Updates to Zenith + Retreat with cruise only rate

I haven't followed if this was discussed or not but there are some adjustments coming. 

• Zenith members that book The Retreat will be able to access cruise-only rates. 
  • If a Zenith has a Retreat booking they will be able to adjust to the cruise-only price in April
  • A Zenith lunch on every cruise 
  • Also some priority reservation perk at Daniel Boulud restaurants on land 
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I haven't followed if this was discussed or not but there are some adjustments coming. 

• Zenith members that book The Retreat will be able to access cruise-only rates. 
  • If a Zenith has a Retreat booking they will be able to adjust to the cruise-only price in April
  • A Zenith lunch on every cruise 
  • Also some priority reservation perk at Daniel Boulud restaurants on land 

@Jeremiah1212, This is great news!  Where did you learn about this change?

Can you post a link?  Thanks in advance, Mike and Mary

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I wonder if Jim’s talk with the prez had anything to do with this ? 

From the Celebrity flyer: "We are making this change as a direct result of your feedback that some of the most valuable loyalty benefits, like premium drinks and Wi-Fi, already come with The Retreat"

The flyer says that "if clients already have a Retreat booking, you can expect a call from Celebrity by April 17th to discuss options for price adjustment"

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if the price adjustment will be made for Zenith passengers who are booked in The Retreat after final payment deadline has passed.

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

From the Celebrity flyer: "We are making this change as a direct result of your feedback that some of the most valuable loyalty benefits, like premium drinks and Wi-Fi, already come with The Retreat"

The flyer says that "if clients already have a Retreat booking, you can expect a call from Celebrity by April 17th to discuss options for price adjustment"

Too late for our 4/5 sailing in a Suite or our 4/14 where we downgraded from a suite to a SV because we didn't want to pay for the benefits we had earner.  We kept the 4/5 suite because the price we booked at was only a few hundred more than Aqua when we downgraded the 4/14/

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Too late for our 4/5 sailing in a Suite or our 4/14 where we downgraded from a suite to a SV because we didn't want to pay for the benefits we had earner.  We kept the 4/5 suite because the price we booked at was only a few hundred more than Aqua when we downgraded the 4/14/

So to be clear, no price adjustment for your Apr 5 Suite sailing?  Because it is after final payment?

1 minute ago, mahdnc said:

So to be clear, no price adjustment for your Apr 5 Suite sailing?  Because it is after final payment?

I don't know for sure yet.  TA is not available today, but it sounds like for the FAQ that they will start offering adjusted pricing in mid April after our cruise is over.

Just now, jelayne said:

I don't know for sure yet.  TA is not available today, but it sounds like for the FAQ that they will start offering adjusted pricing in mid April after our cruise is over.

Oh.  I see your point.  Thank you.

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I would get your TA to call tomorrow when they available, because it the flyer there is no starting date 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I wonder if this will make a lot Zenith members come back ? 

Finally.  It's too late for me for this year and next (booked other lines), but it's now a possibility for 2026.  A lot will be determined by their handling of this for a solo.

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I wonder if Jim’s talk with the prez had anything to do with this ? 

There have been so many complaints about this I, as a Zenith who also has complained about the policy, doubt that the complaints of a single person made the difference.  It took complaints from multiple of folks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

There have been so many complaints about this I, as a Zenith who also has complained about the policy, doubt that the complaints of a single person made the difference.  It took complaints from multiple of folks.

A new brand campaign comes out the week before the 4/17 date mentioned for this Zenith change. Purely speculating, but All Included needs to go. I don't think there will be a major shift in what they offer or how they offer it, but this may tie in with that adjustment. 

18 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

A new brand campaign comes out the week before the 4/17 date mentioned for this Zenith change. Purely speculating, but All Included needs to go. I don't think there will be a major shift in what they offer or how they offer it, but this may tie in with that adjustment. 

The AI isn't worth it and especially now it doesn't include tips (occasionally I found a deal but it's very rare)

As a solo traveler I've found its better off doing cruise only most of the time and adding things after

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

You are exactly correct.  A lot of folks have put in a "suggestion" to change to cruise only for the Retreat.  😊

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

The AI isn't worth it and especially now it doesn't include tips (occasionally I found a deal but it's very rare)

As a solo traveler I've found its better off doing cruise only most of the time and adding things after

That is exactly what I do. 

4 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Solos are unique but for doubles it's rare that it works out best to book Cruise Only than add WiFi and Drinks but many people still do it for whatever reason. I think they need to go back to a tiered offering with a more appropriate name but that also becomes too much math for people.  

• Like 1

Getting off topic, but AI works well for my Wife and I…yeah, it was better with room grats, but we always get the drink package and consider the internet a throw in..the math works for us, I hope they at least keep the option.

• Like 1

Finally Finally Finally!!!  Suite prices are already so high and as a Zenith it was hard for me to justify paying for perks I already earned. It will definitely bring me back to considering suites, and for that matter booking Celebrity cruises. 

• Like 1