Sun Princess Staterooms & Categories

I havent been able to find the answer to this, so if anyone knows....

In the deck 9 reserve cabanas, does anyone know if you can lock the sliders from the outside and then unlock and access through the deck?  

1 hour ago, FLAlaska said:

I havent been able to find the answer to this, so if anyone knows....

In the deck 9 reserve cabanas, does anyone know if you can lock the sliders from the outside and then unlock and access through the deck?  

Unfortunately from what I’ve read the sliders can’t be locked from the outside, and neither can the balcony half doors opening out onto the cabana deck. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Unfortunately from what I’ve read the sliders can’t be locked from the outside, and neither can the balcony half doors opening out onto the cabana deck. 

Not a deal breaker but certainlly disappointing

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2024 at 10:25 AM, WonderMan3 said:

Views from Premium Deluxe Balcony 15320. Photos from Colleen D.

IMG_7308.jpeg

IMG_7307.jpeg

Hi WonderMan3,

Did you find the balcony to be very windy during the day when sailing?

Edited by BRANDEE
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, phow1963 said:

Hello All, I ran across this S9 Signature Suite tour on YouTube if anyone's interested. 

Mail, S9 doesn’t have 2 lounge chairs?

What size compared to a premium deluxe balcony?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, phow1963 said:

Hello All, I ran across this S9 Signature Suite tour on YouTube if anyone's interested. 

Thank you!  We are booked in an S9 for a January 2025 cruise. 

That was unimpressive to me.  As a frequent mini-suite cruiser I think the bathroom is lovely but the stateroom itself seems noticeably narrower.  I will miss the traditional closet set up because it seems this new layout results in less storage space and less table top space.  The chairs on the balcony are absurd.  I can see maybe not being able to fit loungers but to have chairs with a short back that don't recline at all is not the answer.  They are literal pain to sit in upright and not meant for spending any resting time on the balcony.

We are waiting to hear more first hand accounts of how the Signature Sun Deck/Sanctuary and the Restaurant are functioning after a few months before we make our keep/downgrade decision or, possibly given reviews of the other new areas on the ship, our go/no go decision (we've been to all the ports so we are only sailing for the ship experience).

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, northbeachgirl said:

This is an ocean view, 5318 pretty cabin, but you are going to hear engine noise while underway and also when you get to port and they open the door for debarking . If you are sensitive to noise you should consider getting a cabin on a higher deck. The sideways inside cabins looked spacious from what I could see as I walked past on deck 17. 

IMG_5499.jpeg

Thank you! That looks pretty roomy but I am not sure if the noise would bother me. And I believe that level is the only one with these window staterooms.

On 3/25/2024 at 8:23 PM, fatcattravel said:

Does anyone have pics of Penthouse Suites? Is thermal spa included with this suite? 

Customer service says it is and unlimited. But I'm curious as well from someone who has sailed in a Penthouse Suite.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Nikkibird said:

Customer service says it is and unlimited. But I'm curious as well from someone who has sailed in a Penthouse Suite.

They aren't exactly correct. The Royal Class Ships and the Sun have the Enclave, that is not included.  I have heard it can be but as a rule, its not.

The Grand ships do include the thermal spa with suites, but they do not have the Enclave

Edited by FLAlaska
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

They aren't exactly correct. The Royal Class Ships and the Sun have the Enclave, that is not included.  I have heard it can be but as a rule, its not.

The Grand ships do include the thermal spa with suites, but they do 

So what do they mean when they list The Thermal Suite as a feature of the Penthouse Suite?

Edited by Nikkibird

9 minutes ago, Nikkibird said:

So what do they mean when they list The Thermal Suite as a feature of the Penthouse Suite?

Princess’ website doesn’t list that as an amenity on the Sun Princess.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nikkibird said:

Here is the list of Sun Princess Signature Suite amenities found on-line. Where did you find a list including the Thermal Suite?

image.thumb.png.4e71b7a32f13a199564aed03e23503d0.png

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Here is the list of Sun Princess Signature Suite amenities found on-line. Where did you find a list including the Thermal Suite?

When we booked it direct with Princess. Disappointed now! We were also told we have a private section of the Sanctuary and can use the full facilities there (pool and hot tub). Is this not true either?

10 minutes ago, Nikkibird said:

When we booked it direct with Princess. Disappointed now! We were also told we have a private section of the Sanctuary and can use the full facilities there (pool and hot tub). Is this not true either?

The Signature Sun Deck is contiguous to the Sanctuary and the pool and hot tub.  According to posts here on CC, those in Signature Suites will have access to both locations. Look at the deck plans for deck 18 online. In my estimation the space kooks awfully small.  It will be interesting to see how it all works out when the Sun begins her warm weather Caribbean itineraries.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, phow1963 said:

Thank you. Had been looking for a video of S9s. Essentially, as others have reported, it's a mini-suite except you get Signature Suite amenities and areas. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 11:45 PM, geejay said:

Following this. We have 16621 booked for 14 days on 11/16.

Someone posted this video for me of 16620. Go to 8:45 of video

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 4:56 PM, capriccio said:

Here is the Penthouse Suite "included" list now. It definitely shows the Thermo Suite included!!

Screenshot_20240413_113948_Chrome.jpg

On 4/11/2024 at 4:31 PM, FLAlaska said:

The Grand ships do include the thermal spa with suites, but they do not have the Enclave

10 minutes ago, Nikkibird said:

Here is the Penthouse Suite "included" list now. It definitely shows the Thermo Suite included!!

If you look carefully, there’s a little 2 next the thermal suite and it points to the following line in the legal notes: ‘2Only available on Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Ruby, Diamond, Sapphire, Coral & Island’

Unless they have an error in there and forgot to add Sun Princess to the list.

3 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

You need to read the footnote and understand the difference between Thermal Suite and Enclave

I guess I am confused when the Sun Princess diagram show Lotus Spa on the 5th level not Enclave. And when we booked, the booking agent put us on hold while she went to check that in deed it was included in our room booking.

I remember that on one of the these threads about the Sun Princess, somebody had posted a picture, from inside the Atrium, where you could see the balcony of that first cabin on deck 9, right there, with little privacy.  So I thought I would forward this.

Here, somebody has posted a video of 9358, which on the starboard side is 9361.

This shows what it is like being on that balcony, right next to the Atrium.

I also notice that the door out to the balcony seems to be a single swing-out door, and not a slider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksNsN2dOYWg