Live from Celebrity Ascent March 3rd-10th Caribbean sailing

catsmit

It’s 10AM and DH & I are waiting in the terminal area to board the Ascent. We’ve gone through security & check-in - both seamless but after the Retreat folks, we’re in the first group to board. 

IMG_6213.jpeg

IMG_6214.jpeg

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

If you would like some pizza, head to the aft area of the Oceanview Cafe on Deck 14. They’ll even cook a pizza for you. DH likes anchovies and already inquired. He needs to get them at one of the salad stations and bring them over and they’ll make his pizza. 

For burgers & dogs, head to the Mast Grill, mid ship across from the pool in front of the Oceanview Café. 

IMG_6216.jpeg

IMG_6218.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 6

What’s really impressive, is the openness of each deck. Very high ceilings, ceiling to floor windows… it’s really nice

This is a picture of the Centrum/Atrium area from deck 3

IMG_6222.jpeg

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

These pics are of our stateroom - a Prime Oceanview cabin on Deck 3. We are pleased with our selection and not sad at all that our move-up bid to a Sunset Veranda was declined. Our room is comparable to our balcony cabin on the Nieuw Statendam but without the obvious. 

I”ll say that the bathroom area is larger than those we’ve had on Royal’s Radiance class ships but the shower on the Nieuw Statendam beats them all, hands down. 

IMG_6224.jpeg

IMG_6227.jpeg

IMG_6225.jpeg

IMG_6226.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 11

Posted (edited)

This is the Nieuw Statendam shower/bathroom  we’ve had in VB & AS category balcony cabins.  The shower is wall to wall. 

IMG_6191.jpeg

IMG_6190.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

My sister is on this cruise ( her first ever ) 

Looking forward to your thread.

I will look closely at you pics. Maybe I will spot her hihi 

27 minutes ago, catsmit said:

If you would like some pizza, head to the aft area of the Oceanview Cafe on Deck 14. They’ll even cook a pizza for you. DH likes anchovies and already inquired. He needs to get them at one of the salad stations and bring them over and they’ll make his pizza. 

For burgers & dogs, head to the Mast Grill, mid ship across from the pool in front of the Oceanview Café. 

IMG_6216.jpeg

IMG_6218.jpeg

Thank you for this info/pictures. 

5 hours ago, catsmit said:

It’s 10AM and DH & I are waiting in the terminal area to board the Ascent. We’ve gone through security & check-in - both seamless but after the Retreat folks, we’re in the first group to board. 

@catsmit  Great pics!  Many thanks!!!  My group and I board on 14 April.

A question:  You note that you're at the terminal for check-in at 10am.  Did you have any issues arriving at that time?   (I assume that your official check-in time from Celebrity was later than 10:00.)

--Marne

29 minutes ago, marne-c said:

@catsmit  Great pics!  Many thanks!!!  My group and I board on 14 April.

A question:  You note that you're at the terminal for check-in at 10am.  Did you have any issues arriving at that time?   (I assume that your official check-in time from Celebrity was later than 10:00.)

--Marne

Marne - the doors opened at 10AM. We were early at 9AM (because the Nieuw Statendam needed their zero count) and waited outside the doors until they let us in. Today was sticky muggy, hot and uncomfortable - YUK!! Our assigned arrival time was 11:30-12:00. None of the cruise lines we have sailed stick to your assigned time. We were able to leave our luggage with the porters. We were in group 1 and boarded the ship after the Retreat folks at 11AM. 

Posted (edited)

Enjoying sailaway from the comfort & air-conditioned Eden Lounge area. 

The “journey” here was like no other…2nd pic

IMG_6238.jpeg

IMG_6235.jpeg

IMG_6240.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 14

Posted (edited)

The Theatre access is on decks 4 & 5 forward. It’s beautiful! I didn’t see a bad seat anywhere. 

