Current Aqua Class Amneties / Elite Internet minutes slow as included slow internet?

UniPac

Hi Everyone!

Currently onboard, I recognized that the only AQ amneties we get are a simple bag and a cardholder.

I remember times when we got a nice closable (zipper) bag with an attachable inside bag and a plus a smaller bag that could be used as a back pack. We also got lip balm and chocolate fruit. Is everything gone or do we ask for some specific things? I learned that we can ask for daily canapes as they are only delivered to concierge class rooms without requesting it.

Second thing is the Elite minutes - I did speedtests on several days and compared it to the included internet - no difference. It is alway about 0.8mbps down and 0.4 up. Difference is that e.g. Whatsapp calls do work and you are able to send pictures through whatsapp (but very slow, again) with the Elite minutes.

Is the premium wifi as slow as the Elite minutes or do they just remove the limit in Whatsapp but keep the same slow speed for the Elite?

Thank you!

Haven’t been in AQ in awhile but on our recent cruise I asked about the tote bag, cabin attendant had forgotten it.  The cabins attendants are now handling 16 or  more cabins, vs 12 previously.  Ask about the tote bag and the sparkling wine if you want it.

in ASCENT we received multiple tote bags,  exchange for lighter robes 

daily water,  use of cheapo binocs, umbrella..Top notch attendant ..better than a butler!

The AQ Class exercise/ yoga mat was under the couch but we did not receive the  weights and bands we had requested via e mail from ??? ..useless anyhow b/ c cabin is too narrow!

• Haha 1

We had also filled out the online form for the sports equipment/amneties which was successful submitted. But nothing arrived at our cabin.

The tote bag was there but i liked the older ones more. The blue ones had a zipper and then there were some brighter ones that looked fancy. The one we got now is greyish and looks rather cheap.

DW loved the lip balm but it seems this has gone finally?

Any info on the Elite internet? Maybe I should have started a seperate thread for this.

35 minutes ago, UniPac said:

We had also filled out the online form for the sports equipment/amneties which was successful submitted. But nothing arrived at our cabin.

The tote bag was there but i liked the older ones more. The blue ones had a zipper and then there were some brighter ones that looked fancy. The one we got now is greyish and looks rather cheap.

DW loved the lip balm but it seems this has gone finally?

Any info on the Elite internet? Maybe I should have started a seperate thread for this.

On  Ascent we had the regular  internet  "all.included", and are E plus.. It worked fine for a few e mails home and posting lots of  pics  for my "live from" review 

There is at least one  current thread discussing the wifi/ internet with many  unhappy posts and some technical info I can't understand..

Try to scroll through or search 

The Elite internet is the Premium.  How fast or slow can vary depending on where the ship is, where you are on the ship, peak usage times, weather.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UniPac said:

Hi Everyone!

Currently onboard, I recognized that the only AQ amneties we get are a simple bag and a cardholder.

I remember times when we got a nice closable (zipper) bag with an attachable inside bag and a plus a smaller bag that could be used as a back pack. We also got lip balm and chocolate fruit. Is everything gone or do we ask for some specific things? I learned that we can ask for daily canapes as they are only delivered to concierge class rooms without requesting it.

Second thing is the Elite minutes - I did speedtests on several days and compared it to the included internet - no difference. It is alway about 0.8mbps down and 0.4 up. Difference is that e.g. Whatsapp calls do work and you are able to send pictures through whatsapp (but very slow, again) with the Elite minutes.

Is the premium wifi as slow as the Elite minutes or do they just remove the limit in Whatsapp but keep the same slow speed for the Elite?

Thank you!

1.  On the Ascent, we received a nice zipper  bag and there was a smaller bag inside.  Nice quality. No lip balm but got the cardholder.  We did get an exercise mat and some weights.  Also, we had a choice of pillows.

2.  The Elite minutes are Premium Minutes.  Good enough for FaceTime, sending photos attached to emails, etc.  

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

The Elite internet is the Premium.  How fast or slow can vary depending on where the ship is, where you are on the ship, peak usage times, weather.  

