Current Laundry Bag Pricing

About to go on 30+ day South Pacific cruise and trying to figure out if the Unlimited Laundry Package is worth it. Can anyone tell me what they are currently charging per bag of laundry? 

TIA

3 hours ago, deepsaturn said:

About to go on 30+ day South Pacific cruise and trying to figure out if the Unlimited Laundry Package is worth it. Can anyone tell me what they are currently charging per bag of laundry? 

The by-the-bag price varies by the region, so I have asked on the LIVE thread currently in the So.Pacific, what their laundry slip says. 

The advantage of the unlimited plan is not necessarily financial (unless you are paying to check bags), but practical in that you need to pack less. If you can stand having fewer choices of outfits to wear. The by-the-bag option has always won out economically for us, if you already pack carryon only. BUT you will have to wear most of your clothes to fill the bag before turning it in.

Just my experience.

In late January we got off a 21-day Caribbean on HAL.  We had the unlimited package and thought that it was well worth it.  We never had to worry about the cost, how many items may/may not fit in a bag, or how many times we sent out laundry.  Our next cruise is a 43-day and we plan on purchasing the unlimited package for that one too.

14 hours ago, deepsaturn said:

TIA

Recently returned, February 18, 2024, from an 18 day Hawaii cruise and laundry per bag was $25, fast service and worth every penny!  We were on Koningsdam and the bags were very roomy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, deepsaturn said:

I asked on the LIVE 35-day SoPac thread, and it was confirmed at $25. Unlimited I think divided out to $7.50/day, for every day (that has a night) of your cruise, no matter when you turn in the first bag. I can't get into my 2025 SoPac booking (not even in incognito window) right now to confirm.

Also someone popped in to show that by-the-bag in Europe is $35. The unlimited for a 11-day cruise was $10.50/day. Historically the higher price is for the full cruise, even if the cruise only starts or ends in Europe. 

I add that not for you, OP, but anyone opening this thread cruising to or from or in Europe!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 3

Thank you everyone for your responses. I took the plunge and ponied up for the Unlimited. It does work out to $7.50/day (which is like One Million Canadian Dollars!). This way DW does not have to jam the bag full each week.

Happy cruising everyone! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, deepsaturn said:

I took the plunge and ponied up for the Unlimited. It does work out to $7.50/day (which is like One Million Canadian Dollars!). This way DW does not have to jam the bag full each week.

If you are like we are, you can ask your cabin stewards for a second bag, and split your warm+warm clothes from more delicate (even air-dry, which takes an extra day to be returned). If there are only occasion items that need special treatment, they can be circled on the same tag. Either way right in the care you desire!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deepsaturn said:

I took the plunge and ponied up for the Unlimited.

Good choice, especially on an itinerary such as this. 

You will come in from a day ashore with your clothes much less than fresh, especially as compared to a cool weather cruise, such as Alaska. You can shower and change for dinner, and leave a bag of clothes to be washed; the stewards will take the bag when they do evening servicing of the cabin. 
You won't put any pressure on yourself to fill the bag---just send it with hardly anything in it! 

I have found that the less I put in the bag, the faster it tends to come back! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I asked on the LIVE 35-day SoPac thread, and it was confirmed at $25. Unlimited I think divided out to $7.50/day, for every day (that has a night) of your cruise, no matter when you turn in the first bag. I can't get into my 2025 SoPac booking (not even in incognito window) right now to confirm.

Also someone popped in to show that by-the-bag in Europe is $35. The unlimited for a 11-day cruise was $10.50/day. Historically the higher price is for the full cruise, even if the cruise only starts or ends in Europe. 

I add that not for you, OP, but anyone opening this thread cruising to or from or in Europe!

I am on a European cruise and then a transatlantic in Oct and i can pre purchase unlimited laundry for 10.50 a day. I think I'll just pay by the bag. 

I really don't understand the difference in price. 

1 hour ago, electro said:

I really don't understand the difference in price. 

I have always wondered myself why laundry on European cruises has the $10 per bag or 40% higher cost than other regions.  Does anyone know why the high upcharge for that region?

~Nancy

2 hours ago, oakridger said:

I have always wondered myself why laundry on European cruises has the $10 per bag or 40% higher cost than other regions.  Does anyone know why the high upcharge for that region?

~Nancy

C'est la vie.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, oakridger said:

~Nancy

I don't know the answer to that, but I'm guessing European countries may have an environmental fee (??). We did a Med cruise and TA this past fall -- all I can say is that it was higher and that I will very gladly pay it. I don't go on vacation to waste time doing my own laundry. And, best of all, HAL's laundry service is absolutely tops!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

What kind of fabrics can you send?  Do you have to separate cotton (underwear, etc.) from clothes with polyester?  Can you request cold wash and air dry.?  Do you have to request pressing for cotton shirts/dresses that may nee a touch up?  Thanks

1 hour ago, SeniorFun2024 said:

What kind of fabrics can you send?  Do you have to separate cotton (underwear, etc.) from clothes with polyester?  Can you request cold wash and air dry.?  Do you have to request pressing for cotton shirts/dresses that may nee a touch up?  Thanks

No need to request pressing if you are having those items laundered. There is a "pressing only" service available at a per item cost if you don't need them washed and only want a touch up.

No need to separate fabric types, but you can make a note of special instructions for specific items or have a "cold washair dry bag" plus another "regular bag" - just ask cabin steward for an extra bag. We have noted "hang dry black white shirt" on the laundry slip and then put all the clothes in 1 bag and always comes back fine.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

No need to request pressing if you are having those items laundered. There is a "pressing only" service available at a per item cost if you don't need them washed and only want a touch up.

No need to separate fabric types, but you can make a note of special instructions for specific items or have a "cold washair dry bag" plus another "regular bag" - just ask cabin steward for an extra bag. We have noted "hang dry black white shirt" on the laundry slip and then put all the clothes in 1 bag and always comes back fine.

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

I'm sure how to reply (can you tell we're "Newbies" to the forum) but hope you get this.  Thanks you, I had more questions about laundry service than anything else!  We're are planning our first World Cruise next year, didn't want to spend 4 months washing things in the sink!!  Thankyyou for your reply!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SeniorFun2024 said:

I'm sure how to reply (can you tell we're "Newbies" to the forum) but hope you get this.  Thanks you, I had more questions about laundry service than anything else!  We're are planning our first World Cruise next year, didn't want to spend 4 months washing things in the sink!!  Thankyyou for your reply!!

IMO, HAL laundry is the best available - if I could figure out how to stow that team in my suitcase so they could do my home laundry, I'd do it!!

We gladly paid for unlimited laundry until we earned it and never once regretted spending the money.

Remember, in addition to saving luggage space and getting more free time (by not sink washing), your time unpacking once home is easier - just take clothes from suitcase to dresser since you can send a final bag(s) out 2 days before end of cruise.

Oh, I also send souvenir t-shirts I pick up so I can wear them while still on the ship (I don't wear anything until it's been washed).

I love unlimited laundry!!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

IMO, HAL laundry is the best available - if I could figure out how to stow that team in my suitcase so they could do my home laundry, I'd do it!!

I completely agree!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1