Celebrity Summit

LMC

We have booked the Summit as a B2B in the fall in an Aqua Class room.  I haven't sailed on her in several years but I recall that I loved that ship!  Can anyone that has sailed on her recently give me information on how you liked it?  TIA!!

Love Summit.   We did a B3B on her last year.   She has gone through Revolution and is one of my favorite ships.    We had a great waiter in Retreat that I hear from frequently .   He just rejoined the ship and will be doing the Alaska Season.

• Like 2

I sailed on Summit about two years ago and am sailing on her again in about 6 weeks.  I enjoyed the ship in April 2022 but it wasn't sailing full since we were just coming out of the COVID restrictions. The ship is nice; my biggest complaint is the lack of specialty restaurants, only three, Sushi on Five, Le Petit Chef and Tuscan Grille.  I just saw the Le Petit Chef show a few months ago on Reflection and don't have any interest in doing it again anytime soon. Sushi on Five is fine for lunch.  That leaves just one alternative, Tuscan Grille.  Since you're sailing Aqua and eating in Blu that might not be as big a deal for you.

I am currently on the summit having a great time on a 70’s music cruise , staff has been great , have enjoyed all three specialty restaurants and our royal suite isn’t bad either 😁

• Like 1

I was on the Summit in Aqua in July and LOVED it!!!!

Serkan was my maitre'd, my servers were Nuralita (primary) and Nila (assistant), and the hostess was Mariana and they were all WONDERFUL!!!! If you bump into them, please tell them Beth from last summer says hello! I rarely get so attached to my serving team that I cry on the last morning, but I did this time.

I really fell in love with the Summit and am sad she's not out of NYC again this summer!!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

We were on the Summit years ago sailing to Bermuda with Captain Kate.   Loved it!  We will be sailing on Summit again in June 2024 to Alaska.  Can't wait to see the changes! We are in Aqua Class (again) so will be dining in Blu.   Question for those recently on Summit - is it possible to order from the main dining room menu in Blu?  We are sailing with another couple who have never eaten in Blu and afraid they may not like all the healthy choices!

Edited by grangerlady

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I was on the Summit in Aqua in July and LOVED it!!!!

Serkan was my maitre'd, my servers were Nuralita (primary) and Nila (assistant), and the hostess was Mariana and they were all WONDERFUL!!!! If you bump into them, please tell them Beth from last summer says hello! I rarely get so attached to my serving team that I cry on the last morning, but I did this time.

I really fell in love with the Summit and am sad she's not out of NYC again this summer!!

I know exactly how you feel because I feel the same way.  I recognize all those names! The Summit is my favorite ship. Since we live 90 miles south of NYC we've sailed on her many times and are sad to see her gone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grangerlady said:

Question for those recently on Summit - is it possible to order from the main dining room menu in Blu?

When my friend and I were on the Summit in last summer, we asked for the MDR menu along with the Blu menu each night, and we ordered from the MDR menu several times. 

We're looking forward to our B2B on the Summit to Alaska this year. The ship is a sentimental favorite for us. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 5:24 PM, grangerlady said:

We were on the Summit years ago sailing to Bermuda with Captain Kate.   Loved it!  We will be sailing on Summit again in June 2024 to Alaska.  Can't wait to see the changes! We are in Aqua Class (again) so will be dining in Blu.   Question for those recently on Summit - is it possible to order from the main dining room menu in Blu?  We are sailing with another couple who have never eaten in Blu and afraid they may not like all the healthy choices!

I Love the Summit having been in a Royal Suite dining in Luminea. When I didn’t like something that was being served, they will get you what you want from the main dining room. Just ask and they Always Love to accommodate. No worries. I remember not seeing escargot on the menu, but I asked for it and they delivered it to me every day!👍🏼. Your friends will Love dining in Blu, I have been Aqua class last year going to Alaska and Blu was wonderful 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I Love the Summit having been in a Royal Suite dining in Luminea. When I didn’t like something that was being served, they will get you what you want from the main dining room. Just ask and they Always Love to accommodate. No worries. I remember not seeing escargot on the menu, but I asked for it and they delivered it to me every day!👍🏼. Your friends will Love dining in Blu, I have been Aqua class last year going to Alaska and Blu was wonderful 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