Concierge class boarding

kajasmin

20 minutes ago, kajasmin said:

I read we can do priority boarding? 2 of 3 of our rooms are this class. Will they let our whole party go together? 

You are doubtless looking at some old information.   Priority boarding was advertised as a perk of concierge class. Also a perk of aqua class.  And also a perk of Captains Club Elite.  All those have been done away with. The only priority boarding left is for suites and zeniths.   Now it goes by the arrival time that you designated on your app or on the website when you check in.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, kiwichick62 said:

Priority access is also a perk for people with a Premium Access pass.

Unless they changed it the description said priority access to terminal, not boarding.  In the info it suggests selecting a boarding that would allow you to be on board for the lunch.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Unless they changed it the description said priority access to terminal, not boarding.  In the info it suggests selecting a boarding that would allow you to be on board for the lunch.

It is an earlier time to get checked in.  Zenith and suites board first thrn everyone else.

Not a big deal to board a few minutes earlier.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

From Premium Access FAQ -

Q: What if the early arrival window is not available
when I check-in?

A: Look for signs with the Premium Access logo for
priority boarding and proceed through the
check-in process.

Q: If early access is not available, does Premium
Access include priority boarding?

A: Yes, look for signs with the Premium Access logo for
priority boarding.

In Consierge you will also be able to attend an embarkation lunch in one of the MDR.   The party that isn’t in C will not be able to attend.  They are very strict about that.  They have a check list with your name.  If they don’t see your name you don’t get in.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

So my two kids are in the non conceiege class but because they are 17 and 20 I had to put my husband in there. So that means any perks my husband will not be able to get.... hmm. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, kajasmin said:

So my two kids are in the non conceiege class but because they are 17 and 20 I had to put my husband in there. So that means any perks my husband will not be able to get.... hmm. 

Sounds fair to me. That's correct if he isn't booked in a Concierge Class stateroom, no perks. This also includes the embarkation lunch in the MDR. His SeaPss card will also be a different color than yours.  

Edited by doghog

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Sounds fair to me. That's correct if he isn't booked in a Concierge Class stateroom, no perks. This also includes the embarkation lunch in the MDR. His SeaPss card will also be a different color than yours.  

Can my kids be in the room themselves it seemed like no...

1 hour ago, kajasmin said:

There really isn't 'perks' with Concierge Class, other than the embarkation lunch (which basically means you get to have lunch in the MDR on embarkation day, rather than the buffet), and each Concierge room is entitled to a bottle of sparkling wine.  The crew person who works the Concierge desk (often times at a desk in an open area by the library), can and does assist any passenger walking by.  This is very different than the dedicated  suite host/concierge found in the Retreat.

Booking a concierge stateroom sounds fancy, but there isn't much to it.  Sometimes Concierge class passengers are invited to the helipad for a special viewing of a sail-a-way, or maybe some other scenery viewing.

And as to your question, your non Concierge stateroom family members won't be able to avail themselves of the embarkation day lunch.  And there isn't any priority boarding for most passengers - only suite passengers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kajasmin said:

Your kids should be able to be in the same room, assuming it is relatively close to you.

Re the SeaPass cards.  Concierge card are gold in color.

18 minutes ago, kajasmin said:

Here is the Celebrity policy on that.  The kids room would have had to be adjacent or directly across the hall

1389F768-9AF9-480D-86EB-F713AB6E1520.jpeg

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, kajasmin said:

My understanding, not minors. Anyone in a non CC stateroom, no CC stateroom benefits/perks. Simple. 

Edited by doghog

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, kajasmin said:

Maybe.  If adjacent or across the hall yes for under 18.  The OP has a 20 year old who is an adult, so yes they can be in their own cabin

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

For Eclipse sailing on January 20th we had a 12:30 boarding time.

A couple days before sailing we received an email stating that we were invited to arrive anytime after 10:30 in order to be able to enjoy the Concierge lunch.

We did so and were aboard well ahead of the dining room opening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

For Eclipse sailing on January 20th we had a 12:30 boarding time.

A couple days before sailing we received an email stating that we were invited to arrive anytime after 10:30 in order to be able to enjoy the Concierge lunch.

We did so and were aboard well ahead of the dining room opening.

I will be on Eclipse in 2 weeks in Concierge and hope to get one of those Emails!😘

Did you have to show someone your Email?

Yes I showed the check in agent, no

issues other than using the temporary terminal in Buenos Aires, and we were still aboard and completed safety check in prior to the lunch opening.

While the OP was asking specifically about priority boarding for a group (some of which were Concierge Class, some of which were not), I wanted to address several of the comments that say there is no priority/early boarding for Concierge Class:

We have our first Celebrity cruise in a couple weeks in a Concierge Class stateroom. I was concerned about missing the embarkation day lunch (one of the Concierge Class perks) because -- even though I checked in within hours of check-in becoming available -- we ended up with a 1:00-1:30 embarkation time, because that was the earliest available. With that embarkation time, at best we might make it to the tail end of the lunch...

FWIW, I just got off the phone with Celebrity's help line and was assured that regardless of our scheduled embarkation time, we will be allowed to embark early, so as not to miss it the embarkation day lunch.

If what the agent told me turns out to be true, it sounds like even though early embarkation is not listed as an official Concierge Class perk, it is apparently a de-facto perk because of the lunch.

• Like 1