Guarantee assignment ?

Hello, we booked the Beyond April 27 cruise, the only choice of cabin available was the most expensive suite or an oceanview guarantee cabin.  We chose the oceanview guarantee cabin and still do not have a cabin assignment.  For those who have previously booked a guarantee cabin when was your cabin assigned to you, how far in advanced from the sailing?  I wonder if anybody who booked guarantee cabin was not assigned a cabin and got bumped from the sailing?  I had no choice, it was the only cabin assignment available to us and I been watching it each day with no availability besides the most expensive suite.  I am getting worried and hate to take the time off from work to find out we can't get on this sailing.

The description of the room is "guarantee" which means you are guaranteed to have at least an ocean view, or maybe even higher.  It'll be assigned at any time up until the day of sailing. No worries.  They don't oversell cabins like the airlines oversell flights.

• Like 1

Relax.  You could be assigned a cabin today or tomorrow or not until the day before your cruise departs.  The longer you wait the more likely it will be an upgrade to maybe a veranda.   Lots of veranda cabins.

You will absolutely positively be assigned a cabin. 

• Like 1

You have gotten feedback in the many other times the question has been asked. No one here can give you a definitive answer. You will get at minimum the oceanview cabin you booked. You may not know your assignment for another 45-46 days. 

• Like 1

As you are not sailing for another 7 weeks you still have a few weeks until you are likely to hear of your assignment.  In our experience the GTY's were assigned anywhere from 30 days to 1 week prior to sailing.  But as others have indicated, it could be anytime between now and day of sailing.

Do not be concerned as you will be assigned a stateroom and you will not get "bumped".  And, once assigned, if you don't like the location, depending on who you booked through you can contact the cruise line or your travel agent and they can move your stateroom to another location based on availability within the assigned stateroom category and sub-category.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

You have gotten feedback in the many other times the question has been asked. No one here can give you a definitive answer. You will get at minimum the oceanview cabin you booked. You may not know your assignment for another 45-46 days. 

10 hours ago, kaysha2004 said:

The description of the room is "guarantee" which means you are guaranteed to have at least an ocean view, or maybe even higher.  It'll be assigned at any time up until the day of sailing. No worries.  They don't oversell cabins like the airlines oversell flights.

That is what I was worried about, whether they oversell like flights, thank you!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

As you are not sailing for another 7 weeks you still have a few weeks until you are likely to hear of your assignment.  In our experience the GTY's were assigned anywhere from 30 days to 1 week prior to sailing.  But as others have indicated, it could be anytime between now and day of sailing.

Do not be concerned as you will be assigned a stateroom and you will not get "bumped".  And, once assigned, if you don't like the location, depending on who you booked through you can contact the cruise line or your travel agent and they can move your stateroom to another location based on availability within the assigned stateroom category and sub-category.

Thank you, was afraid we arrive and not get on the ship, thanks for the reassurance.

8 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Relax.  You could be assigned a cabin today or tomorrow or not until the day before your cruise departs.  The longer you wait the more likely it will be an upgrade to maybe a veranda.   Lots of veranda cabins.

You will absolutely positively be assigned a cabin. 

Thank you so much!!

We must be the outliers - we were assigned our magic carpet suite two days after booking our guaranteed suite. I suppose it is the “lowliest” of the suites 🤣, but we are happy with our midship room and looking forward to our September sailing.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, OrtonPark said:

We must be the outliers - we were assigned our magic carpet suite two days after booking our guaranteed suite. I suppose it is the “lowliest” of the suites 🤣, but we are happy with our midship room and looking forward to our September sailing.  

It can range anywhere from when you book to day of sailing. And I have heard of both. In our experience, as mentioned, that has been from 30 days to 1 week prior.  But everyone's experience can certainly vary.  Don't think your timing has anything to do with it being the "lowliest" of the suites.  More likely triggered by a booking algorithm. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

... For those who have previously booked a guarantee cabin when was your cabin assigned to you, how far in advanced from the sailing?...

I booked an Inside Guarantee last minute a few weeks ago after the Final Payment due date so I paid in full and was assigned a cabin immediately in my Booking Confirmation documents.

• Like 1

Actually this cabin was booked as a comp with blue chip.  My other half got aqua class and concierge offers but we wanted this particular sailing so they created a new offer while on the phone for an oceanview comp.