Live From Celebrity Constellation 3/11-3/23

Posted (edited)

Salad was just a salad. It was good but as I've said, hard to get too excited about a salad. I think I prefer my Cobb salad I buy at home better. 

I'm trying something very different for dinner. I hope I like it.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 2

The Chiquita chicken was different. I didn't dislike it but it was an odd combination of flavors. Worth trying once. Tje only negative for me was tje chicken was a little dries out.

The pasta was very good. Very nice creamy flavor and the pasta was not over cooked tonight. The pieces of chorizo in it had a nice flavor.

Dessert menu.

Screenshot_20240322-185037_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.8ee8f7f05134c091a2439b738d2e8f65.jpgScreenshot_20240322-185053_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.c4d207ddf04835c82b1ef5d8b8d9e6d3.jpg

Screenshot_20240322-185100_Celebrity.thumb.jpg.d348354cb03f74815943f60e80e39325.jpg

There is also an off menu special, grand mariner soufflé. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Mike981 said:

My whole family loves to take in storms, especially when we were camping.

We used to take an annual camping trip when our kids were growing up and have very fond memories of drawing our cots together to play cards by lantern light on rainy nights.  Thanks for bringing that up!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Conditions deteriorated again while I was in the gym. My time on the treadmill included upper body strength training as I hung onto the machine for dear life.

The fog horn is blasting again. 

The ship is taking quite a beating and the sounds of creaks and shutters have reached a level as to be a little uneasy.  Sure there is nothing to worry about, but those sounds are still unsettling. 

Their are deck hands trying to push the water into the drains but they are losing the battle as the final corners of the deck are now covered in water. I've moved back into the solarium.

The covered roof in here is not watertight as rain enters inside here as well. One of the panels appears to be blown off, but it may just have been opened on purpose for some reason.

The wifi is hanging in though.

I have to admit I am a little jealous. I am probably in the minority, but I enjoy feeling a ship move and always hope to go through a big storm like you are (preferably in the evening or during a sea day so as not to interrupt a possible shore excursion).  Unfortunately for me the Caribbean is usually calm and, if not, the captains are always too eager to go around the storms if they can.  Where is their sense of adventure?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

We used to take an annual camping trip when our kids were growing up and have very fond memories of drawing our cots together to play cards by lantern light on rainy nights.  Thanks for bringing that up!

I loved camping as a kid in the cub scouts. I don't know how enjoyable I would still find it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

Cobb salad not looking impressive..

My usual fav is the Wedge..if the dressing is good

so no Prime Rib order*

Yea the Cobb salad was a little lacking. 

I don't eat prime rib.🤢 

3 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

I have to admit I am a little jealous. I am probably in the minority, but I enjoy feeling a ship move and always hope to go through a big storm like you are (preferably in the evening or during a sea day so as not to interrupt a possible shore excursion).  Unfortunately for me the Caribbean is usually calm and, if not, the captains are always too eager to go around the storms if they can.  Where is their sense of adventure?

It was fascinating to witness for sure. Seems to have calmed down some now.

• Like 1

Lots of good looking desserts tonight and I had trouble choosing.

I eliminated the toffee pudding when I saw it came with an over ripe banana. 

I went with the soufflé since it was off menu. It was good but slightly undercooked making it a little too mushy especially once you added the sauce.

I asked Roldan for his recommendation between the other two and without hesitation he said the biscuit. It was very good and the best dessert of the bunch. 

I tried a bite of my mom's, give that one a pass. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Yea the Cobb salad was a little lacking. 

I don't eat prime rib.🤢 

I feel the choices in the “greens” department were selected for their hardiness…iceberg and arugula can usually survive a big longer…spinach too but that wasn’t on the menu. 😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I feel the choices in the “greens” department were selected for their hardiness…iceberg and arugula can usually survive a big longer…spinach too but that wasn’t on the menu. 😉

Too bad the bananas weren't hardy enough for 12 days 😆 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Oh yes, the only place mushy old bananas belong is in banana bread.  Certainly not in some of the forms you’ve seen. 

I feared they were in the stuffed chicken dish but those were ok. Or too small to notice. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Oh yes, the only place mushy old bananas belong is in banana bread.  Certainly not in some of the forms you’ve seen. 

Fried in butter they are delicious and go well with grilled pork etc. 

Cooked with a bit of sugar and lemon juice for a fantastic jam.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, broberts said:

Oh, thank you for this. I will definitely give both of these a try.

All packed and readyish to go in the morning. Guest relations told my mom they will carry her scooter off for her in the morning. The debarcation paperwork says otherwise but hopefully they know what they are talking about as that will be impossible for me to manage. 

There is still a bit of rocking and hopefully that will aide in me falling asleep quickly so that I am rested for the long drive home tomorrow. 

Thank for following along. See you all back in Tampa. 

Good night.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, broberts said:

Or baked with orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar and rum or brandy. Serve with clotted cream if available.😀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

A good bananas foster takes the ick out of it too…sounds very similar.

Yes, I think that is. Strange how that name has taken off. I always call it baked bananas.

• Like 1