IMG_6234.jpeg

IMG_6233.jpeg

IMG_6232.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 9

Posted (edited)

Your photos are very vibrant and full frame.. Are u using a regular camera or phone camera?

We hated this transit area..it was soo dark...Now I see from your photo  that there were apparently lights that were not turned on whenever we went through..  Much diff look and visibility!!

your photo

IMG_6235.thumb.jpeg.3c14c8d01bf23ac7f32f9b67011d6923.jpeg-1.jpg

my pic from ASECENT CRUISE 1/28

20240130_064708.jpg

Edited by hcat

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

Your photos are very vibrant and full frame.. Are u using a regular camera or phone camera?

We hated this transit area..it was soo dark...Now I see from your photo  that there were apparently lights that were not turned on whenever we went through..  Much diff look and visibility!!

your photo

IMG_6235.thumb.jpeg.3c14c8d01bf23ac7f32f9b67011d6923.jpeg-1.jpg

my pic from ASECENT CRUISE 1/28

20240130_064708.jpg

The lights go through a sequence of being dark and then gradually become brighter and brighter in increments.  A huge improvement over the Beyond.

39 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thank you for the compliment. I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro Max, no filters; just aim & click.  I didn’t notice any lighting changes as reported by @keesar but I’ll be sure to look closely whenever going to Eden. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, keesar said:

The lights go through a sequence of being dark and then gradually become brighter and brighter in increments.  A huge improvement over the Beyond.

def no such lights when we were there. We were in AQ /Blu, and frequented EDEN . Darkness was even discussed on our Art Tour.. maybe needed repair!

thanks for explaining it..much better with lights than Beyond

14 minutes ago, catsmit said:

Thank you for the compliment. I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro Max, no filters; just aim & click.  I didn’t notice any lighting changes as reported by @keesar but I’ll be sure to look closely whenever going to Eden. 

guess you have a good "eye"

For the ladies like me who like to bring your personal hair dryers, here’s a treat for you!! Look what I found under the vanity….Finally, a well lit area in the bathroom to blow dry & style my hair!

IMG_6245.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Here’s some personal observations in the buffet (Oceanview Café) area this morning, as well as some comparisons - 

You are only serviced for coffee re-fills, bar drinks and removing plates. Otherwise, you must get your own drinks, water, tea, some juices, etc. There is a staff worker that will come around and offer re-fills. But the place is enormous; I’m not sure how many employees are manning the coffee re-fill cart. It’s basically a self-service operation.  If you want tomato juice, no way José on Celebrity without a drink package.

Tomato juice was complimentary on HAL’s Nieuw Statemdam as well as on the Enchanted Princess last Nov/Dec. Princess buffet employees even serviced the passengers for specialty coffees and delivered omelets. Your needs were well & constantly serviced on par with main dining room service. 

Not bashing here, just stating my experiences and observations. 

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 1

Hey, heads up…ask an attendant at one of the islands at the OVC…there is tomato juice, prune juice, pineapple juice etc in carafes for free.  These juices are not in the beverage bay areas.  The locations tend to vary ship to ship…sometimes the yogurt/cereal island…sometimes the fruit island…but these extra juices are available!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Hey, heads up…ask an attendant at one of the islands at the OVC…there is tomato juice, prune juice, pineapple juice etc in carafes for free.  These juices are not in the beverage bay areas.  The locations tend to vary ship to ship…sometimes the yogurt/cereal island…sometimes the fruit island…but these extra juices are available!

I’ll look tomorrow morning but I asked a floating attendant in the buffet at breakfast & was told without a beverage package, I could not have tomato juice. I even told him, I don’t want a Bloody Mary, just tomato juice. 🤣

Posted (edited)

The gangway of the future is here today on the Celebrity Ascent. Since I’ve never been on Edge class ship, this was my first experience. Head and shoulders above the rest!

IMG_6250.jpeg

IMG_6248.jpeg

IMG_6249.jpeg

Edited by catsmit
  • Like 5