2027 World Cruise

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, smg4412 said:

We put a deposit down today for a Penthouse A Suite. Have not yet done a World Cruise, but sailed previously on Regent many times.  Anybody here with experience on World Cruises able to tell me the chances of us getting our requested cabin? In other words, how quickly should we expect the Penthouse Suites to fill? Thanks...Steve

We pre-registered for a Grand Cruise in 2022 and from what I understand, what the deposit does is puts you on a "waitlist" for the cruise.  When they opened the cruise they first cleared the "waitlist" first  and then put remaining cabins up for sale.  We got exactly the cabin we wanted.  Since you "waitlisted" for a Penthouse A on a World Cruise, I would expect it extremely likely you'll get the cabin you chose.  Generally, from years of checking out cruises, the Penthouse C or B go first as they're cheaper.  Of course I really don't know, but I'd be surprised if you don't get what you want.  I'm jealous, by the way.  Would LOVE to do the World Cruise, ESPECIALLY in a Penthouse!!!!!  

Edited by papaflamingo

For those who have done the world cruise before, I have a question about restaurant reservations.  I believe you can book three reservations (one each specialty restaurant) per segment.  On the world cruise, is each separate cruise they sell to non-world cruisers a segment (so every 7-18 days or so), or is a segment much longer so there are only a few reservations over the 141 nights?  Also, when do you get to book them if there are separate segments?  

1 hour ago, Bruce61 said:

For those who have done the world cruise before, I have a question about restaurant reservations.  I believe you can book three reservations (one each specialty restaurant) per segment.  On the world cruise, is each separate cruise they sell to non-world cruisers a segment (so every 7-18 days or so), or is a segment much longer so there are only a few reservations over the 141 nights?  Also, when do you get to book them if there are separate segments?  

The World Cruise isn't segmented; it's either the 140-day whole shebang, or a shorter (126 days?) where you'd finish in Rome. The Rome-NYC isn't a segment yet. These world cruises tend to sell out (and rather quickly), so there'd be no space for segmented cruises. But that depends on if it sells out. We shall see. 

1 hour ago, GMIAC said:

The World Cruise isn't segmented; it's either the 140-day whole shebang, or a shorter (126 days?) where you'd finish in Rome. The Rome-NYC isn't a segment yet. These world cruises tend to sell out (and rather quickly), so there'd be no space for segmented cruises. But that depends on if it sells out. We shall see. 

There have always been segments, even if the cruise seems to sell out initially. People drop out all the time.

14 hours ago, smg4412 said:

We put a deposit down today for a Penthouse A Suite. Have not yet done a World Cruise, but sailed previously on Regent many times.  Anybody here with experience on World Cruises able to tell me the chances of us getting our requested cabin? In other words, how quickly should we expect the Penthouse Suites to fill? Thanks...Steve

What is your status, as you said you have cruised many times? Regent goes by status - first choice to Commodore, then Diamond, Titanium, and so on. Also, previous world cruisers get preferential treatment.

1 minute ago, BBWC said:

There have always been segments, even if the cruise seems to sell out initially. People drop out all the time.

That's encouraging, as there are several sets of friends who want to "visit us" while we're on the WC. Assuming we get on, that is. 

It is a bit much to commit (with 10% non-refundable down!) to a couple hundred thousand dollar cruise three years out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruce61 said:

Segments tend to be longer, usually at least 18 days or more, never 7. Last year’s WC had seven segments, so we got 21 initial reservations.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BBWC said:

What is your status, as you said you have cruised many times? Regent goes by status - first choice to Commodore, then Diamond, Titanium, and so on. Also, previous world cruisers get preferential treatment.

A896F937-84B3-4940-A58E-C9F44FA3612C.thumb.jpeg.b9fa5e9917d2386ddbaf4faab4d3245d.jpeg

4 hours ago, Bruce61 said:

This is a question that we are wondering about as well. We are holding 2026 on the Mariner and 2 nights at a specialty over all those months seems lacking!

1 hour ago, BBWC said:

We are Gold… 148 nights. Have no idea where we will land on the queue

6 hours ago, GMIAC said:

Recently, there have been a number of segments. I am not even sure if the current WC is full on the back half - I saw an internal doc the other day showing availability. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2024 at 1:48 PM, Pcardad said:

Recently, there have been a number of segments. I am not even sure if the current WC is full on the back half - I saw an internal doc the other day showing availability. 

The itinerary for 2027 does not mention any overnight land extensions. Does anyone know if these are usually offered on world cruises? For example, would anyone know if, when in India, Regent would offer a side trip to the Taj Majal? Thanks… 

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2024 at 4:48 PM, Pcardad said:

The current WC (in progress) is not full.  There were some segments pretty full, but at its height, there were only around 360 full WC guests. The numbers drop off some in Capetown, and further once the ship reaches Lisbon.  The final leg from Lisbon-NYC is pretty wide open at the moment.

