Blu - Can Jeans be worn at dinner?

RMLLEL

I wore jeans on a hike to Macchu Picchu, Peru when I was younger.  I was dumb.  Now I wear hiking pants.

Jeans look like jeans.  I would not wear any of MY Levi jeans to a nice restaurant.  I don’t even wear them to work anymore.

Posted (edited)

If it’s above freezing, no jeans for me..just not comfortable compared to the newer golf style pants..plus I look nicer..the ladies appreciate that. 🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG

7 hours ago, bikerunner said:

I love these stupid questions   Okay why.\, most likely Caribbean cruise...where jeans please and complain the next day it was so hot in the mer.....stupid people.

I wear white, black and blue jeans in the Caribbean at night on all my cruises.  Never hot while inside a cruise ship. Their AC makes it cool every night.  

• Like 3

Morning after thought:

Raising your accessory game can change everything.

”Nice” jeans can be elevated by accessories they are married with.

Think FMPs and bedazzled belts and bustiers.

Add a touch of formality with a third piece like a black satin jacket or silky, lightweight poncho.

11 hours ago, zitsky said:

Grandchildren.  Can you believe when we were young we wore ripped jeans and called that “fashion”?  We know better now.

Biggest fashion mistakes are bell bottoms and ripped jeans.

I should start a trend by selling ripped shirts 🤣

When we moved to Florida over 30 years ago we threw all our jeans away, I have a mental block that says jeans and a tropical climate aren’t a good mix. I have no problem if someone wears jeans in the MDR for dinner as long as they are clean with no holes.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, sun bum said:

If you would wear jeans to a 5 star restaurant at home, by all means ,wear them. Personally I would not. to each their own

Before I lmao I just want to confirm you’re comparing mass cruise ship dining to a 5 star restaurant?  

how did this tread get past post 2?   Jeans are clearly defined in the dress code online.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

The dress code enforcement is rather lax.  I don't think that you would get by with shorts though...

I always do on the first evening. 

I always wear dark jeans, dress shoes, and a polo or button-down, and we have only cruised in an Aqua Class Cabin or Retreat on Celebrity and never had a second look.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

That is the exception.  Some bags have not been delivered...

Exactly. But for those that say you can't. We always have our luggage and unpacked long before heading out for pre supper drinks and 6:00 supper time. 

Edited by doghog

3 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Another pretty dumb thread.

For dinner in Blu you are required to wear long pants of some sort.  Arrival without pants in a swimsuit, shorts or your underwear will likely get you turned away

Thanks for taking the time to participate. 🙃 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, flvol77 said:

I always wear dark jeans, dress shoes, and a polo or button-down, and we have only cruised in an Aqua Class Cabin or Retreat on Celebrity and never had a second look.

Never a second look?  You mean from staff or other pax?  Because my withering gaze is usually enough to burn a hole in most designer jeans.

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Another pretty dumb thread.

For dinner in Blu you are required to wear long pants of some sort.  Arrival without pants in a swimsuit, shorts or your underwear will likely get you turned away

Most are told to wear long pants if they arrive to eat dinner in  Blu.  You can wear a baseball cap and sad looking jeans and get seated.  Go figure....

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, keesar said:

Most are told to wear long pants if they arrive to eat dinner in  Blu.  You can wear a baseball cap and sad looking jeans and get seated.  Go figure....

That only works if you wear the baseball cap backwards.  Those how they know you’re a rule breaker.  They respect you that way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keesar said:

I did see baseball jerseys...  

1 hour ago, bEwAbG said:

RIP to the poster who would by now have mentioned his designer Kirkland jeans.

Those would probably get by.  The ripped jeans just stand out...  but probably get by.