Celebration - potato chips?

I don't think I have ever seen potato chips on carnival. I could be wrong but I don't think the shops have them nor any of the dining outlets. Late night snacks or as it was called on my last cruise  -the midnight buffet had tortilla chips but that's all I can recall

• Thanks 1

I feel like years ago the room service sandwiches came with chips but I maybe confusing myself with Royal etc.  

I too feel no chips is a bit of a miss for Carnival, I mean sandwiches come with fries so its not like chips wouldn't be cheaper/easier.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zigzaggery said:

Hello,

My husband is a big salty snacker, with potato chips being his favourite. Is there anywhere we can get them on board?

Thanks,

Jennifer 

You can buy Pringles on board and I wasn't too shocked at the price.  Best chips we've ever had lol.  We were craving something salty and usually bring them but didn't this time.  We used to order pretzels and chips from room service and they would bring a big plate full of both of them!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zigzaggery said:

Hello,

My husband is a big salty snacker, with potato chips being his favourite. Is there anywhere we can get them on board?

Thanks,

Jennifer 

We always pack a few can of Pringle’s and some chocolate bars in our suitcase 

never an issue 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pringles is usually what's in the shops on board. I've only gotten chips from room service with a sandwich order. I usually either bring my own because I like to take a snack in Port or I buy in Port especially because I can get local chips that's harder to find in the States.

• Thanks 1

On some ships, I have seen bags of chips in the sports bar (or I guess it would now be the heroes bar). As others have said, i've also seen Pringles (maybe other chips but i'm not positive) in one of the gift shops. 

Like others I like to bring some chips with me in my suitcase, for when those salty snack cravings hit. I usually like grabbing the Lays Stax since I feel like their cans hold up the best. 

• Thanks 1

Cherry on top and the gift shop sell chips.  The Pringles are $8 a can.  There are also chips in the Hero's sports bar along with bags of peanuts.   I usually pack a couple of cans of Pringles in my checked suitcase.  You can also bring some on board in port.

• Thanks 1

You may be able grab some chips at the Deco Deli. We were on Jubilee a couple of weeks ago and grabbed a few sandwiches at the Beach Buns deli...basically the same as the Deco Deli on Celebration, and they had potato chips. They'll toss a handful of chips on with a sandwich order, but we asked a couple of times for just chips and they gave them to us. Neither my wife or I can remember exactly what they did on Celebration last year.

• Thanks 1

I've been disappointed by Carnival room service deliveries previously because although they stated sandwiches were served with chips, there were no chips.

I have concluded that keeping chips fresh in sea air or onboard a ship must be peculiarly difficult.

In my experience, you are very unlikely to easily find potato chips - unless you bring your own.  Personally, I can go without chips for the duration of a cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

You may be able grab some chips at the Deco Deli. We were on Jubilee a couple of weeks ago and grabbed a few sandwiches at the Beach Buns deli...basically the same as the Deco Deli on Celebration, and they had potato chips. They'll toss a handful of chips on with a sandwich order, but we asked a couple of times for just chips and they gave them to us. Neither my wife or I can remember exactly what they did on Celebration last year.

those potato chips were good! at the jubilee deli

3 hours ago, Out of Iowa said:

I've been disappointed by Carnival room service deliveries previously because although they stated sandwiches were served with chips, there were no chips.

I have concluded that keeping chips fresh in sea air or onboard a ship must be peculiarly difficult.

In my experience, you are very unlikely to easily find potato chips - unless you bring your own.  Personally, I can go without chips for the duration of a cruise.

I am wondering if it's the amount of room they take up in storage given their weight.  On an Excel ship, if everyone ate the equivalent of 3 or 4 individual-sized bags of chips on a given cruise, that's over 2,000 pounds of potato chips. A pound of potato chips takes up about the same space as 3-4  pounds of potato chips.  And frozen fries don't have to be treated as gently as chips.

Potato chips are also about 3 times the price of frozen french fries on a per-pound basis.

18 hours ago, cacruisin said:

I feel like years ago the room service sandwiches came with chips but I maybe confusing myself with Royal etc.  

I too feel no chips is a bit of a miss for Carnival, I mean sandwiches come with fries so its not like chips wouldn't be cheaper/easier.....

You are correct they did come with chips.  I have not ordered room service in years, not sure if that is still the case.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 12:09 PM, Out of Iowa said:

When I used to order room service, it was about a 50/50 chance whether you got the side you ordered or whatever they felt like/hadn't run out of.

On 3/1/2024 at 8:55 AM, zigzaggery said:

My husband is a big salty snacker, with potato chips being his favourite.

I'm the same.  I bring ziplock baggies and grab some potato stix from Guy's condiment bar, if they still have them.

2 hours ago, cruisin*tigger said:

I'm the same.  I bring ziplock baggies and grab some potato stix from Guy's condiment bar, if they still have them.

And this is the reason they have reduced the number of items on the Guy's condiment bar - they are supposed to be for topping a burger, but people are taking large quantities and eating them separately.

• Like 1