Bye Felicia (Carnival)

Carnival has really been testing the water with price increases. 12 half liter water bottles for 14.95 plus 18 percent delivery fee. Remember how water was going to be fairly priced after they banned bringing your own? I have noticed a huge markup for balcony rooms over interiors so I have decided interiors aren't that bad at all. Choices are good ! 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Carnival has really been testing the water with price increases. 12 half liter water bottles for 14.95 plus 18 percent delivery fee. Remember how water was going to be fairly priced after they banned bringing your own? I have noticed a huge markup for balcony rooms over interiors so I have decided interiors aren't that bad at all. Choices are good ! 

I hear you. With us both being retired now I'll take an inside cabin versus staying home any day.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Megan_Strick said:

Just got an upgrade offer from an ocean view to a balcony for $618. Girl bye! I didn't even pay much more than that for the whole cruise!

Yeah, 

Airlines charge $2000-$3,000 to upgrade from economy to Business/First on an 8 hour flight and people pay for 10 more inches of leg room and hip space.  It's still just a chair.  It all depends how you look at your cruise upgrade and how much you want that balcony.  I guarantee that balcony cabin won't sail empty. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, john91498 said:

Geez, that's nuts. The "upgrades" are getting worse and worse...

My last 2 upgrade offers were major downgrades.  They are just looking for folks who dont know any better,

• Like 5

2 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Yeah me too. I use to be strictly balcony only even as a solo cruiser. Now I just do port hole if available.

1 hour ago, Frank12 said:

My last 2 upgrade offers were major downgrades.  They are just looking for folks who dont know any better,

I agree.  I received an upgrade offer from deluxe ocean view to cove balcony for $190 which I took.  About a month later I received another upgrade offer from cove balcony to regular ocean view all the way forward for $392!!  WHY would anyone take a crappier room and pay an upcharge for it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jeafl said:

I agree.  I received an upgrade offer from deluxe ocean view to cove balcony for $190 which I took.  About a month later I received another upgrade offer from cove balcony to regular ocean view all the way forward for $392!!  WHY would anyone take a crappier room and pay an upcharge for it?

I think their system is bugged. I did about the same as you, but if you go to the upgrades on the website it always thinks you are still in the original room class.

On 4/3/2024 at 1:19 PM, mfs2k said:

Yeah, 

Airlines charge $2000-$3,000 to upgrade from economy to Business/First on an 8 hour flight and people pay for 10 more inches of leg room and hip space.  It's still just a chair.  It all depends how you look at your cruise upgrade and how much you want that balcony.  I guarantee that balcony cabin won't sail empty. 

bingo, btw my past experience is those first class seats got for way more than that.  

On 4/3/2024 at 6:32 PM, bg2310 said:

I got one today too for one that was a balcony but at the very front of the ship which I'm not a fan of. And for over $300! No thank you.

options are always a good thing in my book.