Marina Refurbishment Question.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, iowacruiser said:

Reading a number of reviews about the need to refurbish Veranda cabins.

Have the PH cabins been refurbished

Marina is going into dry dock for refurbishment at the end of April. The PH cabins are being completely refurbished with new bathrooms etc. The lower cabins are due to have new ‘soft furnishings’ but the bathrooms will NOT be refurbished.

Edited by Vallesan

1 hour ago, Vallesan said:

Marina is going into dry dock for refurbishment at the end of April. The PH cabins are being completely refurbished with new bathrooms etc. The lower cabins are due to have new ‘soft furnishings’ but the bathrooms will NOT be refurbished.

Thanks..

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 10:34 AM, Vallesan said:

We are booked in a A3 cabin on the Marina next year, it had been my understanding that all of the cabins were getting cabin and bathroom refurbishing with the dry docking in April, has this changed? If this is the case I am not too pleased about this.

13 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We are booked in a A3 cabin on the Marina next year, it had been my understanding that all of the cabins were getting cabin and bathroom refurbishing with the dry docking in April, has this changed? If this is the case I am not too pleased about this.

Nothing below PH is having the new bathrooms. Honestly not sure if anything being done any staterooms below PH.  Some continue to say a soft refurbishment for those staterooms but to me that is not even a given any longer. I suggest you go to their website and check under the blogs section for the Marina. The last release regarding the Marina refurbishment was done on 12/8/23. I would assume this is what should be expected at this point. 

And here is another

21 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Below is a copy of an email I received from my TA directly from Oceania, dated 24/11/2023,  in response to my question about exactly what the refurbishment was going to be.

Rereading the email it looks like none of the bathrooms are going to be refurbished??

This information has been made public in later statements by Oceania.

Further to our call, please find below the details regarding the refurbishment for the Oceania Marina:

• Our second O-class vessel, Marina, will undergo a full and extensive refurbishment in May 2024. 
  • Marina will be the final ship within Oceania Cruises’ award-winning fleet to be refurbished

·         While it will be extensive and all encompassing, it will not be to the same level of her sister ship, Riviera:

• All of the upper suites will receive a full cosmetic refresh, the same as Riviera
  • All of the penthouse suites will be completely redecorated
  • All of the staterooms will have a fabric and upholstery refresh.
  • We will not be building out entirely new bathrooms as it unfortunately cannot be accomplished within the timeframe required. 
  • All public areas will be refreshed to be in-line with Riviera.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have read that she will be in dry dock the same amount of time as Riviera was. That leads one to ponder the reason given, but that doesn’t change what will not be occurring. Personally I think it is a miss on Oceania’s part, as it will be a distinct difference between the two ships. And yes, some will argue that it is not a big deal, but to a good number of people it will be a distinguishing factor. Marina is the only larger O ship in the Mediterranean next year….and while it doesn’t exclude her from our decision on who to sail with, it does factor in. 

20 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

Below is a copy of an email I received from my TA directly from Oceania, dated 24/11/2023,  in response to my question about exactly what the refurbishment was going to be.

Rereading the email it looks like none of the bathrooms are going to be refurbished??

Further to our call, please find below the details regarding the refurbishment for the Oceania Marina:

• Our second O-class vessel, Marina, will undergo a full and extensive refurbishment in May 2024. 
  • Marina will be the final ship within Oceania Cruises’ award-winning fleet to be refurbished

·         While it will be extensive and all encompassing, it will not be to the same level of her sister ship, Riviera:

• All of the upper suites will receive a full cosmetic refresh, the same as Riviera
  • We will not be building out entirely new bathrooms as it unfortunately cannot be accomplished within the timeframe required. 

Kind regards,

Have you viewed the article on their website I noted in post #5?

19 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

Kind regards,

When we booked our 2025 cruise in 2022 we were told that the Marina would be getting the same total refurbishment as Riviera before our cruise next year. I admit it is disappointing, but not enough to deter us from going on the cruise. We booked this cruise for the itinerary, not so much for the ship. I have no doubts we will still love the cruise.

12 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

I just read that blog and it confirms everything being said here about the upcoming refurbishment.

5 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I just read that blog and it confirms everything being said here about the upcoming refurbishment.

Other than the bathroom issue brought up in post #8. That post seemed to be indicating that NO bathrooms would be renovated. The article clearly states the PH bathrooms will be completely redone. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

The article was a few weeks after my email and it does clearly state that PH bathrooms will be refurbished but no mention of ‘all of the staterooms will have a fabric and upholstery refresh’ so who actually knows!!

We are due on the first cruise after refurbishment so it may just be a case of ‘wait and see’ what actually does happen!

