Labadee Shore Excursion just canceled for next week Explorer of Seas

So it begins.Just received an email from Royal canceling our Jet Ski tour next week due to safety concerns for guest and crew. I will be surprised if port is not canceled all together by then.

Dear Guest,

Out of respect to our local communities surrounding Labadee, Haiti, and to ensure our guest and crew safety, we're temporarily adjusting our tour offerings. 

As a result, we've cancelled your Labadee Guided Wave Jet Tour - Driver and issued a full refund to your original form of payment, which you should see within 14 business days. Some banking institutions may take longer. In the meantime, please feel free to visit My Royal Cruise or the Shore Excursions Desk once onboard to review options for your time in port.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused by this - your safety is our top priority. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

My jet ski excursion was also just cancelled for our stop in two weeks. I've also seen reports that kayaks were cancelled.

It looks like anything leaving the island as someone in my FB group had their fishing and Paradise Cove excursions canceled. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

I take this more as, “we want to be certain you are staying inside our compound. 

EXACTLY, it states clearly in the cancellation E-Mail to visit shore excursions for alternate offering DURING YOUR TIME IN PORT

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

EXACTLY, it states clearly in the cancellation E-Mail to visit shore excursions for alternate offering DURING YOUR TIME IN PORT

I would not be surprised if Royal’s own lawyers or insurance policies said they need to remove any risk of people leaving Labadee. And obviously a boat presents that risk.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

I would not be surprised if Royal’s own lawyers or insurance policies said they need to remove any risk of people leaving Labadee. And obviously a boat presents that risk.

This is probably the reason.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, why2klisa said:

They didn’t cancel my floating beach mats for next week. I wish they would switch us to CoCoCay. 

Considering CocoCay is several hundred miles away, that’s not a viable option. Locations in D.R. are nearby, however. Puerto Plata can accommodate 4 ships (at least) and seldom has that many. But I think Mariner already goes there with Labadee. 

Edited by pyrateslife4me84
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Considering CocoCay is several hundred miles away, that’s not a viable option. Locations in D.R. are nearby, however. 

I’d settle for that. 

3 minutes ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

Considering CocoCay is several hundred miles away, that’s not a viable option. Locations in D.R. are nearby, however. Puerto Plata can accommodate 4 ships (at least) and seldom has that many. 

I loved my stop in Puerto Plata a few weeks ago.  I had one of the best excursions ever!  Jumping off cliffs Damajagua.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I loved my stop in Puerto Plata a few weeks ago.  I had one of the best excursions ever!  Jumping off cliffs Damajagua.  

DR is beautiful and safe(r). Royal should’ve built their private destination there…

• Like 3

I posted a link over the weekend (which got taken down) about the US considering sending Marines into Haiti. A couple of posters took exception and well guess what, we sent Marines in to evacuate the Embassy and add security yesterday. I won't be surprised if sometime in the near future and out of an abundance of caution some RCCL traffic gets rerouted.

• Like 4

I have not had my cabana reservation canceled. I’m supposed to stop at Labadee on 3/25 on Symphony. Others on my sailing have had snorkel, jet ski, and boat ride excursions cancelled. Many excursions still are available on the website 🤷🏻‍♀️

We are headed there now on the Adventure.  All excursions have been cancelled except for

those where you remain on Labadee….

I have been here many times but this time o am not comfortable.  I just wish they had cancelled this stop all together!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

We are headed there now on the Adventure.  All excursions have been cancelled except for

those where you remain on Labadee….

I have been here many times but this time o am not comfortable.  I just wish they had cancelled this stop all together!!!

You are more than welcome to stay on the ship

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1