Credit Card payment

upwarduk

Posted (edited)

We were sent the final invoice today,for our cruise on September 1st 2024 on Sky Princess,  reminding us that our payment is due 29/04/24.

Quite a few options listed how to pay, except a Credit Card!
It does list a Debit Card, but I prefer using a Credit Card, as there is more insurance attached.

I think I will be ringing the TA a week before to query this.
We have always paid Celebrity cruises with a Credit Card.

Edited by upwarduk

• upwarduk changed the title to Credit Card payment
8 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

What happens when you enter a credit card number?

No idea, as we have 26 days before payment day. 
A phone call will be made before then.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

We were sent the final invoice today,for our cruise on September 1st 2024 on Sky Princess,  reminding us that our payment is due 29/04/24.

It does list a Debit Card, but I prefer using a Credit Card, as there is more insurance attached.

Interesting. Our final payment is due in May for our August cruise. I always thought final payment is due 3 months prior to the cruise. We always log in to our Princess account and pay using our credit card. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Interesting. Our final payment is due in May for our August cruise. I always thought final payment is due 3 months prior to the cruise. We always log in to our Princess account and pay using our credit card. 

90 days prior. May 3 to August 1 is 90 days, and so on through out the month of August. 

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I would check that as my balance payment for a cruise onboard Sky princess in September is due in June. Be wary, how did you receive this demand ? Recently I received a request for a payment for a hotel I had booked prior to our cruise in September. Firstly the payment is not due to be paid again until June and secondly just after the request I received an email stating that several people had requests for payments and it was a scam. Not saying yours is, but just be careful 

• Like 1

would you be paying the T/A or Princess? Our T/A always Pays with the card, if you try to pay directly without going threw the T/A it may cause a problem ? 

Why would you wait till last minute instead of dealing with it now ?  you should call them now before its a panic latter 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, flying boat said:

Many times TA's request payment a week or two before Princess's actual final payment date, you may have to call the TA to make payment.

If you book through a TA, you MUST make the payment through the TA.

And I believe many TAs do as you said put an earlier deadline. They do this so if you miss their deadline, you still have time to make the final payment in a timely fashion.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I really can't believe that a standard credit card would not be accepted. Since you *must* go through your TA, Perhaps their website has just caught a virus from the Princess site....

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1