Platinum & Elite Lounge on Sun Princess?

big al

I recently became a Platinum member on Princess..under the benefits page, it says I can go to the "Platinum & Elite Lounge" now...looking at the ship's deck plans, I cannot find it...does anybody know where it is on the new Sun Princess? Thanks..

Big Al

It never shows on the deck plans, and it can and does change depending on the number of people that they expect to attend. We have actually seen it change locations mid-cruise  because of the numbers

• Like 1

Just now, chrysalis said:

It never shows on the deck plans, and it can and does change depending on the number of people that they expect to attend. We have actually seen it change locations mid-cruise  because of the numbers

Wow, that is crazy..on RCI, there is a dedicated lounge for this group of cruisers, with appetizers, drinks, etc...I guess I will wait to see what the Sun Princess cruisers say...thanks..

Unless the Sun is very different, it's not a dedicated lounge available all day. It's more like a daily cocktail party for a couple hours in the pre-dinner time frame. The appetizers are generally good and change daily. Drinks are not free (unless you have a package) but there are daily featured drinks at reduced prices. It's nicely done and a good chance to meet other loyal Princess cruisers. I'll be on the Sun in June, saw it listed on one of the Patters which have been posted but I don't recall which lounge they were using for the party. I'm sure someone else will chime in on that.

• Like 1

Just boarded today and got our Elite Welcome Letter - the PES longe is currently being held in Crooner's on Deck 8 Midship 3:30 to 5pm 

PXL_20240329_1314465773.thumb.jpg.5adbfca0ad6081f7277abf2fc886a7c8.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dides said:

Just boarded today and got our Elite Welcome Letter - the PES longe is currently being held in Crooner's on Deck 8 Midship 3:30 to 5pm 

Great to hear! Please let us know how you like the Sun Princess..so far about 90% seem to love it..only problems have been things like the shows are still not ready..love the new glass enclosed showers ( HATED those curtained showers!! )..now if only Princess would put beverage holders in the main theater, that would make improvements perfect for me- they are the only cruise line that makes you hold your drink or put it under the seat for an hour or more..drives me crazy ( people have knocked over my beer or drink 5x on Princess..)

1 hour ago, dides said:

Crooners (which is out in the open) is a really weird place for the lounge.

In the past it's always been held in a contained area away from the main traffic of the ship.

??????????????

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Will be sailing on Sun Princess in August 2024. Interesting that the Elite happy hour may be hosted at Crooners as I’ve heard on the Sun Princess that Crooners sits right in the walk thru of the atrium. I saw an earlier post and a video that it was hosted on the Sun Princess at the Cascade Bar on deck 17 at the entry of the dome, so maybe they do move it around. I’ve attended many of these events on different Princess cruises, the Skywalker bar for the elite cocktail was always my favorite but that is only on a few ships now (Diamond Princess and Caribbean for sure). I love the sail off from Skywalkers with the great views of both Starboard and Port sides. On the  Sky Princess it was held in the Take 5 lounge if my memory serves me correctly.  If it’s at Crooners I’ll likely just go to the Signature lounge for pre dinner cocktails since I booked on that level and my wife will have me at Crooners most evenings anyway. I’m booked on the first cruise for Princess out of Port Canaveral in November on the Carribean Princess so I’ll get back to my favorite Skywalkers lounge there.

• Like 1

When we were on the Sun Princess in June, it had moved to deck 8 all the way aft, in between the two aft elevators. Not very elegant and the drink service was slow as the closest bar is not close at all. You have to wait for a waiter to take your order and then bring it to you.

There's a good view out the back windows but that's where the put the appetizer trolleys.

We were close cabin-wise but rarely went as it just doesn't have the ambience of Skywalker's and the hours were way too early for our taste.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

We were close cabin-wise but rarely went as it just doesn't have the ambience of Skywalker's and the hours were way too early for our taste.

The limited hours on other ships have always been a problem for us as we eat early and since they shut down early we hardly every get a chance to attend. 

Sorry Teech, I’ve not sailed the Majestic. Based on my previous cruises and looking at the Majestic deck plans I can’t even guess. If I had to wager I’d guess the vista lounge or as previous posters mentioned it could be in one of the dining venues. Happy sailing.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Teechur said:

Does anyone know where it is held on the Majestic?

When we were on the Majestic (the last time was 2019 in Australia) the PES lounge was held in the Hollywood Conservatory - right at the front of the ship on deck 17; it was a great location but as I say this was some time ago and May we’ll have changed.

19 hours ago, EddieWouldGo said:

Sorry Teech, I’ve not sailed the Majestic. Based on my previous cruises and looking at the Majestic deck plans I can’t even guess. If I had to wager I’d guess the vista lounge or as previous posters mentioned it could be in one of the dining venues. Happy sailing.

I don't think I have ever seen it at a dining venue...I don't see how that would work at all.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

13 hours ago, Frflatt said:

When we were on the Majestic (the last time was 2019 in Australia) the PES lounge was held in the Hollywood Conservatory - right at the front of the ship on deck 17; it was a great location but as I say this was some time ago and May we’ll have changed.

That was nice.  I haven't been back for over a year, so I don't know how they are doing it now.

On 7/16/2024 at 4:00 PM, Teechur said:

Does anyone know where it is held on the Majestic?

Hollywood conservatory or Vista lounge.

There will be a sheet of paper in your cabin to let you know the location & time  on embarkation day,if you don’t get one ask your cabin steward. It might be held  4:30 pm- 6:30pm. The hours will be listed. Only day it’s not offered is on the Captains Circle party evening.

$8 drinks,if you have a package,no big deal. Appetizers are usually good. 

• Thanks 1