Enchanted out of Port Everglades

lizwil10

Hello! We are going to rent a car from FLL, stay overnight, and then drop it off at Port Everglades. What time should I select to drop it off? I was thinking 10:30 a.m., but now I'm wondering if that's way too early.

The line outside the terminal begins early. By 9:30 it's quite long. Disembarking is completed between 9:30 and 10:00am. The intransit passengers are then processed through immigration. Somewhere around 10:00 to 10:30am embarking passengers are allowed to enter the terminal, pass through security and then are split into green and blue lanes. Blue lane passengers make a very quick stop to pick up their medallions. At approximately 11am, maybe a little before boarding begins. Once started it goes quickly. Cabins are not available until around 12:30 to 1pm.

You can figure your timing based on the above standard information. 

Can you drop off a rental car at the Port? The couple of times we've had rentals we had to go back to the airport to turn it in, then took a shuttle provided by the rental company to the port. However, it was quite a few years ago...

19 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Can you drop off a rental car at the Port? The couple of times we've had rentals we had to go back to the airport to turn it in, then took a shuttle provided by the rental company to the port. However, it was quite a few years ago...

I was thinking the same thing....

2 hours ago, skynight said:

The line outside the terminal begins early. By 9:30 it's quite long. Disembarking is completed between 9:30 and 10:00am. The intransit passengers are then processed through immigration. Somewhere around 10:00 to 10:30am embarking passengers are allowed to enter the terminal, pass through security and then are split into green and blue lanes. Blue lane passengers make a very quick stop to pick up their medallions. At approximately 11am, maybe a little before boarding begins. Once started it goes quickly. Cabins are not available until around 12:30 to 1pm.

You can figure your timing based on the above standard information. 

Thank you!! This is very helpful! 

Avis is across 17th in the Hilton (this is called the Port Everglades location on their website).  Budget is in the shopping center across 17th from the port entrance.  Both easy walk to the ship if it is in the normal berth.

@lizwil10Economy Car rental (#8 on the map) is actually just across Rt 595 north of the airport runways and to the west of the port.  The Enchanted is probably sailing out of terminal 2 which is just below the Broward Convention Center in the top right corner.  I presume they offer a shuttle to the port?

image.png.ced9387b7b3bda5f9900245712623259.png

Posted (edited)

Avis is closer on Miami Road (#7) and very close to the 24th Street entrance to the port.  You can see how close the airport and the port are to each other so the difference may only be 5 minutes between Economy and Avis.  In fact you can see the ships in port from the airport.   I’m guessing a taxi from the Economy location would be about $15. 

@LeeW I didn’t see an Avis location listed in the Hilton Marina which would definitely be closer to terminal 2.

Edited by capriccio