please tell me where in Eden they were set up? I missed them completely on Day 2 and I don’t want to miss them on Day 6. However, if they are anything like Royal’s spread, well………

There was no set up.  They had a waiter walk about the area with the appetizers on a tray.  It was easy to miss.  

It also appears that you have the brother of the Captain we had two weeks ago.  We are both fortunate to have those two gentlemen. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, keesar said:

There was no set up.  They had a waiter walk about the area with the appetizers on a tray.  It was easy to miss.  

It also appears that you have the brother of the Captain we had two weeks ago.  We are both fortunate to have those two gentlemen. 

Well, on Day 2 no one walked around where I was sitting in Eden with appetizers for sure. My dining time is early seating, so about 5:30, I’m gone. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Yes, on the brothers co-Captains - Captain Tasos is at the helm this week. He is a hoot! Such a wonderful sense of humor. Glad to have him!

• Like 1

Questions about the main dining room.  I know that there are 4 and we got early seating and requested Tuscan.  I haven't seen which one we have been assigned to.  I guess we will find out when we get into our rooms.  I have read elsewhere that it doesn't matter which one you eat at you can get any of the exclusives.  Is that true?  Also, I have looked on the app regard what is for dinner.  It seemed that the menu was repeated every day except for the exclusives.  I am not talking about the normal salmon, steak and chicken that has been always an alternative, every night.  I also read (too much research😀) that about a week before they will post the menus for my sailing.  So, I guess I should disregard what I saw in the app.

I am enjoying your write-ups, and it sounds like you are really enjoying this trip. I will be on it Apr.7 and cannot wait. The one anxiety is not having a true balcony, just the window that goes up and down.  If you open it, then the A/C shuts off.  Oh well, we wanted to try a different Celebrity ship after countless cruises on their other ships.  

17 hours ago, catsmit said:

Yes, on the brothers co-Captains - Captain Tasos is at the helm this week. He is a hoot! Such a wonderful sense of humor. Glad to have him!

You’re Welcome.. 🙂

On 3/7/2024 at 1:19 PM, Rustyman said:

The crew need to grow a pair and remove the towels and personal goods from unoccupied loungers. There will no doubt be a few grumbles at first by the hogs but in no time at all folk will get the message and miraculously everyone will benefit from available sun loungers and chairs. The ideal time to start this would be around 8am when they are occupied by towels but no or few humans in sight.

This, so much this^^^

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, NJCruisers said:

I have read elsewhere that it doesn't matter which one you eat at you can get any of the exclusives.  Is that true?  Also, I have looked on the app regard what is for dinner.  It seemed that the menu was repeated every day except for the exclusives.  I am not talking about the normal salmon, steak and chicken that has been always an alternative, every night.  

We've been researching this too and believe that the "Exclusive Entrees" are offered every night but only at that particular dining room. (Example: Cypriot Short Ribs are offered every night at Cyprus, Oxtail every night at Cosmopolitan). Then there is a set of "Entrees" that are different every day but offered at all 4 dining rooms. Then there's also the salmon, chicken, steak options that you mentioned so it's a Rubik's cube of menus! 

Really enjoying this thread! Thanks to the OP for sharing!

Edited by RK-NC

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NJCruisers said:

@NJCruisers @RK-NC

Thank you. Yes, we have enjoyed sailing on Ascent. 

I spoke with a passenger who is staying in one of those infinity balconies. I had some of the same concerns as you. She told me that the room is small enough that the A/C cools it quickly. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I like “to hang meat” temps in my room especially in hot weather climates. 

We had only pre-arranged early seating time. We wanted to be in the same room with the same wait staff at the same table for the duration of our cruise. On embarkation day, we met with the dining room hostess located on Deck 3 near Guest Services. She took care of our request, no problems. Because we had an assigned table, we were able to “skip” the line entering the restaurant every evening. 

Exclusives are available everyday. Regardless of which dining room you are assigned, you are able to order exclusives available in any of the four. During our cruise, I have enjoyed exclusive dishes from the Cosmopolitan and Cyprus dining rooms while dining in Tuscan. The other menu items available in each restaurant will change daily, however, you will see some everyday items there as well - ceasar salad, escargot, French onion soup, shrimp cocktail, steak, salmon, etc.

The menus were loaded on the app about a week or so out from my sailing.

I’m sure you will get the hang of it once onboard but do visit with the dining room hostess on embarkation day to make sure you’re all set. 

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

To give you an idea, this is the Day 6 menu. I should have posted these daily. 

IMG_6321.jpeg

IMG_6322.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, doghog said:

Was the CC serving hors d'oeuvres during the HH in Eden? 

No hor d’oeuvres served on Day 6 between 5:00 and 5:30 in Eden. 

Edited by catsmit
  • Thanks 1

There is an Elite breakfast that serves amazing croissants- almond , chocolate and plain. On my Ascent cruise it was at the Le Grand Bistro, who also sells a variety of French baked goods later in the morning and afternoon.

5 minutes ago, CardowMD said:

There is an Elite breakfast that serves amazing croissants- almond , chocolate and plain. On my Ascent cruise it was at the Le Grand Bistro, who also sells a variety of French baked goods later in the morning and afternoon.

Along with bloody marys, mimosas and bellinis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catsmit said:

No hor d’oeuvres served on Day 6 between 5:00 and 5:30 in Eden. 

Did you go up to the second floor with the access being just past the bar?  There should have been a hostess there at the bottom of the stairs.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, keesar said:

Did you go up to the second floor with the access being just past the bar?  There should have been a hostess there at the bottom of the stairs.  

I did not during the Elite HH. We always sat in the row of chairs between the 5th floor entrance and the bar area.  I did see some waiters walking around with trays of the assorted pre-made cocktails.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, catsmit said:

I did not during the Elite HH. We always sat in the row of chairs between the 5th floor entrance and the bar area.  I did see some waiters walking around with trays of the assorted pre-made cocktails.

Those would have been the snacks for the CC HH. Severs also taking drink orders. This is how the CC HH was done pre shutdown.

Edited by doghog

7 minutes ago, doghog said:

Those would have been the snacks for the CC HH. Severs also taking drink orders. This is how the CC HH was done pre shutdown.

There is no fancy 'spread'.  Servers were in the area up the stairs behind the bar on the upper level.  I ran into that by accident when I was playing Trivia when talking to a Captain's Club greeter.  There were drinks servers and those carrying appetizers.  Not well attended and I could see why due to location.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, keesar said:

There is no fancy 'spread'.  Servers were in the area up the stairs behind the bar on the upper level.  I ran into that by accident when I was playing Trivia when talking to a Captain's Club greeter.  There were drinks servers and those carrying appetizers.  Not well attended and I could see why due to location.

I  never consider the snacks/appetizers being severed by the roaming servers fancy before(pre shutdown). Looking forward again to the CC HH event on our September Edge cruise. 

Edited by doghog

1 hour ago, keesar said:

Pre covid HH was held in the Sky lounge on S class ships and was well attended every night. I remember on one sailing they had tons of great appetizers even mini crab cakes and they were delicious. Real crab not the imitation garbage

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Pre covid HH was held in the Sky lounge on S class ships and was well attended every night. I remember on one sailing they had tons of great appetizers even mini crab cakes and they were delicious. Real crab not the imitation garbage

Lots of changes (mostly cutbacks) post-COVID. 🙁

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tljordan444 said:

We were on the maiden voyage b2b in December and loved it. We have friends boarding tomorrow and I was wondering if Luigi is still the CD??

Luigi is the CD on our sailing.