Carnival laundry question

7 minutes ago, VARINA65 said:

for platinum passengers is pressing free

Prices are shown on the page I sent you. It is not free. Most ships have self service laundrettes equipped with free to use irons where you can press items yourself.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, VARINA65 said:

for platinum passengers is pressing free

Where is that stated, CCL's states:

image.png

Edited by JMAE

8 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Also, there are no self service laundry facilities on Excel class (MG, Celebration and Jubilee)

there is also no self service laundry facilities on the Venezia/Firenze class ships 

Just now, shof515 said:

there is also no self service laundry facilities on the Venezia/Firenze class ships 

Was not sure but thought someone would comment…thanks

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Also, there are no self service laundry facilities on Excel class (MG, Celebration and Jubilee)

Carnival Celebration, Carnival Jubilee and Mardi Gras do not have washers and dryers but have ironing rooms on several stateroom decks as well as Valet Laundry service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've never been on a cruise ship with self serve laundry but I guess I will be when I go on the Pride. How much does a load of laundry cost, and do you scan your sea pass card, or should I bring quarters?

TIA

9 minutes ago, anastasia3939 said:

I've never been on a cruise ship with self serve laundry but I guess I will be when I go on the Pride. How much does a load of laundry cost, and do you scan your sea pass card, or should I bring quarters?

TIA

Self-Service Launderettes
Self-service launderettes are located on staterooms decks. There are 2 or 3 washers, 2 or 3 dryers, and 1 iron and ironing board in each launderette. The cost is $3.50 USD per washer load and $3.50 USD per dryer load. For your convenience, if you have not packed your own, each launderette has a vending machine that dispenses small boxes of detergent and water softener at $2.00 USD per box. 

On most ships, the machines are operated using your Sail & Sign card for payment. On the following ships, only coins are accepted to operate the machine; change can be obtained at the Guest Service Desk, if needed: Carnival Elation and Carnival Paradise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, anastasia3939 said:

TIA

see link on post #2.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, anastasia3939 said:

TIA

Use your card, think around $3.50.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, anastasia3939 said:

TIA

If you plan to do laundry, I would recommend bringing some detergent pods or such.  I actually find it very convenient to do laundry onboard, but the detergent dispensers are horrendous, and often empty.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, weezal said:

Carnival Celebration, Carnival Jubilee and Mardi Gras do not have washers and dryers but have ironing rooms on several stateroom decks as well as Valet Laundry service.

Learned something new.

19 hours ago, weezal said:

Also, Carnival Firenze, Carnival Luminosa and Carnival Venezia do not have washers, dryers nor ironing rooms but do offer Valet Laundry service

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, StephPS79 said:

If you plan to do laundry, I would recommend bringing some detergent pods or such.  I actually find it very convenient to do laundry onboard, but the detergent dispensers are horrendous, and often empty.

I have found the laundry detergent sheets work great especially when traveling.  They look almost like dryer sheets.   No worrying about them getting smashed or leaking in your luggage and almost no weight.  Also, you can use a half sheet(or less) for a small load in the sink.  There was only one or two companies making these a few years ago, but now more of the mainstream companies are making them.  I bring a ziplock bag with a few of these and a few dryer sheets.

image.jpeg.6d442f6299eeec343461f8da5c73ec41.jpegimage.jpeg.53545879bf0e9c2f08369eb3ae434878.jpegimage.jpeg.49d91d30b3c84791bc5d918e01ac6b00.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I have found the laundry detergent sheets work great especially when traveling.  They look almost like dryer sheets.   No worrying about them getting smashed or leaking in your luggage and almost no weight.  Also, you can use a half sheet(or less) for a small load in the sink.  There was only one or two companies making these a few years ago, but now more of the mainstream companies are making them.  I bring a ziplock bag with a few of these and a few dryer sheets.

image.jpeg.6d442f6299eeec343461f8da5c73ec41.jpegimage.jpeg.53545879bf0e9c2f08369eb3ae434878.jpegimage.jpeg.49d91d30b3c84791bc5d918e01ac6b00.jpeg

I have brought a few of the first ones on my Caribbean Princess cruise for their washers, it wasn't so much for the savings ($3 per box of detergent), but for saving my skin.  Worked great!  I also bring a few spot treatment wipes as well.  I'm sloppy.

PM