Captain’s Club Tier Points.

We have been Elite for the last couple of cruises but today when I called loyalty person they couldn’t understand how I was Elite with 249 points. Did they change this recently?  I am listed as Elite still but would hate to go backwards. Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Posted (edited)

Elite is indicated as 300-749 points for that tier level.  I am not aware of that changing recently. I think the last changes to the program were in 2013.

Based on that you should be Select. Perhaps there was just a favorable mistake made on your behalf.  Hopefully it will remain.

Maybe others can confirm.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

10 years ago our son was mis-categorized as Elite when I looked at his account online.  That error was temporary because he was correctly identified as Select when we got on our cruise.

249 Club Points qualifies you as Select (table).  Maybe you caught a lucky break for your last two cruises.  I presume that the 249 points sounds accurate to you?

image.png.d7c469d382de2d79ef867152c7d8ac0d.png

21 minutes ago, Cruisechick59 said:

We have been Elite for the last couple of cruises but today when I called loyalty person they couldn’t understand how I was Elite with 249 points. Did they change this recently?  I am listed as Elite still but would hate to go backwards. Has anyone else had a similar situation?

You do not have Diamon status or higher on Royal Caribbean do you?  Or another household member who is Elite living at the same address?

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Cruisechick59 said:

There have been no recent changes. Are you a royal Caribbean reciprocal status cruiser?

21 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

You do not have Diamon status or higher on Royal Caribbean do you?  Or another household member who is Elite living at the same address?

6 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

There have been no recent changes. Are you a royal Caribbean reciprocal status cruiser?

We are Diamond on Royal. Hubby and I are same status. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Cruisechick59 said:

@Cruisechick59

That's why you're Elite on Celebrity, your reciprocal status from being Diamond on Royal Caribbean.  Then, you've apparently cruised enough cruises on Celebrity ships to have 249 points. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisechick59 said:

...and I am going to assume that the 249 points on your Celebrity account are based on cruises taken with them, as while benefits are reciprocal between RCCL and Celebrity, points are not and remain with the cruise line on which they were earned.

When you reach 300 points with Celebrity by way of further cruises with them, you will then be vested as Elite with them, and not just as a result of your Diamond status with RCCL.  

17 hours ago, Cruisechick59 said:

Diamond on Royal gets you Elite on Celebrity but has no impact on the number of CC points.  Your points only reflect those you earned sailing on Celebrity, the same as your C&A points only reflect the points you earned on Royal. 

At one time we were Elite on Celebrity with 0 points based on our Diamond status on RCL when we first sailed Celebrity. 

Note:  At this time, Diamond/Elite is the highest level of reciprocity between the two.  i.e. If you get to Diamond Plus on Royal, you will still only get reciprocal benefits of Elite on Celebrity, not Elite Plus.  A recent survey indicated they may be thinking of extending reciprocity, but at this point it still caps out at Diamond/Elite.