Adventure Ship issue

On her now and the pitch and roll has been very noticeable. ..not sure if any issues have been shared but it's pretty clear that the stabilizers are not fully functional or even in use ....seas have not been very high/rough but the roll has been . Cheers !

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Stabilizers can't do anything about the pitch and can't fix all the roll.

I believe that their impact on roll is speed dependent (IIRC, they work better at higher speeds)

1 minute ago, cruisingjandb said:

Just booked the Adventure last week so hope the pitch and roll is not a issue when we sail. How is the ship otherwise and would you book it agan.

It's a great ship for being unAMPed.

I'm on her again in June.

Please don't post a topic like that when you don't know if there is an issue. Stabilizers can only do so much. You are still on the ocean. Sometimes the seas will be rough at times. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

On her now and the pitch and roll has been very noticeable. ..not sure if any issues have been shared but it's pretty clear that the stabilizers are not fully functional or even in use ....seas have not been very high/rough but the roll has been . Cheers !

As noted, stabilizers have no effect whatsoever on pitching.  Secondly, stabilizers are not designed to, nor will they stop rolling.  Their purpose is to slow the "roll period" (the time it takes the ship to go from listing to port to listing to starboard) to a comfortable period.  In fact, stabilizers have to have the ship rolling to a degree before they start to work.  And, finally, as noted, stabilizer effect is proportional to speed through the water, not necessarily speed over the ground the ship is making.  A following sea and current can greatly reduce the stabilizer's effectiveness, since both the water and the stabilizer are moving in the same direction.

• Like 5

Reduced speeds reported per the captain ( and a pre cruise RCCL Email) . Now why do that I wonder? No need if everything is fine  right? The roll yesterday ,in calm seams, had dishes crashing and wheeled carts rolling and banging in the the jammer. Since I was there to see the damages ..dont know what issues they are dealing with but there is something !!! 

15 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

Reduced speeds reported per the captain ( and a pre cruise RCCL Email) . Now why do that I wonder? No need if everything is fine  right? The roll yesterday ,in calm seams, had dishes crashing and wheeled carts rolling and banging in the the jammer. Since I was there to see the damages ..dont know what issues they are dealing with but there is something !!! 

What were the reduced speeds?  So, what would cause rolling if you were in "calm seas".  Is there something wrong on the ship that moves from side to side making the ship roll?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cruisingjandb said:

Just booked the Adventure last week so hope the pitch and roll is not a issue when we sail. How is the ship otherwise and would you book it agan.

I don't know what the OP is experiencing (something could have happened between when I sailed and their sailing), but I sailed AOS without any stabilization issues.

The ship was a very solid ship - we booked for itinerary and because we liked the itinerary we were happy with it.  If you are looking for luxury/lots of ship amenities this might not be your best choice, but if you found a good itinerary at a reasonable price hopefully you will be happy.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I got off Adventure on Saturday, and it was fine.

I find it hard to believe the ship was rocking all over the place in calm seas.

Echoing this statement.  Just got off Saturday as well.  No issues.  The captain at the captains corner answered a question about this.  The pitching and rolling is speed related if my memory serves me correct about the response.  Thursday last week we had decent pitching and rolling.  Very slow though.  Friday seas were decent and little rolling.  Idk.  

7 minutes ago, brevardcruiser said:

Echoing this statement.  Just got off Saturday as well.  No issues.  The captain at the captains corner answered a question about this.  The pitching and rolling is speed related if my memory serves me correct about the response.  Thursday last week we had decent pitching and rolling.  Very slow though.  Friday seas were decent and little rolling.  Idk.  

Thursday we had a pretty long wave period so it allowed for some more noticeable pitch.