Have other solos experienced this?

I was looking at the sept 27 pacific coastal and was surprised to see all the rooms were sold out except suite. Then i tried as a couple then rooms were available as guarantee only. It seems weird rooms would be only guarantee so early and this is ocean and balcony as well. Is this a glitch?

Posted (edited)

I've said forever it's not right solo cant book gty. This is specific to royal Caribbean. I do gtys on other cruiselines. 

Call a ta and see if they have group space is all I can suggest. Otherwise you have to book with a fake 2nd. And yes I'm aware have to cancel that pax before the cruise leaves to get the extra solo loyalty pt.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3

Yes it is quite common. 

The use of GTY offers can occur at any time for any siling or not all for any sailing.  It's a tool they use strategically to fill ships based on historical booking trends.

Be aware that if you do see a solo GTY offered it is often a sign that the ship has "studio" solo cabins which will result in single CAS points should you be assigned one.  

Sometimes you can call and request a solo booked into a GTY meant for two but recently I've been turned down more often for this request.  Booking with a fake second guest works but will usually result in single CAS points when the fake is a no-show.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Booking with a fake second guest works but will usually result in single CAS points when the fake is a no-show

Until they starting cracking down and cancelling your boking if they catch on? Which they might start doing?

• Haha 1

I’m having such a hard time getting the system to recognize the C&A balcony supplement discount on recently released itineraries.  Forced to call Royal agents and sometimes it takes some 39 minutes for me to explain what it is and then for someone to do a manual calculation. Simply frustrating. 

10 hours ago, twangster said:

Yes it is quite common. 

The use of GTY offers can occur at any time for any siling or not all for any sailing.  It's a tool they use strategically to fill ships based on historical booking trends.

Be aware that if you do see a solo GTY offered it is often a sign that the ship has "studio" solo cabins which will result in single CAS points should you be assigned one.  

Sometimes you can call and request a solo booked into a GTY meant for two but recently I've been turned down more often for this request.  Booking with a fake second guest works but will usually result in single CAS points when the fake is a no-show.

Oooh, I've had issue with this and its tricky.

A while back, a friend of mine and I were looking at 2 solo cabins specifically for double points.  A gty popped on I think it was Brilliance and it was cheap. 

We were talking to one another when we were in front of a computer.  He clicked the gty and it gave him a price like 300 for a 4 night on Brilliance.  But when i went to the site, I did not see this price.

Turns out, there are THREE studio cabins on Brilliance.  one was available and in the gty pool.  That's why he got 300 and I got the regular 600+ with the solo supplement.

Funny thing, some time after that (this was when covid was on the decline), we ended up booking solos for December 2021.  We had planned for the solo supplement and ended up sailing without them when they dropped them later that year...AND we got the double points promotion, so it was a win win for us.

1 minute ago, Rogueperson said:

Funny thing, some time after that (this was when covid was on the decline), we ended up booking solos for December 2021.  We had planned for the solo supplement and ended up sailing without them when they dropped them later that year...AND we got the double points promotion, so it was a win win for us.

I did four sailings with no solo supplement during the double points promo.  🙂

Oasis Oct. 2021 = 28 points

Anthem Dec. 2021 = 28 points

Anthem NYE 2021 = 36 points

Enchantment March 2022 = 32 points

I wish I have booked more.

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

I did four sailings with no solo supplement during the double points promo.  🙂

Oasis Oct. 2021 = 28 points

Anthem Dec. 2021 = 28 points

Anthem NYE 2021 = 36 points

Enchantment March 2022 = 32 points

I wish I have booked more.

I think we talked about this before.

I got 4 cruises under that as well, though only 2 were short solos.

Mariner 2021 =12 points

Brilliance 2021 = 16 points

Enchantment 2022 = 24 points

Adventure 2022 = 28 points.

I got exactly enough to go from Diamond to Diamond plus!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I was stuck at 163 points when the world shut down.  Got over the hump on the first cruise after restart.

I was at 96.  My double point cruises put me just over 176 on last year's Greenland cruise.