3 am disembark time???

I'm interested in the Norwegian Jade Tampa to Panama City 1/29/25 to 2/9/25 cruise however, the itinerary states it disembarks at 3:00 am in Fuerte Amador.   Is there any chance a 3:00 am disembark is likely?  This would be a deal breaker.  My travel agent  couldn't find any info other than what NCL has posted (3:00 am disembark). Has anyone experienced a 3:00 am disembarkment?

6 hours ago, dwillyrice said:

I'm interested in the Norwegian Jade Tampa to Panama City 1/29/25 to 2/9/25 cruise however, the itinerary states it disembarks at 3:00 am in Fuerte Amador.   Is there any chance a 3:00 am disembark is likely?  This would be a deal breaker.  My travel agent  couldn't find any info other than what NCL has posted (3:00 am disembark). Has anyone experienced a 3:00 am disembarkment?

That's just the time the ship will be docking. The next cruise doesn't depart until 11:59 PM on 2/9/25 so you won't have to be off the ship until a normal disembarkation time the morning of 2/9.

• Thanks 1

We have experienced a 3am disembark time more than once, but that was NOT for the entire ship.  

We often book air through our cruise line, and is the first flight from the final port is at 6:00am or even earlier, the transportation to the airport may start as early as 3:00am.

We have experienced this on several cruises.

I would suspect that your individual disembark time is based on when your flights are and if you have transport through the cruise line to the airport.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

We have experienced a 3am disembark time more than once, but that was NOT for the entire ship.  

We often book air through our cruise line, and is the first flight from the final port is at 6:00am or even earlier, the transportation to the airport may start as early as 3:00am.

We have experienced this on several cruises.

I would suspect that your individual disembark time is based on when your flights are and if you have transport through the cruise line to the airport.

Since the OP clearly doesn't want to disembark that early I think it’s quite unlikely that they have an early morning flight.  Anyone who has flown knows you have to leave from wherever you are, at home, at a hotel on a ship, etc in order to get to the airport in time for your flight. 

Further, since the OP's cruise is in 2025 even if they are using the cruise line's air arrangements there's no way the cruise line would have assigned their flights yet. That won't happen for many months. 

The 3am schedule isn't just for the OP,  it's the ship's schedule as posted on the NCL website  I can assure you that all 2000 passengers on board will not have flights requiring 3am disembarkation. 

Finally, it's not uncommon for Panama Canal transits ending at Fuerte Amador to have unusual docking schedules similar to this one. Other ships that may be docked there often do not depart until about midnight to take their place in line for the next day's transit. 

Edited by njhorseman

On 3/16/2024 at 11:26 AM, dwillyrice said:

There is no mystery here.  The itinerary has it "arriving" at 3am which is not all that crazy since it is finishing a canal transit.  Because a ship docks early it does not mean disembarkation starts that early :).  The ship does not embark (on its next cruise) until 11:59 pm.  You can assume that your disembarkation will be at the usual more humane times :).

Hank

• Like 1