Elite internet is NOT premium wi-fi. It is basic wi-fi with the streaming block that is applied to the basic internet removed. This allows uploading and downloading attachments but painfully slowly. I had this explained to me by the officer responsible at the senior officer get together. On our last cruise on Beyond I did a side by side comparison and it was extremely evident that the complimentary elite minutes are significantly slower than premium wi-fi. 

20 hours ago, keesar said:

1.  On the Ascent, we received a nice zipper  bag and there was a smaller bag inside.  Nice quality. No lip balm but got the cardholder.  We did get an exercise mat and some weights.  Also, we had a choice of pillows.

2.  The Elite minutes are Premium Minutes.  Good enough for FaceTime, sending photos attached to emails, etc.  

Interesting, I was just in Ascent in a Celebrity Suite and while I got a nicer bag than I am used to, it was certainly not zippered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Definitas said:

Elite internet is NOT premium wi-fi. It is basic wi-fi with the streaming block that is applied to the basic internet removed. This allows uploading and downloading attachments but painfully slowly. I had this explained to me by the officer responsible at the senior officer get together. On our last cruise on Beyond I did a side by side comparison and it was extremely evident that the complimentary elite minutes are significantly slower than premium wi-fi. 

I stand corrected.  The Elite minutes are now called "Streaming minutes" and  are NOT premium.  You are correct.

We were told the canapes were no longer served on the Apex.

The pillow choices were nice, I got a really good one 🙂

You should have gotten your choice of several "health items" I got the weighted blanket and really like having a cover without having to get under the bed covers. 

We like the usage of the Spa facilities and sat on the heated chairs and watched the ocean go by every day. You can also use the saunas, showers, mineral room, etc. included with your room fee. We cruised when you still got the beverage package included, sadly that and the gratuities have been dropped from Aqua class. 

I did like Blu, the service was definitely personalized and the food was good. the Maitre 'd was top notch and the hostess greeted us by name every day.

4 hours ago, omahabob said:

The most important feature of Aqua Class for me is a higher price. I have zero interest in a spa, and the perks of old are fading away.

I booked my next cruise in Aqua because for us, Blu is worth it and Persian garden, the daily water, and a couple of yoga classes add a little bit of value, also on some of the ships the shower is a little nicer.

7 hours ago, keesar said:

I stand corrected.  The Elite minutes are now called "Streaming minutes" and  are NOT premium.  You are correct.

Sadly, it was a sneaky erosion of the Elite perk because they dress it up to give the impression that they are premium minutes but in reality they are not. It’s possible to send photos etc but it needs patience and, of course the free minutes tick away quicker because it takes longer to send and receive attachments.  You can use the Elite minutes over the first few days , depending on your usage, and then look at upgrading for the remainder of the cruise. I usually tend to forget to sign out and burn them away unintentionally. The internet staff will usually reinstate them if you ask nicely. 

9 hours ago, omahabob said:

I have zero interest in a spa, and the perks of old are fading away.

So do we. We never cared much about the thermal suite. And we couldn´t care less about a tote bag or things like that. We always asked for the canapes NOT to be delivered. Enough food as it is...

However, we love Aqua for Blu!!! We just don´t like the loud and hectic MDR and very much enjoy the more personal service of Blu.

So whenever we are not sailing on E class - very we also enjoy the smaller MDRs - we book AQ just for BLU. Given the price is not too crazy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, keesar said:

Just checked and it still shows as Premium on Celebrity’s own site.

we were AQ class on ASCENT in Jan with " all included" booking and E + minutes.... 

Had no issues with sending or reading  e mails,  or uploading photos and posting to Cruise Critic from my phone.

12 hours ago, Miaminice said:

So do we. We never cared much about the thermal suite. And we couldn´t care less about a tote bag or things like that. We always asked for the canapes NOT to be delivered. Enough food as it is...

However, we love Aqua for Blu!!! We just don´t like the loud and hectic MDR and very much enjoy the more personal service of Blu.

So whenever we are not sailing on E class - very we also enjoy the smaller MDRs - we book AQ just for BLU. Given the price is not too crazy.

I'm sure Blu is nice. But for us, it just isn't nice enough to justify an extra $1,000. And as I said, that's just a personal preference. I'm well aware other people feel the extra expense is worthwhile.