Edited by Vallesan

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

The article wax a few weeks after my email and it does clearly state that PH bathrooms will be refurbished but no mention of ‘all of the staterooms will have a fabric and upholstery refresh’ so who actually knows!!

We are due on the first cruise after refurbishment so it may just be a case of ‘wait and see’ what actually does happen!

Agree on the other staterooms being redecorated, etc. I have mentioned this in the other threads on this same subject that this article completely removed any mention  of the staterooms below the PH would receive any kind of updating. I know you will let us know, then we will finally have some closure!!

Edited by EJL2023
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vallesan said:

The article was a few weeks after my email and it does clearly state that PH bathrooms will be refurbished but no mention of ‘all of the staterooms will have a fabric and upholstery refresh’ so who actually knows!!

I think that’s the best advice. Having been on the refurbished Riviera and just last month on the Marina, I can safely say, for us anyway, that though we’d love to have the redone bathrooms, their lack is not a deal breaker by any stretch. We found the Marina to be very well maintained. I think O is doing all they can/as much as they can while still recovering financially from Covid and bringing the new ships on board, so to speak. 🙂

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SophieM said:

I think that’s the best advice. Having been on the refurbished Riviera and just last month on the Marina, I can safely say, for us anyway, that though we’d love to have the redone bathrooms, their lack is not a deal breaker by any stretch. We found the Marina to be very well maintained. I think O is doing all they can/as much as they can while still recovering financially from Covid and bringing the new ships on board, so to speak. 🙂

We sailed PH on the Sirena when she’d just been refurbished and shortly afterwards I spoke with our Oceania  UK agent who wanted to know what we thought of the new design. Apparently there were mixed feelings. We personally liked the new brighter look but apparently not everybody did. Although I do have to say some of the carpet designs were mind boggling!

We sailed on the penultimate Riviera cruise before refurbishment so have not been on a larger ship since refurbishment. As far as I’m concerned it will be what it will be but we will still enjoy whatever!

2 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

We sailed PH on the Sirena when she’d just been refurbished and shortly afterwards I spoke with our Oceania  UK agent who wanted to know what we thought of the new design. Apparently there were mixed feelings. We personally liked the new brighter look but apparently not everybody did. Although I do have to say some of the carpet designs were mind boggling!

We sailed on the penultimate Riviera cruise before refurbishment so have not been on a larger ship since refurbishment. As far as I’m concerned it will be what it will be but we will still enjoy whatever!

We just recently sailed in the PH on Sirena and absolutely loved the design. 

Although Marina's veranda staterooms and bathrooms won't be redone as they were on Riviera (and very nicely done on Riviera), there will be an Aquamar Kitchen on Marina, which Riviera didn't get. Like most restaurants, some like Aquamar Kitchen and some don't, but we thought the food was quite good there, with lots of healthy options for breakfast and lunch (closed at dinner). 

• Like 4

On 3/11/2024 at 11:50 AM, SophieM said:

Oh, I wish I could agree with you about O doing all or as much as they can. They lack so much credibility on so many levels regarding this Marina refurb (and other matters). Initially they marketed future cruises saying that Marina would be refurbished exactly like the Riviera. Then they released communications saying bathrooms below PH were not being redone because there was not enough time. Appears to be a phony reason, given that Marina's drydock time allotted is the same as was allowed for Riviera. Then they have sent mixed messages about how much or how little will be done in terms of soft goods replacement on Marina. The concept of full prompt disclosure to guests seems to be foreign to O's corporate culture in favor of a hide the ball, give out as little info as possible as late as possible and a lie here and there is no big deal, philosophy. Reneging on promise to refund folks booked on infamous Riviera through the Red Sea cruise, telling folks they had to switch olife bookings to SM in order to get 2nd wifi (not true)...just a few examples...

On 3/13/2024 at 11:56 AM, MarkWiltonM said:

Although Marina's veranda staterooms and bathrooms won't be redone as they were on Riviera (and very nicely done on Riviera), there will be an Aquamar Kitchen on Marina, which Riviera didn't get. Like most restaurants, some like Aquamar Kitchen and some don't, but we thought the food was quite good there, with lots of healthy options for breakfast and lunch (closed at dinner). 

Will Aquamar kitchen on Marina replace La Reserve?

The only 'O' size ship we have sailed on is Riviera post refurbishment.

We are booked on Marina in a B category cabin, and are aware of the plan not to refurbish these bathrooms.

On the website schematic it appears there is currently a shower separate from the bathtub.

Is that correct ?

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

The only 'O' size ship we have sailed on is Riviera post refurbishment.

We are booked on Marina in a B category cabin, and are aware of the plan not to refurbish these bathrooms.

On the website schematic it appears there is currently a shower separate from the bathtub.

Is that correct ?

Thanks.

Yes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1