Marina Refurbishment Question.

Question as to The Bakery/Barista's/Library. As you probably know, the Vista has a very nice are devoted to "The Bakery", Barista's, and a re-imagined library. Assume this will be the same in Allura. Question as to whether this area will be included in the renovated-to-be Marina or included in the already renovated Riviera.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi All,

In the briefing by the GM and captain of the Marina earlier this week, the one on how the ship works, how many eggs are brought on board, etc., plus a Q&A, it was confirmed that the short upcoming dry dock for the Marina would include redecorating of the penthouse suites, including the replacement of the bathtub by a big shower - to which everyone cheered.  The woman who asked the question about the other suites started with...don't tell me that you are doing only accommodation renovation will focus on the penthouse suites...in a not so happy tone.  The answer was that for the time allotted that is all that can be done with contractors working 24x7, and that in the near future the rest of the accommodation will be similarly upgraded.

In case this helps, 

Greg from the WildWanderers.

• Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, CruisingIGo said:

On Marina now.  Definitely LaReserve is being replaced by Aquamarine Kitchen.  Not sure if Bakery is being added…. Will ask and report back.

Thanks. Will look for you additional report.

The Bakery/Barista's/Library area on Vista is a highlight and significant upgrade from that area on the (pre-upgrade) Marina.

Seems to me that there is a difference in bathroom new buildout and cosmetic refurbishment. My perception of what it says is that the footprint of the bathroom won't be changed (tubs were eliminated in a lot of cabins on Riviera and turned into showers -- which are amazing-- and the small shower eliminated to add storage. 

We'll see what it looks like when it is finished. Hopefully people will post photos of what changed (will take a few people to show the different levels of cabins).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DoulaAnn said:

Seems to me that there is a difference in bathroom new buildout and cosmetic refurbishment. My perception of what it says is that the footprint of the bathroom won't be changed (tubs were eliminated in a lot of cabins on Riviera and turned into showers -- which are amazing-- and the small shower eliminated to add storage. 

We'll see what it looks like when it is finished. Hopefully people will post photos of what changed (will take a few people to show the different levels of cabins).

While the new showers on Riviera are really nice, the old ones were perfectly fine too (which I cannot say about R ships). And some people actually like tubs. So personally I don't see this as an issue at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisingIGo said:

Marina’s general manager is Susanna Cahyadi.  She told me today that Marina will NOT get “The Bakery” (like Vista) during the May 2024 dry dock.

Thanks for the info. On Vista, the library/Barista's/Bakery area has been extremely popular--at least on the cruise I was on. Deciding not to include The Bakery in the Marina refurb is a bad decision IMO. 

Any info on whether the Marina refurb will bring a library comparable to Vista?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ohmark said:

Thanks for the info. On Vista, the library/Barista's/Bakery area has been extremely popular--at least on the cruise I was on. Deciding not to include The Bakery in the Marina refurb is a bad decision IMO. 

Any info on whether the Marina refurb will bring a library comparable to Vista?

Doubt if there will be any more libraries like Vista's. The new Allura will take the space utilized by Vista's library and use it for an ice cream/dessert/creperie area. Small area adjacent to the computer classroom will be devoted to library space on Allura.

Edited by edgee

On 4/15/2024 at 10:43 PM, ohmark said:

Thanks. Will look for you additional report.

The Bakery/Barista's/Library area on Vista is a highlight and significant upgrade from that area on the (pre-upgrade) Marina.

Just off Marina this AM and the chief barista told me that the area will not be changed and he was happy about that.He had worked on Vista and while a beautiful ship he did not like the way his work area was laid out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

Just off Marina this AM and the chief barista told me that the area will not be changed and he was happy about that.He had worked on Vista and while a beautiful ship he did not like the way his work area was laid out. 

Thanks for the update.  ☹️

• Thanks 1

Was any of this changed during the Riviera refit?? Not that I’m aware of so would make sense if not that it would not be changed on Marina, especially with the short down time. 

3 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Was any of this changed during the Riviera refit?? Not that I’m aware of so would make sense if not that it would not be changed on Marina, especially with the short down time. 

Assuming the various info provided in this thread is accurate, as a Marina veteran it looks like Vista will be our sweet spot. (No bakery on Marina, reduced library on Allura.)

