Is Six still playing?

Is this still showing on Norwegian or is it finished. I ask as its coming to the Queen E in Vancouver next year but if its on a Norwegian ship i could take a cruise and see it instead!

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

Is this still showing on Norwegian or is it finished. I ask as its coming to the Queen E in Vancouver next year but if its on a Norwegian ship i could take a cruise and see it instead!

Six has now (sadly) wrapped up on both the Norwegian Bliss and the Norwegian Breakaway. I was on the Bliss in mid-February and we had the second-to-last week of performances.

See you at the Queen Elizabeth! Renewed my season subscription this morning.

it's a 70-minute history lesson of tudor kings and queens as if it were told by the spice girls. nominated for six tony awards and won two: best score and best costume design.

it's very good.

• Like 1

forget about good, it was amazing, you have to give the girls extra kudo"s non-stop singing/dancing throughout the show with nary a breather. we saw  it again locally, (los angeles pantages theater), i got 2 tickets for my grandson and his girlfriend. he's 24 but we have taken him to the theater since he was little, and his girlfriend apparently was not a theater  person. upon return the next day, she loved it.  there is hope for her still.

BTW, i would gladly see it again

• Like 3

18 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Is it a good show?

It's a fabulous show.  My wife and I fell in love with it on the Breakaway several years ago, and went back the next night to see it again.  We've seen it twice more since then on land, including in London, which was very special.  We'd gladly see it again, and plan to. 

If you don't leave the show smiling, happy, and maybe even dancing your way out of the theatre, well, I can't help you.  🙂 

(And btw, we are Medicare age.)

21 hours ago, Jordan61 said:

I think it ended in January.

19 hours ago, FBegg said:

No SIX last week on the Bliss.

I believe the last show was on the cruise ending Feb. 24, on the Bliss.

11 hours ago, complawyer said:

forget about good, it was amazing, you have to give the girls extra kudo"s non-stop singing/dancing throughout the show with nary a breather

I agree - I'm baffled that SIX didn't get the attendance that Jersey Boys did, SIX is arguably the better (though less-known) show or at least on par.  Even more amazing is that the 'swing' girls can do THREE PARTS!  I was talking with one, she was an American and had to do three parts with different accents!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hallux said:

I'm baffled that SIX didn't get the attendance that Jersey Boys did, SIX is arguably the better (though less-known) show or at least on par.  Even more amazing is that the 'swing' girls can do THREE PARTS!  I was talking with one, she was an American and had to do three parts with different accents!!

Yes, non-leading actors in musicals often have be able to perform several roles (or “tracks” as they say in the industry).  Very interesting about the accents. On land in the U.S. and Canada, the Queens speak and sing in North American accents (which I find jarring for this show, though it’s still great).  That was not the case several years ago on the Breakaway; the Queens had various U.K. accents. (And back then, I think the actors were not Americans.)

When we saw SIX in London, of course the accents were U.K.  As much fun as this show is, it was even more fun in London. (And SO much less expensive than theatre in the U.S.)

19 hours ago, hallux said:

I believe the last show was on the cruise ending Feb. 24, on the Bliss.

I agree - I'm baffled that SIX didn't get the attendance that Jersey Boys did, SIX is arguably the better (though less-known) show or at least on par.  Even more amazing is that the 'swing' girls can do THREE PARTS!  I was talking with one, she was an American and had to do three parts with different accents!!

As you know, I saw it the week before you did.

I liked it, but not a lot. Some of the music is great; performers were talented. As a whole, it didn't jell for me.

My DW did not like it.

We saw quite a few passengers walk out during the performance.

A matter of taste.

• Haha 1

We saw Six two times on the Breakaway.  The first time was in 2019 and it was amazing.  We really enjoyed it and couldn't wait to see it again at the end of 2023.  The second time was nowhere near as good as the first time.  The orchestra was too loud and most of the Queens had very screechy voices.  A lot of people walked out of the theater.  That said, we'd still rather see a musical than a game show.

• Thanks 1