"Kids Sail Free" promotion - do they really care about the ages?

When I'm looking at booking and put in 2 adults, 2 kids under 12, it's substantially less expensive than considering a 13 year old as an adult.  Anyone know if they actually care about the "kids" ages or if it's just a marketing thing?  Have you booked with the KSF promotion and brought teens?

Unlike a hotel you will need to put in their birth information. I think this is compared to their travel documents. I personally wouldn’t fudge this in an attempt to save a few bucks.

• Like 4

No, not going to fudge it.  Was just wondering if I actually booked it, would it charge the 13 year old as an adult.  Guessing so.  Too bad - she doesn't take up a lot of space, but I'm not really wanting to spend a full adult price for her.

The first two people in the room are going to cost you.  The third person is where the KSF kicks in or not...even if they don't qualify, the third person is never that much anyways.

We are in the same situation as our daughter is 13. Yes, they care and will treat the 13 year old as an adult when it comes to pricing. Our son was able to be booked with KSF as he is younger but unfortunately anyone 13 and older can’t be booked under KSF. 

Kiddingly, I've complained on this board that in Royal's eyes a 13-year-old is considered an adult for fare purposes but does not accrue any adult benefits.  Heaven forbid if they saunter into the Solarium.🤣

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Kiddingly, I've complained on this board that in Royal's eyes a 13-year-old is considered an adult for fare purposes but does not accrue any adult benefits.  Heaven forbid if they saunter into the Solarium.🤣

Actually, they do accrue C&A points just like adults. Some areas are set aside for various age groups - I’m sure that they would have a problem if I were to saunter into the teen club to play video games. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Neosophy said:

Yeah, Ive always felt like kids sail free was a gimmick anyways, always felt like passenger 1 and 2 were more expensive than when KSF not running.

The KSF has worked out great for my extended family several times. Using it again for ICON May 18th. It's one of the best discounts offered.

24 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

Thanks.  Princess is running a similar promotion and it's 3rd & 4th pax free regardless of age.  Decided to book there instead.

Celebrity was running that a few weeks ago with no blackout dates

• Like 1

I began using the KSF promotion back in 2015 with my four kids. Back then you could get some really awesome deals. I remember getting a 7 day LOS sailing in a Ultra Spacious Promenade room for just over $1900 for the six of us. I think Royal caught on and the non-suite rooms that fit more than 4 people are priced way higher than they use to be. But to add my two cents to the conversation it states on the booking engine that Children is defined as ages 0-12.

image.png.3714d8bbc8bbffe7646e3e6e28590f97.png

• Like 1