Emerald Princess casual dining?

Mintycake

We are sailing on Emerald Princess this summer.  We have Princess Plus.  Do they still have the Salty Dog Gastropub on board?  I'm just wondering what food options our Princess plus will get us since there is no Alfredos or Gelato bar on board?

10 minutes ago, Mintycake said:

We are sailing on Emerald Princess this summer.  We have Princess Plus.  Do they still have the Salty Dog Gastropub on board?  I'm just wondering what food options our Princess plus will get us since there is no Alfredos or Gelato bar on board?

Check out the YouTube channel "Code 4 for life".......They were of the Emerald Princess this year and made vids of the casual dinning venues that they visited, including "Salty Dog Gastropub". 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Mintycake I see Gastropub and Vines on the deck plans,so this may be the only casual dining onboard. I have family members onboard now , I’ll try to see if they can give me an answer ,but who knows ,they’re probably having way too much fun on their vacation.

Maybe planks and steamers too?

Edited by arizonaperson

I was on the Ruby recently which is the sister ship of the Emerald. Emerald Princess has the Salty Dog Gastropub in the Wheelhouse Bar. It's a fairly nice meal. I thought the ribs were better than the burger. I liked the grilled cheese/tomato soup app. Emerald also has the Crudites/Charcuterie board meal at Vines. I did not try it. Looked like something I could put together at the buffet. 

34 minutes ago, Mintycake said:

Based on the Princess dining options PDF these are the casual dining options:

Saltydog Gastropub

Vines

Steamers Seafood (pop-up)

Planks BBQ (pop-up)

https://www.princess.com/content/dam/princess/corporate/pdfs/restaurants-dining-venues-on-board.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

• Like 1

Emerald actually has more casual dining than your average Princess ship - 4 venues, versus 2 or 3 on the other ships.

Vines

Salty Dog Gastropub

Planks

Steamers

Heck, even the brand new Sun only has 2 options! 

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on the Princess dining options PDF these are the casual dining options:

Saltydog Gastropub

Vines

Steamers Seafood (pop-up)

Planks BBQ (pop-up)

https://www.princess.com/content/dam/princess/corporate/pdfs/restaurants-dining-venues-on-board.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

What does a pop up mean?  not a fixed location?  

Thanks to everyone who replied!  It looks like these are not listed on the Princess App.  I was wondering if the ice cream sandwiches are included from Coffee and Cones if we have Princess Plus?