Live from Celebrity Ascent March 3rd-10th Caribbean sailing

catsmit

1 hour ago, catsmit said:

Don’t miss the Eden Café just off to the left of the main Eden area. It even has an outdoor seating area should that be your preference. On sea days, it’s open for continental breakfast & lunch; port days, just lunch. Has complimentary & pay menu depending on your choice. Going to try out lunch tomorrow as today we are in Cozumel. A frozen margarita and guacamole made at my table is calling me! 😁

If you eat in the Eden Cafe for lunch, try the potato salad - it's delicious!  At least it was on the Edge and Apex. 😉

• Thanks 1

The ship is beautiful, sailed her this past January..booked again Jan of 2026 for a 10 day Southern Caribbean, SV...

The crew was calling the Octopus "Ocho"..

The night glitter party at the pool was my favorite, reminds me I need to step up my game on my outdoor sound system....they do a good job with the silent disco too.  

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Cafe Al Bacio serves almond croissants too. Are they the same as what is served in The Retreat?

No, they are larger and taste better!  I thought I had a photo, but unfortunately, I do not.  Even my DH likes them almost as much as I do!🥐

Edited by Lastdance

1 hour ago, cricketgirl said:

If you eat in the Eden Cafe for lunch, try the potato salad - it's delicious!  At least it was on the Edge and Apex. 😉

noted in my folder! 

EDEN cafe has quite a few treats. at.no extra charge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Docked in Cozumel today next to the Icon OTS. A crew against crew basketball game is scheduled later today. Captain Tasos announced that if our team fails to win, they cannot return to the Ascent. 🤣

I saw our team on the dock & wished them good luck! 🍀

In the last of my pics posted here, I caught a crew member cleaning up the ship a bit for those of you sailing on March 10th. We’ve kept her clean for y’all! 

IMG_6283.jpeg

IMG_6288.jpeg

IMG_6289.jpeg

IMG_6281.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 12

Posted (edited)

On our sailing last month we were also parked beside ICON of the Seas in Cozumel and just couldn't get over how huge the ship was compared to Ascent, which isn't exactly small!

Edited by Galaxy2004

No question that ICON is an ugly beast..

Can overwhelm most of the ports and shops!

Hope we are never in a port with it....but we usually take ship's excursions anyhow...Hopefully a saving grace!

IMG_6288.thumb.jpeg.230cd2adeb586ddef305182eec3ff159.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cricketgirl said:

The potato salad was very nicely prepared.  I tended to have the Sandwich Special of the Day which seemed to be the roast beef sandwich freshly carved off a roast.  Great bread and fresh lettuce and tomato slices on the sandwich.  The salads and cookies are really good as well.  A calm atmosphere compared to upstairs...

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 6:56 AM, catsmit said:

Was looking online to purchase a coffee card like the one offered on Royal Caribbean but couldn’t find one offered for purchase by Celebrity. Don’t need to purchase a drink package but would definitely do coffee! Any insights?

Celebrity does not offer a coffee card. 

On 3/1/2024 at 2:43 PM, drakes2 said:

I didn't realize they let you know if you don't win your bid. I've also bid on a SV but haven't received notification 

They normally advise you of an unsuccessful bid at 48 hours prior to embarkation time.   I've always received one.    Some have found them in their spam or junk folder when looking for them.

On 3/5/2024 at 1:50 PM, Lastdance said:

If you know or meet someone in the Retreat, have them bring you an almond croissant...simply delish!

Agree they are so much better than the mini ones at al Bacio.    They are always really flaky and not chewy at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Cafe Al Bacio serves almond croissants too. Are they the same as what is served in The Retreat?

This is the Nutella croissant in Luminae. We discovered them on the last day-good thing it was the last day! The croissants in the Retreat lounge are larger and a little different than Cafe al Bacio. 

IMG_8664.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I took these pics at 8:30AM day 5 sea day. There are only 2 people in the pool as DH & I walk our mile. Where did everyone gooooooo?

