Sun Princess Staterooms & Categories

17 hours ago, Mast5 said:

Believe me, I understand I’ve been scouring the Internet for months… I’ve also inquired with Princess directly, obviously so far I’ve come up with nothing. 🤞

Please send pics from 14102 when you board… these 4 pics leave many questions unanswered. where is the bathroom, is there only one TV, etc

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0573.jpeg

IMG_0574.jpeg

3 hours ago, philbob84 said:

are the rooms really that grey?

I’m guessing they’re a bit dark because the balconies are deep under the bridge and have steel railings instead of glass, limiting the amount of sunlight. 

1 hour ago, Mast5 said:

Please send pics from 14102 when you board… these 4 pics leave many questions unanswered. where is the bathroom, is there only one TV, etc

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0572.jpeg

IMG_0573.jpeg

IMG_0574.jpeg

Looking at the deck plans, 14102 will be the exact reverse of 14101 pictured above. The bathroom is always the smaller door, which in this case would be to the left of the bed if you’re facing it. The wider door next to the closer would be the one next to the closet.

It looks like the second pair, 14103 and 14104, are the more desirable cabins as the rooms are a lot brighter with more sun, and less cut up into weird angles, being more square and offering more usable space. 

17 hours ago, vjmatty said:

The wider door next to the closer would be the one next to the closet.

🤦🏻‍♀️ Sorry, this should read the wider door next to the closet should be the one that goes out of the cabin. 

On 6/23/2024 at 8:12 AM, Grego said:

I agree that most, if not all of us, are booking balcony locations so we can have a clear view of the ocean or the ports we are visiting.  The mini-suite cabana balconies on deck 9 have blue glass above the rail making the balcony closed in and turning it into a terrarium.

Except, I think, the mini suites on the Cabana Deck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 3:46 PM, Kelly Ha said:

Would like to hear what people say about the D0 category since this is one of Princess new categories for this ship.  I'll be on this ship next year and would like to know if this category gives you the signature benefits.

I share that curiousity

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 2:53 PM, pompeii said:

image.png.ea52feec94bfc7a7bfd9da60b9444883.png

Wondering if anyone has updated on the forward deluxe balconies on deck 10,11,12 regarding cabin size or balcony situation?  I can see tours and photos of pretty much every other cabin type but have not seen any first hand info regarding these forward cabins; they look significantly larger than other non-suite cabins.  Thanks!

On 7/21/2024 at 8:29 AM, juksing said:

Wondering if anyone has updated on the forward deluxe balconies on deck 10,11,12 regarding cabin size or balcony situation?  I can see tours and photos of pretty much every other cabin type but have not seen any first hand info regarding these forward cabins; they look significantly larger than other non-suite cabins.  Thanks!

Sincere, thanks for pointing that out. I’ve never noticed how deep those circled cabins apparently are, now you have peaked my curiosity as well. 

On 7/21/2024 at 11:29 AM, juksing said:

The only thing anyone seems to know about that entire forward area is those cabins have steel rather than glass balconies and aren’t very popular as a result. Which is probably why there isn’t much information about them. 

A few photos of 17604. Currently classed as Premium Deluxe Balcony, and from October 2024 becoming one of the the few Sanctuary Balcony rooms. Room interior is standard Deluxe Balcony [very comfortable, plenty of storage, lots of USBs and power outlets, and the awful shower curtain replace with glass] with the 'selling feature' being the large balcony, good views, and private sun lounger as well as normal balcony chairs + small table. Balcony is actually slightly larger than it looks in photo. Would happily stay in one of these rooms again.

PXL_20240713_105150578.jpg

PXL_20240713_105836407.jpg

PXL_20240713_105733911.jpg

PXL_20240713_105728632.jpg

PXL_20240713_105722338.jpg

PXL_20240713_105132580.jpg

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Leo37 said:

A few photos of 17604. Currently classed as Premium Deluxe Balcony, and from October 2024 becoming one of the the few Sanctuary Balcony rooms. Room interior is standard Deluxe Balcony [very comfortable, plenty of storage, lots of USBs and power outlets, and the awful shower curtain replace with glass] with the 'selling feature' being the large balcony, good views, and private sun lounger as well as normal balcony chairs + small table. Balcony is actually slightly larger than it looks in photo. Would happily stay in one of these rooms again.

PXL_20240713_105150578.jpg

PXL_20240713_105836407.jpg

PXL_20240713_105733911.jpg

PXL_20240713_105728632.jpg

PXL_20240713_105722338.jpg

PXL_20240713_105132580.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I am on the other side and my cabin says bed by entrance. Looks amazing.

Edited by dog

On 7/25/2024 at 5:59 AM, dog said:

Thanks for sharing. I am on the other side and my cabin says bed by entrance. Looks amazing.

We chose a cabin that had the bed by the door/bathroom and the couch by the balcony for those days that we might want to be close to the open air but with the comfort of the sofa.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Mast5 said:

Courtesy of Niall Ó Cárthaigh on Facebook

image.thumb.jpeg.18e2778efc0965b571724804f754f21e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6b0ca560c6e0bd5c622f8202d06110bf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ca90837081c45c2be76878b37ef1c9d0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ad1e9f24b0ed1991ea5de20f3b39b433.jpeg

The missing piece is what does one see while sitting on the couch? More balcony photos would be nice.  

On 3/5/2024 at 2:31 PM, Familycruzer11 said:

I agree I prefer bed by door.  On Sun, I think (?) this is the first time that the mini-suites have the alternating configurations.  We are already booked for Jan 2025 on a B2B with a bed closer to the balcony on Sun in an S9 (too late to change it, believe it or not) , so wondering what that experience is like.  I am likely to make a middle of the night run to the restroom and don't want to bump into furniture or an obstacle course.  I know about the nighttime lights- we will cover them so as not to wake the other up  - so this will be in the dark.  If anyone on the Sun is in this type of room, appreciate hearing about your experience.

A Gear Fit watch that pairs with Android phone is real handy in the dark.  It lights up and makes it easy to navigate in the cabin and not have the automatic lights come on and wake me up.  We travel with "painter's tape" so we can put a piece over the sensor for the lights.  We were on a ship last year and if my husband got up in the middle of the night the light came on and immediately woke me.  I am a light sleeper and it was annoying.  Just an idea for you.  Apple watch probably does the same thing with lighting up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2024 at 7:17 PM, abouna said:

July 27 to August 10

I’m dying of curiosity… what can you share about your wonderful cabin on the sun princess?

words, pics, anything?

30 minutes ago, Mast5 said:

I’m dying of curiosity… what can you share about your wonderful cabin on the sun princess?

words, pics, anything?

It was one of the smaller suites but the balcony was great and, being one cabin off the back you could lean over and see the wake. Didn't use the bathtub, but the larger shower was great as well as having the toilet able to lock off from the rest of the bathroom as we were four in the cabin. The toilet area also had its own small sink. You could close off the main bed from the couch area for privacy if you were more than two in the room and each side of the "wall" that separates the two areas each has its own large TV. We were right across from the lounge and the next to the rear elevator making it very private from the rest of the ship.

• Like 1