Luggage tags

Is Celebrity adding the luggage tags availability to the Documents section to be able to print them out thirty days before sailing? Thanks in advance to those who reply.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Is Celebrity adding the luggage tags availability to the Documents section to be able to print them out thirty days before sailing? Thanks in advance to those who reply.

A custom luggage tag is in the Guest Ticket Booklet (e-docs) for you to make copies of.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

If you booked through a travel agent Celebrity have said that the travel agent will send you the documents now.  This just happened to me for my trip next week.  Finally got the documents added to my planner so that I could print off the tags

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mahdnc said:

A custom luggage tag is in the Guest Ticket Booklet (e-docs) for you to make copies of.

I can't seem to print my Guest Booklet/Tags for my April cruise.....it is "greyed out" where it says to print these documents.  Would you or anyone else on this thread happen to know if that is because I have not finished my on-line check-in yet?  (sorry, can't remember from last time I cruised lol).

22 minutes ago, Reel Love said:

I can't seem to print my Guest Booklet/Tags for my April cruise.....it is "greyed out" where it says to print these documents.  Would you or anyone else on this thread happen to know if that is because I have not finished my on-line check-in yet?  (sorry, can't remember from last time I cruised lol).

That could be.  Also your online docs aren't ready until 30 days before sailing.

25 minutes ago, Reel Love said:

Not related to checking in.  Did you book air, transfers, or pre cruise hotel with Celebrity, that can delay the E docs.  We have had cruises where the edocs are not ready to 2 weeks pre cruise. 

In the old days, our TA mailed us the luggage tags with glued backing. Easy to attach the day of sailing. Now we print them out at home, no glued backing, making attachment to the luggage a challenge. We get the job done by asking a nice person at the hotel front desk for the use of a stapler. Short of lugging along a stapler from home, it's pretty much the only way we've found to attach the tags after an overnight stay in the port city. Alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, indy406 said:

In the old days, our TA mailed us the luggage tags with glued backing. Easy to attach the day of sailing. Now we print them out at home, no glued backing, making attachment to the luggage a challenge. We get the job done by asking a nice person at the hotel front desk for the use of a stapler. Short of lugging along a stapler from home, it's pretty much the only way we've found to attach the tags after an overnight stay in the port city. Alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

A stapler free solution is to purchase clear holders to slide your printed luggage tags into.  And then affix the holder to your luggage on embarkation day.  Here are a bunch of different offering through Amazon: link.  The cruise luggage tag holders are all re-usable.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

You could purchase clear holders to slide the luggage tags into.  And then affix the holder to your luggage on embarkation day.  Here are a bunch of different offering through Amazon: link

I joined the luggage tag club about a year ago, well worth the $5 I spent for them.  Despite using a tape gun before, about a 25% chance the tag would still rip off leading us to find where the taggless luggage usually by guest services

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

We ask the porter at the terminal to create them

Absolutely.  The porters have tags with string to attach to the handle.

I ALSO write our cabin number and ship on a piece of masking tape and stick it on each bag before leaving home.

Last, if we have a hotel before a cruise another piece of tape with the Hotel name and number

Printing out the tags, purchasing holders IMO is a bit crazy.

Twice bags were mislaid.  Once arrived at the hotel and the other time showed up at the ship.  Knew where it was with Apple Tags.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, indy406 said:

We started using these from Amazon several years ago:

luggage tags.jpg

Just slip your tags inside these plastic sleeves before you get to the pier.  Easy peasy.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

A stapler free solution is to purchase clear holders to slide your printed luggage tags into.  And then affix the holder to your luggage on embarkation day.  Here are a bunch of different offering through Amazon: link.  The cruise luggage tag holders are all re-usable.

THANK YOU !!! that's a wonderful idea !

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 1:24 PM, DJLDRUMS said:

Yes last page.   About that same date on the Website there will also be an option to pull up your luggage tag and print directly instead of going through documents.   It is in the same area as CheckIn link. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, mahdnc said:

That could be.  Also your online docs aren't ready until 30 days before sailing.

Thank you!  I think we are about 33 days out from sailing, so that could certainly be the reason!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jelayne said:

Not related to checking in.  Did you book air, transfers, or pre cruise hotel with Celebrity, that can delay the E docs.  We have had cruises where the edocs are not ready to 2 weeks pre cruise. 

Thank you jelayne.  Did not book anything else with Celebrity such as air or transfers.  Good to hear that it is not that unusual this far out (about 33 days) that it is not available.  I do not sail nearly as often as many folks on this board so always appreciate the experience of folks such as yourself and mahdnc  🙂

Back to the other subject, are all the bags delivered to the staterooms before the early dining time? My question is, what if you don't have your luggage delivered yet and you're wearing shorts and a tee from travelling, and the dress code is pants and a shirt. So are you denied entry into the MDR on the first night?........ Anyone?

Just now, DJLDRUMS said:

Back to the other subject, are all the bags delivered to the staterooms before the early dining time? My question is, what if you don't have your luggage delivered yet and you're wearing shorts and a tee from travelling, and the dress code is pants and a shirt. So are you denied entry into the MDR on the first night?........ Anyone?

First day, for the exact reason you reference, no problem in the dining rooms, including Luminae

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

We've always gotten our luggage before dinner time; however extra leeway is given for the first night because lost bags can happen.  Another reason the first night is not Evening Chic.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

We ask the porter at the terminal to create them

Yes you can, but i've meet families on board the Solstice in Alaska, who had the porters tag their luggage and the luggage never showed up...none. We are talking a family of 5! Seems their luggage was loaded onto a different ship!

The reusable ones with the stainless cable are the best option IMO

Cheers

• Like 1

11 hours ago, highway180 said:

Yes you can, but i've meet families on board the Solstice in Alaska, who had the porters tag their luggage and the luggage never showed up...none. We are talking a family of 5! Seems their luggage was loaded onto a different ship!

The reusable ones with the stainless cable are the best option IMO

Cheers

Really simple solution.

Before leaving home tear off a piece of masking tape.  Stick it near the handle of your suitcase.  Write the ship name and cabin number on the tape.

Can assist getting the to the ship or from the pier to your cabin.

On 3/6/2024 at 10:57 AM, indy406 said:

Now we print them out at home, no glued backing, making attachment to the luggage a challenge. We get the job done by asking a nice person at the hotel front desk for the use of a stapler. Short of lugging along a stapler from home, it's pretty much the only way we've found to attach the tags after an overnight stay in the port city. Alternative suggestions would be appreciated.

As an alternative, we print at home, put a piece of packaging tape down the length for a little extra strength and then hole punch them and bring along zip ties.  All of our suitcases now have spare zip ties in them all the time.  This way we don't have to worry about finding a stapler.