The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday March 20th, 2024

kazu

Good afternoon.  It's not bad outside with the light wind.  I'm slowly getting things crossed of the to do list to get ready to leave for Texas on  April 1.  This morning I got the gates painted along with the frames for the tiles on fence, a decorative Kokopelli and the hanger for the wind chimes.  Now that the signs and Kokopelli are dry I'll rehang them.  While I'm outside, I'll  get the rocks raked and the bare places covered.  Raking is the last biggie on the list.

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Alright, Im going to apologize for my crass behavior, but on a bet several years ago, I was asked to write a song about Astrology.  (where is RNB when I need him)  OK here goes

I went to an astrologer the other day

There was only one thing she could say

-if you're feeling bad, and always sad...

Its because the moon is in Uranus.

I've had my tarot cards read

I should just stay in bed

Even had my biorhythms done

Said I'd have a good day in 2031

But i'm still bad, and I'm still sad

because the moon is in Uranus.

Sorry. ha ha he he he ha. not.

I did go to an astrology fair with my friend Linda in NJ back in 1979.  The astrologist said, you might as well admit that you are never going to be lucky in love, but I do see a great change in your future.  You will be moving soon.  That was a Saturday afternoon.

On Monday at work I got called in, promoted and transferred to GA. And life,  since then,  has been all about accepting changes.

Annie, I loved the song, but then I have a weird sense of humor.  

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon,  thanks for today's daily report.  Wifi was being very temperamental this morning.  We took a scenic tour and then had lunch on the ship.  Tonight we are giving the Tamarind a second chance.  Some pictures from the tour.

20240320_101735.thumb.jpg.0d46c2aa671e798c3f1a11a684b0d984.jpg

20240320_101628.thumb.jpg.26a969a015036cc5128e28ca975ce440.jpg

20240320_095542.thumb.jpg.0e36af097a4b68611ae56ba78dde517c.jpg

Jake, thanks for the pictures from Antigua.

Lenda

• Like 17

8 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Haljo1935 My friend Jesse hurt his back years ago when falling from a roof.  He was on disability for years.  This year that ended and he went on the SS, and the amount he received per month went down. What worries me about your numb foot, is that you could injure it, and not really know it.  So please take care of yourself when you are out and about.

th?id=OIP.oBzFgo5vi20V7UtEISZigQHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

The quiche looks wonderful.  Quiche is one of my favorite foods, but while all that broccoli looks fabulous (not) I would add some bacon to the pie too.  Just for a little salty taste...

Not feeling an injury is a concern for me, too. I mentioned to my sister I could step on something and not even know it.

I would totally add bacon to the quiche!!

• Like 11

Some awful news from a town not too far from here. There was a terrible fire around midnight. The Mother and 2 children got out (ages 10 and 1), helped by a neighbor and policeman with a ladder put up to the 2nd floor. The children were flown to Children's Hospital. But sadly the Father and 4 children, ages 7,6,3 and 1 month, perished. The house next door also burned down and even a house across the street had its siding melt from the heat. There was also some problem with little water from the nearby fire hydrant. They just had the devastated Grandfather on the news. So very sad. Prayers for the family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 17

26 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Some awful news from a town not too far from here. There was a terrible fire around midnight. The Mother and 2 children got out (ages 10 and 1), helped by a neighbor and policeman with a ladder put up to the 2nd floor. The children were flown to Children's Hospital. But sadly the Father and 4 children, ages 7,6,3 and 1 month, perished. The house next door also burned down and even a house across the street had its siding melt from the heat. There was also some problem with little water from the nearby fire hydrant. They just had the devastated Grandfather on the news. So very sad. Prayers for the family.

So sad, Vanessa 😢. especially with so many young lives lost 😢 

Prayers for the mother and 2 children remaining - getting out was trauma enough and now the loss of the rest of their family 🙏 💔  they have a very tough road ahead of them 😢 

• Like 11

A very windy day today, so I moved everything that could go flying up to the front porch. I'm tired of chasing things across the yard!

I'm a bit annoyed with my plumber. Finally made the decision to replace all the toilets in the house and had it all set up to happen today. When the phone rang at 8am, I thought he was going to tell me he was on his way. Nope! He cancelled because neither of his helpers was available. Now I have to call HIm early next week to reschedule. Grumble. I think my biggest gripe is that I spent the last few days cleaning all 4 bathrooms so they'd have a clean environment to work in - lol!

Yes, "I Am" an Aries!

Best wishes to all that are celebrating, and prayers raised for everyone in need.

• Like 12

Finally, the last really big chore is done!  The yard is raked and most of the bare spots are now covered with rocks.  We will need to get a load of rocks next fall and have someone spread them.  I'm reaching the point that it's getting to be too much of a chore.  Raking isn't bad since I basically walk back and forth dragging the rock rake behind me unless I need to push rocks in a tight place.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Vanessa, thank you for letting us know about that horrible tragedy.  My heart goes out to the mother. the two surviving children and grandfather on the loss of some many family members.  I hope there are more extended family members to help them.

19 minutes ago, NextOne said:

A very windy day today, so I moved everything that could go flying up to the front porch. I'm tired of chasing things across the yard!

I'm a bit annoyed with my plumber. Finally made the decision to replace all the toilets in the house and had it all set up to happen today. When the phone rang at 8am, I thought he was going to tell me he was on his way. Nope! He cancelled because neither of his helpers was available. Now I have to call HIm early next week to reschedule. Grumble. I think my biggest gripe is that I spent the last few days cleaning all 4 bathrooms so they'd have a clean environment to work in - lol!

Yes, "I Am" an Aries!

Best wishes to all that are celebrating, and prayers raised for everyone in need.

Edi, sorry about the plumber canceling.  I can understand his canceling if he didn't have helpers, but he should be the one to call and set up another appointment asap.  What is happening to customer service.

Lenda

• Like 8

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Such devastating news. God bless this family and those who lost their home. The father of the kid's was only 27. Such a tragedy. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Oh my heart just aches for them.💔 Can you share enough about it (location, news station...) to help lead me to research - I would like to make a donation for them. 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Sorry to read such sad news!  How devastating! 

Now some good news DS did extremely well,  all your kind thoughts and prayers were appreciated!  

We are hunkered down with the beginning of the snow, much more to come.  Good for the farmers, the fields are absolutely barren and they are already talking water restrictions. 

the animals are enjoying it 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Oh my heart just aches for them.💔 Can you share enough about it (location, news station...) to help lead me to research - I would like to make a donation for them. 

Thank you. Here is a link to the story.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/coroner-called-house-fire-westmoreland-county/KV2JIHEZ6ZFLLNNLMUAKSGTZ2A/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Now some good news DS did extremely well,  all your kind thoughts and prayers were appreciated!  

We are hunkered down with the beginning of the snow, much more to come.  Good for the farmers, the fields are absolutely barren and they are already talking water restrictions. 

IMG_1115.mov

Brenda, that is good news your DS did extremely well.  I'm glad the farmers will be getting some much needed snow for their fields.

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful news, Brenda 👍 👏 

That is great news Brenda 👍 👏. Wonderful!

Great video and why I stopped walking my dogs down the Nature Trail years ago.  One rabid/sick one that came after us was enough for me.

I don’t think my heart stopped pounding until I got the dogs and I back in the house (back in the days when I had

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

...Now some good news DS did extremely well,  all your kind thoughts and prayers were appreciated!  

Great news - congrats to your DS!!🎉🥳🍾

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1