Cost of drinks

pedirn

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Celebrity's Margaritas are from a mix. They're ok but not great. I use the Bacardi frozen margarita mix and they are excellent. Same for the strawberry flavour.

The ones from the Westin were freshly squeezed lime.  I am not a fan of mixes.  Start with fresh lime and go up from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

It's more than that but to your point it guarantees that all homes are well maintained and you aren't living next to or across the street from a dump. 

Add gyms, pools, theater shows,  concerts on the lawn, and hundreds of activities for ours.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Celebrity's Margaritas are from a mix.

When you say mix are you talking about the lime juice or what?  I have watched the bartender at the Sunset bar and the Retreat Lounge make them and the only thing that did not come from an original bottle was the lime juice.  

Possibly the frozen margarita's are from some sort of mix with just the tequila added but I always have mine on the rocks. 

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

HOA is a Home Owners Association.  It's a fee we pay to run and maintain our clubhouse, Bar/Restaurant, sports and fitness facilities, arts and culture facilities as well as home security and landscaping.

Our HOA does not have a clubhouse of any facilities of that nature.  At times I wish it did but our monthly HOA fees go to the upkeep of the common grounds, trash / recycling disposal, and a kids /dog park that is sometimes used for outdoor community events (movies, bbq's, etc.)  

The lack of a clubhouse, restaurant, bar, etc. means lower HOA fees and I am all for that 🙂

HOA is a Home Owners Association.  It's a fee we pay to run and maintain our clubhouse, Bar/Restaurant, sports and fitness facilities, arts and culture facilities as well as home security and landscaping.

Nothing i would want, or use 

It's more than that but to your point it guarantees that all homes are well maintained and you aren't living next to or across the street from a dump. 

not a problem around here 

3 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

The ones from the Westin were freshly squeezed lime.  I am not a fan of mixes.  Start with fresh lime and go up from there.

Fresh is always best but the Bacardi mixers are very good. Just add alcohol and ice 

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Nothing i would want, or use 

not a problem around here 

Hmmm.  Canada must be different.

For my last neighborhood they had built a mini mansion that was about a 1.5 mil property that was right across from a house that had 10 cars in the driveway.  Sporadic upkeep of the yards.

For the current city that I live in it is obvious which neighborhoods are HOA and which are not.  The non-HOA neighborhoods tend to turn the houses into multi-family properties with many cars parked in the yard and street.

For us, the HOA protects the property values and elevates them.

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Our HOA does not have a clubhouse of any facilities of that nature.  At times I wish it did but our monthly HOA fees go to the upkeep of the common grounds, trash / recycling disposal, and a kids /dog park that is sometimes used for outdoor community events (movies, bbq's, etc.)  

The lack of a clubhouse, restaurant, bar, etc. means lower HOA fees and I am all for that 🙂

If in a large community the clubhouse,  restaurant, etc. does not add that much cost to the quarterly fees.  What it does do is give you a common meeting place to meet neighbors with common interests.  Our HOA is mostly an older group,  but they are more active than most 20 year olds 🙂  

We do have fancy HOAs that are 3x what I am paying with outdoor misters,  big screen outdoor TVs.  Not my thing either.

40 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Does Celebrity do the big cubes?  Either spheres or cubes?

Those with World Class Bar make the big spherical ice using the Macallan gadget while you watch.  Apparently Summit has one, too - or did have, anyway.

• Thanks 1