Sun Princess

9 hours ago, vjmatty said:

They’re usually in the beverage centers at the buffet, next to the ice water dispenser. Given the lack of self serve beverages being reported on the Sun they may be few and far between. 

I used to be able to grab ice by the buffet in addition to the other places I mentioned, but as vjmatty says, the reports of the lack of self serve beverages made me hesitate to mention it.  But one can always check!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

Lack of reported beverage station on Sun is somewhat strange. I hope there are places to get regular coffee or hot tea anytime of the day.

It's been reported that coffee & tea are now self service.

• Like 1

Many of you will recall our disappointment at the cancellation of our original inaugural Sun Princess cruise after following the build all that time. And then my job meant we could not fit in our later cruises on her. Well Princess UK PR offered us a spot on their media cruise roster (we are bloggers) and we are now onboard for 6 days!

The ship is a complete maze but we are trying to do our normal cruise activities (sat in Princess Live! waiting for a quiz currently) with some extras thrown in.

I am sure most of the questions have been answered in CanadianBurgers excellent Live From so I will keep this low key - if you have any burning questions please ask. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Glad that you made it onboard!!!  Yay!!!!

Thanks so much for any information and input that you might be able to put out.

Will you be doing any videos?

I realize that your situation, with this 5-day, might be different...  But, if you can find out if any one day passes to the Enclave are available, and the price????

I am not remembering seeing good info on this topic posted yet.

Same question about passes to 'the Sanctuary'.... especially if the weather is warming up while you are onboard.

Edited by Wishing on a star

Posted (edited)

@dides - Are there any/many places to sit in a lounge chair in the shade? We are currently booked in a Suite so that includes in the Sanctuary.

(I think I'm supporting my dermatologist with all of the small skin cancers she's had to remove so this isn't just a preference)

Thanks! And I hope these 6 days will make up a little for the cruise you missed!

Edited by chamima

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, chamima said:

@dides - Are there any/many places to sit in a lounge chair in the shade? We are currently booked in a Suite so that includes in the Sanctuary

Currently in a deserted Sanctuary on a windy overcast sea day. There are no loungers in the shade. In the Suite area, there are some seats and large circular day beds that might offer you some protection.

PXL_20240330_114811325.jpg

PXL_20240330_114738606.jpg

Edited by dides
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Same question about passes to 'the Sanctuary'.... especially if the weather is warming up while you are onboard.

Confirmed the $99 sea day, $79 port day and no half day pricing. Cabanas are $499 for 4 guests with $50 per extra guest but was told no reduction for port days.Suite guests pin ay for Cabanas too. No televisions have been installed yet though!

They are operating the daily Suite guests get first priority on loungers so no booking ahead but you can get your name in a list for a specific day and they will contact you on the day if available 

Edited by dides
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, dides said:

Currently in a deserted Sanctuary on a windy overcast sea day. There are no loungers in the shade. In the Suite area, there are some seats and large circular day beds that might offer you some protection.

PXL_20240330_114811325.jpg

PXL_20240330_114738606.jpg

Thank you SO MUCH for not only checking but also with the photos.

We are currently booked on the TA this Sept. in a suite but with 8 sea days no shade on those loungers has me rethinking.

Is there any chance there might be shade because we're sailing west so the aft of the ship will face east?

(I was really excited about this cruise and would be sad to cancel but even sadder with nowhere to sit)

On 3/29/2024 at 11:32 PM, Wishing on a star said:

But, if you can find out if any one day passes to the Enclave are available, and the price????

I finally managed to pop down and ask for you - day passes are available for the Enclave on port days only for $49 pp

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is there any solution to the cigarette smoke in the hallways that some people have been complaining about?

dides: There is a youtube video showing the Sun last night in Cartagena after dark and then later at what looks like daybreak. Did you not leave port on time?

35 minutes ago, BURNSMN said:

dides: There is a youtube video showing the Sun last night in Cartagena after dark and then later at what looks like daybreak. Did you not leave port on time?

Not sure what time we left exactly but heard the Captain announcing we were leaving and sounding the love boat horns - but we were having a tactical nap and then missed them! We stayed up til 1am chatting in Good Spirits and arrived in Palma on time this morning. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

@dides If you have time would you please check and see what the dress code is at the Deck 8 Diner during lunch and also during dinner. Is it more like the buffet or the MDR? Thank you so much! 

It is more like the buffet - no dress code as such 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2024 at 5:00 PM, dides said:

Many of you will recall our disappointment at the cancellation of our original inaugural Sun Princess cruise after following the build all that time. And then my job meant we could not fit in our later cruises on her. Well Princess UK PR offered us a spot on their media cruise roster (we are bloggers) and we are now onboard for 6 days!

The ship is a complete maze but we are trying to do our normal cruise activities (sat in Princess Live! waiting for a quiz currently) with some extras thrown in.

I am sure most of the questions have been answered in CanadianBurgers excellent Live From so I will keep this low key - if you have any burning questions please ask. 

Excellent news. Have a great time and enjoy the new ship. I hope all the venues are now open for you.

For anyone on the Sun or have been on it:  Are they showing movies in any venue like they do on the Regal where they show movies in the theater in the afternoons?  Thanks for any info.

Judy from SW Florida

11 minutes ago, Jemnibabe02 said:

For anyone on the Sun or have been on it:  Are they showing movies in any venue like they do on the Regal where they show movies in the theater in the afternoons? 

No, only seen movies showing on MUTS during this current cruise. Note that the Arena and Dome are still being used for rehearsals a lot of the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now that we are home (with the cruise cough), it looks as though it's the premiere of the first production show in the Arena tonight:

image.png.9a3335b7be15ac7c746978fd27d9aba4.png

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dides said:

Now that we are home (with the cruise cough), it looks as though it's the premiere of the first production show in the Arena tonight:

image.png.9a3335b7be15ac7c746978fd27d9aba4.png

To bad you just missed out on one of the new shows.

Ohhh no...   If that 'cruise cough' is what we had back in the Winter, it is like RSV or something, and it can be awful..  take a long time to get over.   Don't know if you have any meds, or if there are any that would help.

I hope you did have a nice time seeing the new ship...  GET BETTER SOON!

33 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Ohhh no...   If that 'cruise cough' is what we had back in the Winter, it is like RSV or something, and it can be awful..  take a long time to get over.   Don't know if you have any meds, or if there are any that would help.

I hope you did have a nice time seeing the new ship...  GET BETTER SOON!

Thanks!. We heard it mentioned a few times while on the ship so something was going around.  I was hit with a  long cough back in January which was horrible so hoping it will clear up!