Celebrity Login Problem

amevola

Has anyone been having problems logging into their Celebrity info?  Since yesterday, I cannot get in to see my reservations.  It doesn't reject me for the wrong password.  It says:

400 Bad Request

Request Header Or Cookie Too Large

Is it my problem or the website's problem?

TIA!

9 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Happens to me all of the time. I either have to clear the history, amd if that doesn’t work, I use chrome.  Never a problem there.

Me have the same problem for quiet a while now.The person that works on i-lounge did take a picture of it while I am on a cruise and hopefully they are looking into it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amevola said:

Has anyone been having problems logging into their Celebrity info?  Since yesterday, I cannot get in to see my reservations.  It doesn't reject me for the wrong password.  It says:

400 Bad Request

TIA!

Try clearing your browser history/cookies. This has worked for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, amevola said:

400 Bad Request

TIA!

I just tried and was able to login without error, laptop using Edge browser.  Doesn't mean it still isn't a Celebrity back-end issue.  As others have said, I would definitely try clearing cache as that at least gives you a clean slate to retry login.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

Happens to me all of the time. I either have to clear the history, amd if that doesn’t work, I use chrome.  Never a problem there.

Yep, I have issues to but if I use a different browser/device usually works.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I've also been having problems with the website from the Toronto area of Ontario, Canada. It doesn't matter if I'm using my laptop or my phone... For three days I have had issues looking up fares, cruise deck plans, info, etc. I get error messages if I'm lucky and "jumbled" pages otherwise. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by BeachTunes
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, amevola said:

400 Bad Request

TIA!

This happens to me, all the time. Any day if I've logged in previously. It's a pain. You have to clear all their cookies. Then it works. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, poffles said:

I just tried and was able to login without error, laptop using Edge browser.  Doesn't mean it still isn't a Celebrity back-end issue.  As others have said, I would definitely try clearing cache as that at least gives you a clean slate to retry login.

There are probably a couple threads a week on this issue.  Sometimes clearing the cache or using another browser works.  Other times waiting for a day.  The Celebrity website has a very long history of being wonky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tscoffey said:

I switched to only using Chrome for celebritycruises.com.

They also don’t seem to work with password managers on my iMac.

Annoying, but only slight so.

For me Chrome is the same as safari. Still get the cookie issue.   I clear both browser cookies and it works again. For a day or so. There's also an annoying pop up every time I go into my cruise and that stops everything loading. I have to stop it then reload the page and try again. The second time the pop up doesn't appear and it's ok. It's a horrible website. I'd forgotten how bad it is, from pre covid. Thats five years ago for me, I'd have expected it would have been fixed. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

There are probably a couple threads a week on this issue.  Sometimes clearing the cache or using another browser works.  Other times waiting for a day.  The Celebrity website has a very long history of being wonky.

Not sure why you are pointing this out to me.  I know there are other threads on this, there are many thread on just about everything on Cruise Critic, but I didn't feel the need to point that.  I responded to what the OP was asking in the here and now, showing my current experience doing a fresh new login.  I definitely know Celebrity has many 'days', we go back many years.  I also work in IT (for too many years) so I know how both the user and the back end role play in the cause. Also have to consider that in this case it was the weekend when many organizations do backend maintenance.

8 hours ago, BeachTunes said:

I've also been having problems with the website from the Toronto area of Ontario, Canada. It doesn't matter if I'm using my laptop or my phone... For three days I have had issues looking up fares, cruise deck plans, info, etc. I get error messages if I'm lucky and "jumbled" pages otherwise. 🤷‍♀️

I had the same issue all weekend looking up things on the website, did the deleting cache/cookies and even tried another computer - it was just the website. It's working for me now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, all!

I appreciate everyone's help.  I am all set now thanks to the info you gave me.  I did try to find something here by searching before I posted, but I must have missed it somehow.

Happy sailing!

Anne

• Like 1