Complimentary Specialty Dinnner for 2

Received my cruise documents today☺️

Within the docs was a coupon for a Specialty Dinner for 2.  Is this new?  It was a welcome surprise for me.

It says the reservations have to be made onboard, voucher can't be used for reservations made online prior to the cruise.

2 minutes ago, mafig said:

Within the docs was a coupon for a Specialty Dinner for 2.  Is this new?  It was a welcome surprise for me.

It says the reservations have to be made onboard, voucher can't be used for reservations made online prior to the cruise.

If you booked with a TA, he/she may have had that as a special offer.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mafig said:

We got that once. I asked my TA if it was from her and she said yes. It was a very nice surprise. We actually got a voucher for each of our two rooms.

Try and book as soon after boarding as you can for a better choice of days and times.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

If you booked with a TA, he/she may have had that as a special offer.

Perhaps.....

Although we've booked with them several times and never got specialty dining from them.  We do have very generous OBC on this booking, but I'm not complaining if they want to give me more.

Since this cruise has Labadee cancelled with no replacement port, I thought maybe it was from Royal.

6 minutes ago, mafig said:

Perhaps.....

Agree.  Only TA can confirm why you got the specialty dining.  I made suggestion merely to offer up a possibility.

Here’s a current specialty dining offer available to TAs:

SPECIALTY DINING EXPERIENCE FOR TWO

Book a Balcony or Suite on any 7-night or longer EUROPE AND ALASKA ONLY, sailings departing March 1 – December 31, 2024 and receive a specialty dining experience for two.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, mafig said:

Perhaps.....

Although we've booked with them several times and never got specialty dining from them.  We do have very generous OBC on this booking, but I'm not complaining if they want to give me more.

Since this cruise has Labadee cancelled with no replacement port, I thought maybe it was from Royal.

As posted above.  It is a pass through offer from Royal that is offered to select TA's for close in sailings.  The offer varies by month and is usually for sailings departing within 6 months of booking on select itineraries for balconies and above.  This month was Alaska and Europe, last month was Caribbean.

3 minutes ago, bartelbee said:

Does anyone know if there are any restaurants you can't book with a TA gift? We're on Harmony and there are many choices, including Izumi Hibachi.

I had one on Harmony back in December and I think I remember Hibachi being excluded.  It'll be in the fine print of the certificate.

2 hours ago, bartelbee said:

Does anyone know if there are any restaurants you can't book with a TA gift? We're on Harmony and there are many choices, including Izumi Hibachi.

On Harmony it will be Hibachi and Chefs table