Edited by Marylebone37

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, smg4412 said:

The itinerary for 2027 does not mention any overnight land extensions. Does anyone know if these are usually offered on world cruises? For example, would anyone know if, when in India, Regent would offer a side trip to the Taj Majal? Thanks… 

I would expect it's very likely that overland programs will be offered. We're doing the Grand Cruise next year and the Taj Mahal is an offered overland program out of Kochi (Cochin), India to rejoin the ship in Mumbai.  It's not cheap ($4099 per person) but it's offered.  There are also other overland programs offered including Luxor which we chose to do.  

So I expect those will be added down the road.   

Edited by papaflamingo

On 3/27/2024 at 8:16 PM, GMIAC said:

Looking closer, I notice that one of the perks is a $350 per cabin onboard credit.  🤑

That's for the visas passengers need to get on their own

Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2024 at 12:36 AM, Tom F said:

We're looking at doing this cruise, but have never done a world cruise before and have no idea what to expect in in terms of incentives from our TA, who we've only just begun working with (to complicate things, we're in New Zealand, so I expect TAs here may operate differently than in the US and elsewhere). @mrlevin mentioned 8-10%. Is that typical? Is that in the form of a straight discount, or a portion discount and OBC? Do agent affiliations with Virtuoso or other associations mean anything? Any other tips or things to look for (or look out for?). 

Australian and NZ travel agents can’t do the discounts and incentives that US agents give.  Different relationships and fare structures basically.  You will find the best discounts and bonuses by attending an RSSC presentation, as I did 18 or so months ago when I booked the 2025 World Cruise.  A good CLIA (CLINZ?) TA rather than a chain store one is better too, especially one that is a Virtuoso or similar affiliate.  Virtuoso is a sort of TA wholesaler or buying group.  They sometimes provide extra dinners, shore excursions or OBC.

I also received extra OBC (US$500 IIRC) in lieu of luggage forwarding, as we don’t have that facility down under.  

Edited by Port Power
  • Thanks 1

We have done a few Regent cruises and spoke with our TA on the 27th about this one. We provided our top 3 cabin choices (and indicated we’re out if we don’t get what we want at this price point). They go through the priority requests and would let us know on the 10th whether we would get our preferences. We were notified that our preference was available so put down the deposit today.

We have never done anything longer than 18 days and will be doing Grand Asia in ‘26 so we’re a bit apprehensive, but I guess we’ll find out.

A few things convinced us to reserve-it’s on an Explorer class ship, it embarks/disembarks from the US, and of course the itinerary appealed to us.
We’re anxious to hear others’ experiences on these lengthy cruises!

we have learned from past experience that if you don’t jump on a preferred class cabin early, they disappear and we’ve never had luck with the wait list.

16 minutes ago, JSOL1 said:

We have done a few Regent cruises and spoke with our TA on the 27th about this one. We provided our top 3 cabin choices (and indicated we’re out if we don’t get what we want at this price point). They go through the priority requests and would let us know on the 10th whether we would get our preferences. We were notified that our preference was available so put down the deposit today.

We have never done anything longer than 18 days and will be doing Grand Asia in ‘26 so we’re a bit apprehensive, but I guess we’ll find out.

A few things convinced us to reserve-it’s on an Explorer class ship, it embarks/disembarks from the US, and of course the itinerary appealed to us.
We’re anxious to hear others’ experiences on these lengthy cruises!

we have learned from past experience that if you don’t jump on a preferred class cabin early, they disappear and we’ve never had luck with the wait list.

We were unable to get a confirmed booking in our preferred category; all the larger suites are snatched up immediately. We’re on the waitlist, and non-refundable deposits are due on the 15th, so maybe some won’t commit and we’ll get an opportunity. Apparently those with status are given priority, and we don’t have as much as they do.

• Like 1

I think you’ll find a lot of inventory changes on Monday. There are courtesy holds until Monday, so those who do not put a deposit down will open up.

Since we went through this with another cruise, we felt the exposure of $1K non-refundable was worth it. We have a Penthouse and find they go first.

Good luck!

We are on the last day to decide between the ‘26 and ‘27 world cruises and we feel we are ready to stay with ‘26. We like the itinerary a little better and we have good friends joining us for one of the African legs. We wouldn’t have even considered ‘27 but the Splendor is our favorite ship. Is anyone else deciding between the two?

A portion of the deposit became non-refundable about a month ago I believe. For most categories the NR portion is $1K for 2 people. They claim they will no longer allow you to move your deposit to another cruise, although depending on your TA they may be able to help.

My understanding is they did this partly to keep people from reserving a bunch of cruises and therefore keeping those cabins from being reserved by others until they are cancelled.

perhaps others know better, but this is what we were told by a Reservation director on a recent Granduer cruise.

I can say from personal experience that it’s been frustrating being wait listed and waiting for deposit dates to see if anything opens up so hopefully it does help.

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

When did the deposit become non-refundable? Is that the full, usual deposit for such a cruise, or a more token amount?

Sorry, I’m new this and meant to quote your question in my reply above…

4 hours ago, JSOL1 said:

Sorry, I’m new this and meant to quote your question in my reply above…

Okay, so this is a token by the sounds of it. We lost something similar when we cancelled the 2021 WC, for obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Okay, so this is a token by the sounds of it. We lost something similar when we cancelled the 2021 WC, for obvious reasons.

Which is why it is better to wait for the cruise line to cancel.