Cabin access

9 minutes ago, matt'smom said:

What time do you get access to your cabin?

Usually, you can drop off a carry on bag as soon as you board; there is n set time for full access as it depends on how the steward(s) make out with their work.  Certainly, you ought to be able to get in about 1:30 or so.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, matt'smom said:

What time do you get access to your cabin?

A few days ago boarding Discovery cabins were ready at 1:30 but we dropped off our carryons in our cabin at 1100 when boarding the ship. That has been my past experiences & only once on Regal in 2015 when the hallway doors from the elevators were closed were we unable to drop off our carryons.

On the Ruby a month ago the fire doors were closed to the hallways. Some are alarmed. It was possible to access the cabin, but you had to find the proper fire door that was slightly ajar, at least on my deck. I was an intransit passenger and had to return to my cabin. My cabin was fully prepared, but others were not. Full access was just a little before 1pm. There were many announcements not to go to your cabins before they are ready. Housekeeping really do not want you there. On the initial boarding my suitcase was delivered around 3pm. By looking in the hall I was one of the early ones. 

We boarded the Sapphire in San Pedro on Friday.  Fire doors ere closed but you could access the hallway through the “emergency” bypass.  Didn’t matter though because our medallions would not open our cabin door for us to drop off our carry ons.  Cabins were not ready until about 1:45. 

Things have changed quite a bit since the Royal class ships came on the scene.  When Princess's fleet was mostly Grand class ships cabins were almost always ready when you boarded, assuming that you liked to board early.  So, 11am, noon, cabins were ready to go and fire doors were not closed and nothing but the occasional service cart "blocked" the passageways.  There are so many more passengers on the Royals, and I think the cabin stewards are spread a bit thinner, that they are still working if you happen to board around 11am.  It is a toss up if you can drop your carry-ons at your cabin or not.  We have been fortunate in that our cabin has been done and we could drop off our carry-ons, but we would just drop and go to the MDR for lunch and come back around 1 when everything had calmed down in the hallways.