On 4/19/2024 at 8:48 AM, ohmark said:

Assuming the various info provided in this thread is accurate, as a Marina veteran it looks like Vista will be our sweet spot. (No bakery on Marina, reduced library on Allura.)

Vista is far from a sweet spot for me. TV and conversation noise from adjacent cabins disturbed my sleep for a total of 27 nights on two separate cruises. It is a major design issue I hope they fix on Allura.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, edgee said:

Vista is far from a sweet spot for me. TV and conversation noise from adjacent cabins disturbed my sleep for a total of 27 nights on two separate cruises. It is a major design issue I hope they fix on Allura.

How do you believe the design of Vista, as opposed to the design of Marina and Riviera, would cause excessive noise from adjacent cabins?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ohmark said:

How do you believe the design of Vista, as opposed to the design of Marina and Riviera, would cause excessive noise from adjacent cabins?

As I u derstand it,Vista and Regent's new Regent Grandeur were recently built in the same shipyard...different than Marina and Riviera..different design and 10 plus years later. Both Vista and Grandeur have reports of poor sound proofing between cabins. I have cruised on Riviera and Marina multiple times with no sound issues between cabins. Two long cruises on Vista in two different cabins and experienced the issue in a problematic way. Was told by staff on Vista that the problem is pervasive on that ship..no matter what deck and cabin you are in. Was considering cruising on Regent Grandeur but will change my plans based on reports from that new ship. NCLH has a problem they are supposedly addressing...not sure how they will do it.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, edgee said:

As I u derstand it,Vista and Regent's new Regent Grandeur were recently built in the same shipyard...different than Marina and Riviera..different design and 10 plus years later. Both Vista and Grandeur have reports of poor sound proofing between cabins. I have cruised on Riviera and Marina multiple times with no sound issues between cabins. Two long cruises on Vista in two different cabins and experienced the issue in a problematic way. Was told by staff on Vista that the problem is pervasive on that ship..no matter what deck and cabin you are in. Was considering cruising on Regent Grandeur but will change my plans based on reports from that new ship. NCLH has a problem they are supposedly addressing...not sure how they will do it.

Thanks for the reply.

We sailed on Vista for 15 days September 2023 (in a Deck 7 towards aft PH) and heard no noise from neighbors, just as we heard no neighbor noise on our cruises on Marina and Riviera. We did experience an unusual vibration or engine noise on Vista but assumed this was simply a problem with a new ship which would be worked out. But as to neighboring cabin noise being "pervasive" on Vista, not saying it's not happening, but we didn't experience that problem. Maybe we just had quieter neighbors or maybe not pervasive?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ohmark said:

Another poster (cant find that post or thread) indicated that Vista was built in a modular style, with each cabin built off ship and then "plopped" into place.  For the older ships, cabins were build on site, which made it easier to increase/control the soundproofing between cabins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, taiwan_girl said:

Another poster (cant find that post or thread) indicated that Vista was built in a modular style...

Thanks

Edited by ohmark

Does anyone know what happens when the category of stateroom you booked is recategorised.

We booked a B3 balcony which is now categorised as a an A2 concierge do we get concierge benefits or what came with our original booking,I cannot think if some booked it as a concierge they would offer different benefits to different cabins in the same location?

I have asked Oceania but the answer I got didn’t make sense 

Does anyone know what happens when the category of stateroom you booked is recategorised.

We booked a B3 balcony which is now categorised as a an A2 concierge do we get concierge benefits or what came with our original booking,I cannot think if some booked it as a concierge they would offer different benefits to different cabins in the same location?

If Oceania can't answer how do you expect a bunch of us to know the answer?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lovetravel63-65 said:

I would guess you don’t get ‘concierge’ benefits.  But if, when you get on board, you do then ‘grab it with both hands and say ‘thank you’ !’

2 hours ago, lovetravel63-65 said:

You say simply their response didn’t make sense…..well….what exactly was their response? Not that anyone will know the answer but not really saying what they actually said leaves it wide open. 

Edited by EJL2023
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

I would guess you don’t get ‘concierge’ benefits.  But if, when you get on board, you do then ‘grab it with both hands and say ‘thank you’ !’

I answered this on another thread. I’d say no. They’ve got it figured out. 

6 hours ago, lovetravel63-65 said:

We are in the same situation.  We booked a B3 which is now an A2, on Marina.  We didn't pay for a concierge cabin and won't get the concierge benefits.

• Like 1