Carnival Legend welcome to Norfolk!

I rode my bike to the pier to see the Legend in port. Beautiful spring day in Norfolk.  At 11:30 most people had left on buses, a few waiting for their rental cards.  The few passengers I spoke with all had a great cruise and making the best of the situation.  Interesting did not see any people with luggage waiting to board.  Perhaps a late sail away?  Anyway happy cruising to all.  

IMG_2236.jpeg

• Like 6

Help !   On Vision of Seas.   Due to dock in Norfolk on Thursday.   Is there a ramp to depart the ship the same as used in Baltimore ?   Trying to figure out if I can walk my luggage off without much trouble.   Thanks for any responses.

18 minutes ago, CrusinNana said:

Help !   On Vision of Seas.   Due to dock in Norfolk on Thursday.   Is there a ramp to depart the ship the same as used in Baltimore ?   Trying to figure out if I can walk my luggage off without much trouble.   Thanks for any responses.

Yes, it's all ramps and elevators - no stairs.

• Like 1

Lizard13

I’m leaving on Vision also on April 4. They are telling us we need to park at MacArthur Center South Garage. Since you live in the area, can you tell me if this is a secure place to park?  Do they have security guards?  I’m a little nervous about leaving my car for a week. 

2 minutes ago, elsiedd said:

Lizard13

I’m leaving on Vision also on April 4. They are telling us we need to park at MacArthur Center South Garage. Since you live in the area, can you tell me if this is a secure place to park?  Do they have security guards?  I’m a little nervous about leaving my car for a week. 

This is a Carnival forum you should ask in the RCCL forum as RCCL and CCL cruises are parking in different places.

When I sailed Carnival last year out of Norfolk I used Asphalt Lots for parking and had a good experience.

54 minutes ago, mz-s said:

This is a Carnival forum you should ask in the RCCL forum as RCCL and CCL cruises are parking in different places.

When I sailed Carnival last year out of Norfolk I used Asphalt Lots for parking and had a good experience.

I asked Lizard13 because he lives there and would know. But thanks for the Asphalt Lots info. When you used them, did they have very many shuttles. 

Just now, elsiedd said:

I asked Lizard13 because he lives there and would know. But thanks for the Asphalt Lots info. When you used them, did they have very many shuttles. 

They had enough shuttles on the day I was there, yes absolutely. It was about a 10-15 minute wait for a shuttle when we got there around 11 AM.

21 minutes ago, mz-s said:

They had enough shuttles on the day I was there, yes absolutely. It was about a 10-15 minute wait for a shuttle when we got there around 11 AM.

Thanks. I may just go there. I like supporting our veterans. 

• Like 1

Just now, elsiedd said:

Thanks. I may just go there. I like supporting our veterans. 

Couldn't agree more, and frankly even if this was not a veteran owned company I like giving my money to a local small business rather than the government (which is what operates the parking lots/garages the cruise terminal organizes).

Only thing I would mention is most of the shuttles when I used them were 15 passenger vans with the back bench removed to hold luggage, so they held about 5 or 6 plus the driver. Like I said they had enough shuttles but if you have any in your party with mobility challenges I am not sure if they are the best choice. I would at least call them before hand to see how they would handle that. They may have a solution that I am not aware of.

4 hours ago, elsiedd said:

Lizard13

MacArthur is generally pretty safe, it is MacArthur Mall parking, it's generally well lit with security.