Thoughts on ports? Both options on Beyond

My July 2024 cruise on the Beyond is set: It's going to Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao! All new ports for me! I'm in Aqua after being spoiled on the Summit this past summer.

I currently have Beyond booked for July 2020 going to Nassau, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas.  Nassau is a ship day for me; I've been to St. Maaretn and love it...do an excursion with Soualiga Destinations; St. Thomas is new to me. I'm booked in a Porthole Veranda - it was only like $80 more than the solo IV, and while I don't mind the IV I couldn't turn down double the points for the Porthole Veranda. (No double points for a cabin designed for solos)

I'm pondering moving that one to Beyond Feb 2026 which hits St. Thomas, St. Kitts and Nevis, and Puerto Plata. All three would be new ports to me - I was close to Puerto Plata (and I think I rode through it) when I was on fathom and we were going to our projects, but we didn't really get to see anything around there. Because this one would be later, I could bump up to Aqua...

Thoughts on the ports in bold?

Thanks!

Second itin is more appealing esp if Nassau is a ship day,  and you've  been to St Maarten.  And  a bump up to AQ Class is a def plus...

if you do switch book an excursion to Nevis asap.. it's awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been to those destinations in July.  Did it once and done.  Really hot and humid.  Oppressive.

I do like the second itinerary. Nice to get away in February.   I have been to St. Kitts twice in February and both times, excursions to Nevis were cancelled due to the seas and high winds.  St. Thomas is great.  Puerto Plata is a stay on the ship day. Think Nassau.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I like the idea of moving the 2nd cruise to February.  We just sailed the Eastern Caribbean Feb. 24-March 2nd.  It was warm but not oppressively hot like July.  We liked St. Thomas and Puerto Plata.

Edited by Crazy planning mom
  • Thanks 1

I really like St. Kitts, and it's my friend's favorite port. I also like St. Thomas. Puerto Plata is on the itinerary for a cruise I have booked in 2025, but I haven't been there yet. I'm thinking it might be a ship day for me.

• Thanks 1

Nassau, we try to avoid.  St Maarten is nice to walk around. So my choice would be 2nd itinerary 

Oh. Bonaire.  Not sure what you are into but DH did the land sailing.  Loved it so much we cruised there again 2 months later.    Aruba we did an island tour and saw the north side. Totally different from the beachy side.    You have some fun coming up

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

Oh. Bonaire.  Not sure what you are into but DH did the land sailing.  Loved it so much we cruised there again 2 months later.    Aruba we did an island tour and saw the north side. Totally different from the beachy side.    You have some fun coming up

I’m currently booked with the 4x4 Arawak Off Road Safari in Bonaire. Aruba I have snorkeling booked in case I cannot get a day pass to Renaissance Island and the flamingos. Curacao is TBD.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I’m currently booked with the 4x4 Arawak Off Road Safari in Bonaire. Aruba I have snorkeling booked in case I cannot get a day pass to Renaissance Island and the flamingos. Curacao is TBD.

2 good choices so far..

Bonaire has a nice craft market at the port..nice spices, local artisans.. We make a stop there if we can..and have lunch locally.

• Thanks 1

We sailed full time in the Caribbean for 7 years. We love Bonaire- you can easily snorkel off the beach. Walk north from the cruise ship dock & before the marina. Be careful around the sailboats as you need to watch for dinghies in transit. You can easily hear their motor. Diving is great but not as good as it used to be due to coral bleaching with climate change and higher temps.