what's new with celebrity elite?

justcrusn

5 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

The last I knew cabin mates of Elites were allowed to attend Elite events e.g. The Breakfast. They do not get benefits like a bag of laundry, internet discount, etc.

I thought the same for events, so maybe Gerif can check with Cap Club host/ess

.  But there is no sharing like with the Royal coupons..

13 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

The last I knew cabin mates of Elites were allowed to attend Elite events e.g. The Breakfast. They do not get benefits like a bag of laundry, internet discount, etc.

Good to know. I’ll check into that. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2024 at 9:03 PM, gerif said:

So if you have early dinner the best you can do is grab a quick drink to go? Taking my first cruise on X and will be elite by virtue of my diamond status with RCI. So far I haven’t found anything I will be using with respect to elite benefits. 

Your free bag of laundry?

Edited by upwarduk

On 3/26/2024 at 5:10 PM, DaKahuna said:

Have a normal breakfast in the MDR / buffet and then head to the Elite Breakfast and have a cappuccino or mimosa.

"normal breakfast" ??

Hey, Have you seen what a " normal breakfast " is to some people ??

In a million years they wouldn't have the strength to walk " all the way " to the Elite breakfast in the Tuscan Grill.

And, bye the way---you forgot to add 2 smoked salmon/bagel plates,6 Danish pastries, and 3 cappuccinos ( the Canadian way )--LOL 

Can you please tell me where the Elite happy hour is on the Edge class ships? 
I understand  you can use in most bars between 5-7. I’m referring to the few nights when they have Elite lounge. Seems like S class are better suited for this event. 

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Your free bag of laundry?

Been on many cruises with the longest being two weeks and never felt the need to have laundry done. Others may appreciate it but it’s a wasted perk to me. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, indy406 said:

We eat breakfast at Blu or OVC or the Elite at Tuscan. We have never been asked to show our Sea Pass at the Elite breakfast. 

the CC Host often checks Sea Passes especially on the first few days. Passes also likely to be checked if passengers "wander in and appear not to know what is happening".

1 hour ago, gerif said:

Been on many cruises with the longest being two weeks and never felt the need to have laundry done. Others may appreciate it but it’s a wasted perk to me. 

I would have to purchase more underwear, or wash them myself, for a 15 day cruise. Neither option sounds as good to me as throwing several pair in a bag mid-cruise and getting them back cleaned.  

Also, for longer cruises, we purposely pack knowing we each get a free bag of laundry, it cuts down on what we have schlep.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pinboy said:

"normal breakfast" ??

Hey, Have you seen what a " normal breakfast " is to some people ??

Normal for me -- eggs dish, meat dish, toast, coffee, and orange juice.

In a million years they wouldn't have the strength to walk " all the way " to the Elite breakfast in the Tuscan Grill.

I hear that -- seen a lot of that on cruises.  I learned early on to make multiple trips vs piling a plate so full I had to worry about food falling off. 

And, bye the way---you forgot to add 2 smoked salmon/bagel plates,6 Danish pastries, and 3 cappuccinos ( the Canadian way )--LOL 

None of the items you would have me eating under most circumstances.  

Toasted bagel with cream cheese - check; toasted bagel with peanut butter (preferably crunchy) - check; smoked salmon, danish, cappuccino's - I'll pass.  

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Normal for me -- eggs dish, meat dish, toast, coffee, and orange juice.

I hear that -- seen a lot of that on cruises.  I learned early on to make multiple trips vs piling a plate so full I had to worry about food falling off. 

None of the items you would have me eating under most circumstances.  

Toasted bagel with cream cheese - check; toasted bagel with peanut butter (preferably crunchy) - check; smoked salmon, danish, cappuccino's - I'll pass.  

Much toooo healthy—

Don’t ya realize on a cruise ya gotta “ stick it to ‘em “ and eat enough to cover 3 times the price of your cruise?

Lucky for us, we are not suite passengers .

( I always enjoy reading your posts )

15 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Lucky for us, we are not suite passengers .

Don;t knock it.  My DW loves Luminae and so it's going to be a hard sell on my part to get her to go Aqua if we sail Celebrity again.  She's mentioned being a little burnt out on cruises the last couple of times we were in the Caribbean .. we'll see how she does in May. 

9 hours ago, indy406 said:

We eat breakfast at Blu or OVC or the Elite at Tuscan. We have never been asked to show our Sea Pass at the Elite breakfast. 

they usually know their guests...or politely check once

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, hcat said:

Can't figure out,  if  Royal perks are much  better, what brings so many Royal Diamonds cossing over to X?

So we are Diamond+ on Royal, and by association, Elite on Celebrity.    Both have their strengths.   The loyalty program on Royal appeals more to us than Celebrity, especially since we don't need go buy a drinks package.   But Celebrity has some unique itineraries, and perhaps slightly better food (although we like to sail in Aqua class due to Blu).   But prices can be less expensive on Royal, especially if you don't want to sail the newest/greatest ships, which we don't.    Entertainment on Royal is good, and we like the adult only solariums.  But we do miss the T-Pool on Celebrity M-class ships.  I think the specialty restaurants are better on Celebrity.   It really all comes down to price/itinerary.

Edited by Gardener5b
additional information

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

My DW loves Luminae

LOL----Don't even think about it .

Enjoy all your future Celebrity cruises in a suite.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

they usually know their guests...or politely check once

Correct--- and follow up with a chat from time to time.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

We have never been asked to show our Sea Pass at the Elite breakfast. 

However, Not a " big deal "------

On our recent Silhouette cruise ( March 11-21 ) there were 3 Captains Club Hostesses rotating at the Elite breakfast and I was asked a few times throughout the cruise for our " Proof of Elite Status " ( Room Key ).

Anyone else on the same cruise that had the same experience ?