IMG_6303.jpeg

IMG_6304.jpeg

IMG_6305.jpeg

IMG_6306.jpeg

IMG_6307.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Haha 2

Ridiculous amount of chair hoggery going on. Of course, I'm one that ignores "reserved chairs" and if looking for one and nothing readily open I simply move the towels to another unused "reserved" chair and when I'm done move them back. Not one single time has someone returned while I've been using a previously reserved chair. I'm not one to lay in chairs for hours on end though.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Galaxy2004 said:

Not one single time has someone returned while I've been using a previously reserved chair. 

Your experience puts an !!! on this issue. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, catsmit said:

I took these pics at 8:30AM day 5 sea day. There are only 2 people in the pool as DH & I walk our mile. Where did everyone gooooooo?

Back to bed. I walk every morning for 1.5 hours starting at 6:AM. I always see the chair hogs that early (especially on sea days) scurrying about frantically marking their territories in their PJs with their bedhead. Early morning entertainment while walking. 

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, doghog said:

Back to bed. I walk every morning for 1.5 hours starting at 6:AM. I always see the chair hogs that early (especially on sea days) scurrying about frantically marking their territories in their PJs with their bedhead. Early morning entertainment while walking. 

Ever since I received the phone call from Celebrity about no loungers on  balconies, I have been thoroughly disappointed.  I guess there have been no issues when the loungers are filled with towels. That was my reason for booking a Sunset Suite; huge balcony on wake with loungers...not anymore!  I am not a sun-worshiper at all, but why have a huge balcony and not allow loungers?  Okay, so the answer was because of safety issues on balconies by not by pool area or on the decks...hmmm...I like the idea of the walking game of towels🤪

Edited by Lastdance
I have my insurance, but am being penalized due to others!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, catsmit said:

IMG_6303.jpeg

IMG_6304.jpeg

IMG_6305.jpeg

IMG_6306.jpeg

IMG_6307.jpeg

The crew need to grow a pair and remove the towels and personal goods from unoccupied loungers. There will no doubt be a few grumbles at first by the hogs but in no time at all folk will get the message and miraculously everyone will benefit from available sun loungers and chairs. The ideal time to start this would be around 8am when they are occupied by towels but no or few humans in sight.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Is it time to visit the topic - Captain’s Club and the Captain’s Club Happy Hour?

DH & I are D+ (400 points) so in matching our Royal status, we are Elite with Celebrity. 

Happy Hour runs from 5PM-7PM except for embarkation day; starts on Day 2 and on this 7- day cruise, on Days 2 & 6 Happy Hour for Elite & above will occur in an (designated) Elite Cocktail Lounge. On this sailing, the designated lounge was Eden.

Since dinner runs from 5:30-8:00, time to mingle & talk cruising with other members is extremely limited. Happy Hour also occurs at many of the bars but there are some exceptions. There is also a cocktail hour menu which identifies the spirits, cocktails and wines, etc. that are offered. Bailey’s Irish Cream is not one of them. 

We decided to attend Happy Hour in Eden everyday. We met a very nice couple from Florida (I know - shocker!) We enjoyed exchanging cruising experiences and since they cruise often on Celebrity, we learned a few things, like lunch is served in the Eden Café.  Originally we didn’t know there was a café behind the curtains. 

Since DH & I are both Elite, we were able to score 2 bags of complimentary laundry! Since this is the 2nd leg of our S2S that certainly came in handy! Only 1 per stateroom on Royal and limited in garments to send. On Celebrity, whatever fits in the bag is good! Thank you Celebrity!

Several other events are offered, however you must RSVP with the Captain’s Club Concierge Team located on Deck 3 midship across the area from Guest Services.

For a complete list of the benefits available, see pics below and also a pic of the Cocktail Menu. 

IMG_6243.jpeg

IMG_6242.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I forgot to post this earlier. I asked our cabin attendant how & why this simple yet beautiful arrangement got here. He said he brought it & it’s because of our Elite status. It’s a very nice touch.

IMG_6294.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, catsmit said:

Days 2 & 6 Happy Hour for Elite & above will occur in an (designated) Elite Cocktail Lounge. On this sailing, the designated lounge was Eden.

Was the CC serving hors d'oeuvres during the HH in Eden?