Freedom of the Seas ?

Hello,

We been cruising Celebrity the past few years and have another the end of this month.  Our last cruise on Royal was in 2017, we have some questions if you can help it be appreciated.

1-  We enjoy on Celebrity ships hanging out at the Sunset Bar outside during late evenings and having cocktails.  I realize the Freedom has the Viking Crown lounge but it is not outdoors.  Is there a bar that is open late hours in the evening outside on this ship?

2-  What time generally are the shows such as the ice show.  We got select/anytime dining and heard we cannot have dinner before 7, if we have dinner at 7 will we make the shows?

3-  What time does the Viking Crown lounge stay open till each night?  Is there live music there?

4-  Would anybody happen to have the wine list, by the glass?  I will have the premium package but I have been limiting my hard alcohol and drinking wine instead.

5-  What time during sea days is the MDR open until for breakfast?

1 minute ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

we have some questions if you can help it be appreciated.

Almost all of those can be answered by looking in the app (it has venue operating times) - set it to the current sailing, not yours.

1 minute ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

3-  What time does the Viking Crown lounge stay open till each night?  Is there live music there?

5-  What time during sea days is the MDR open until for breakfast?

Its been awhile, having been on Freedom in 2008 and 2015, but there is usually activity in the CL until 1am or so, frequently saw Karaoke up there and other entertainment.   I think the MDR opened at 6:30am, but that is probably old news. 

• Like 1

My first Royal cruise was on Freedom- I'll try to remember and answer what I can...

1. There's a few bars on the main pool deck, only one of which was open later at night if I remember right. It was very quiet on the pool deck at night.

2. If there's a show, I remember it being offered twice so folks had a chance to get to it (ice or theater).

3. The Crown Lounge hosted a variety of events at night and was usually open late. One night the silent disco was there, which was really fun.

4. Can't help you there, sorry.

5. Can't help you there- i remember it being open for some time but can't remember the hours. Another user suggested checking the app, which you might want to try to find specific answers.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Twenty2020 said:

The pool bar (Lime and Coconut) is open until 11PM. Some nights they are showing movies out there. 

Great unfortunately 11pm is too early but its something.  I can go there and when it closes head to Viking Crown Lounge, thank you.

2 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Great unfortunately 11pm is too early but its something.  I can go there and when it closes head to Viking Crown Lounge, thank you.

Crown lounge (Olive or Twist) is open until 2AM. It's basically a DJ/dance club starting at about 11p.

Looks like most all of the other bars down on decks 4 and 5 are open until 1am. You could always get a drink and head out to the outdoor Promenade that wraps around deck 4. Boleros, Schooner Bar are both right next to the outdoor area on 4.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Freedom Ice is shown on the first night 7:30 and 9:30pm

The headliner is on the 2nd night also at 7:30 and 9;30.

Freedom Ice is presented again on the 3rd night usually at 8:30.

Do you have Elite status on Celebrity? If you do, it equals to Diamond status on RCCL. Diamond club has outdoor private seating.

Edited by AspiringCindy

19 hours ago, AspiringCindy said:

Freedom Ice is shown on the first night 7:30 and 9:30pm

The headliner is on the 2nd night also at 7:30 and 9;30.

Freedom Ice is presented again on the 3rd night usually at 8:30.

Do you have Elite status on Celebrity? If you do, it equals to Diamond status on RCCL. Diamond club has outdoor private seating.

Yes we are diamond on Royal because we are Elite on Celebrity.  I am so happy to hear diamond has private outdoor seating. That is perfect thank you.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:35 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think most of your questions have been answered. I cruise on RCI and Celebrity regularly and like you we enjoy the Sunset Bar at night. There is nothing remotely close to that on Freedom. 

That and the Martini Bar. RCI has nothing close to the MB either.... unfortunately.

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That and the Martini Bar. RCI has nothing close to the MB either.... unfortunately.

I thought the 1400 Lobby Bar on Icon was comparable to the Martini Bar on Celebrity. But as of today that is only one bar on one RCI ship. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I am so happy to hear diamond has private outdoor seating.

Be advised that sometimes Diamonds are excluded from the Crown Lounge (D club) during the happy hour. 

On 4/7/2024 at 11:44 AM, Biker19 said:

Be advised that sometimes Diamonds are excluded from the Crown Lounge (D club) during the happy hour. 

I am diamond why would I be excluded?  On another note, I don't need the free drinks, I have the drink package.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I am diamond why would I be excluded?  On another note, I don't need the free drinks, I have the drink package.

For the same reason that RCI changed the name of the venue - to provide flexibility on how they use it. When D+ and up numbers are too high, Diamond are excluded from the lounge during happy hour. D can use it at other times.

For many, financially, the drink package doesn’t make sense (they won’t drink at least 10 alcoholic drinks per day to break even). 

Edited by Biker19

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

For the same reason that RCI changed the name of the venue - to provide flexibility on how they use it. When D+ and up numbers are too high, Diamond are excluded from the lounge during happy hour. D can use it at other times.

For many, financially, the drink package doesn’t make sense (they won’t drink at least 10 alcoholic drinks per day to break even). 

Why do diamonds think they are better.  Always trying to pick apart someone’s choice.