Christmas on Sun Princess in the Western Caribbean Ports and excursions

Hello everyone, We are considering a Christmas Cruise to the Western Caribbean and am not very excites as to the port stops at this time of year. We port in Honduras on Christmas Day and I di not see any festivities for the season ? Maybe I am wrong and just don't see it.

This is my first time away at Christmas and I was was expecting holiday celebrations  on and OFF  the ship .  

Thank you for your advise and opinion

Pat

13 minutes ago, padragain said:

Hello everyone, We are considering a Christmas Cruise to the Western Caribbean and am not very excites as to the port stops at this time of year. We port in Honduras on Christmas Day and I di not see any festivities for the season ? Maybe I am wrong and just don't see it.

This is my first time away at Christmas and I was was expecting holiday celebrations  on and OFF  the ship .  

Thank you for your advise and opinion

Pat

We took a QM2 Christmas/New Years cruise from NY to the Caribbean. The ship was very decorated and there was Carol singing on board.  I would be surprised if Princess did not do something comparable - perhaps you could call a Princess cruise consultant - or have your travel agent do it if you did not book directly.

As a rule, most activities in ports (particularly in a largely Catholic country like Honduras) will be largely closed down on Christmas Day.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I suggest breaking this posting into two separate post if you haven't already.

On the Princess forum (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/119-princess-cruises/):  ask about the holiday celebrations on the ship.  We've been on a few over the Christmas and New Years holidays and the ships have been beautifully decorated and there are lots of holiday themed activities.

On the Roatan (Honduras) board in the Caribbean Ports of Call forum (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/15-roatan/):  ask about the celebrations and decorations in Roatan.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The port Princess uses on Roatan is Mahogany Bay, a Carnival created enclave.  There is a shopping area that may or may not be open, and a private beach with a snack bar/restaurant that probably will be open.  It’s a beach day.  EM

• Like 1

Thank you for all your comments. I understand that the ship will be lovely and I don't doubt it but I was wondering of all our port stops and what festivities they would have. I was give the excursions but it didn't appeal to me. I live in Florida by the beach and I don't want a " beach day" per say ..but I was really looking for the Christmas traditions and celebrations of that country we were stopping at?  I will keep researching   Keep your thought coming  Thank you

23 minutes ago, padragain said:

I was really looking for the Christmas traditions and celebrations of that country we were stopping at?  I will keep researching   Keep your thought coming  Thank you

I would ask that on the applicable board for each of your ports of call on the Caribbean forum (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/).  Locals that contribute to the boards in addition to cruisers who have visited over the holidays may respond.  Good luck with your research!

• Thanks 1