Symphony April 13 - 25/24

Roland4

thank you for all the information and pictures - really looking forward to join Symphony is Toulon on 3rd June !!

I hope Sorrento will not be cancelled -  what happened quite a few times in my cruise history 

but al least Symphony does have decent tenders 

On 4/21/2024 at 9:53 PM, Roland4 said:

Sliding back on topic! We were in the Osterria two nights ago and are now firmly on the side of liking it better than Prego. They have made a few changes to the menu since we dined there on Serenity last September, adding a Caprese Salad option and a Filet Steak option that I don't recall being there. We enjoyed it so much, we are going again the last night of the cruise!

We did the Vintage Room last night and it was amazing as usual! The room is a little smaller than on Serenity, but we had a full table of 12, with lots of wine and lots of conversation!! A good time was had by all!!

are they still doing a "Champagne lunch" ?  many thanks already 

57 minutes ago, cruise_loverinlaval said:

Hello, my experiences on Crystal (9 cruises so far) are that I can have champagne with every lunch! … breakfast…and dinner!  Enjoy!

Very valid observation, and one I support entirely!  🙂 

I think Vistaman was asking about the Vintage Room experience that OC was offering during the lunch timeframe in more recent years prior to the shutdown, though.

Vince

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, vistaman said:

are they still doing a "Champagne lunch" ?  many thanks already 

They still offer Vintage Room Lunches on most of the cruises as they did before and if they do a few on a cruise (long cruise) sometimes in addition to one with Champagne they might offer one with wine tastings too.

Keith

• Thanks 1

Just now, Keith1010 said:

They still offer Vintage Room Lunches on most of the cruises as they did before and if they do a few on a cruise (long cruise) sometimes in addition to one with Champagne they might offer one with wine tastings too.

Keith

my cruise is only 7 days ... last time before covid on OC it was cancelled - only 3 pax were willing to assist 

2 hours ago, vistaman said:

my cruise is only 7 days ... last time before covid on OC it was cancelled - only 3 pax were willing to assist 

You just never know.  

As the cruise gets closer you might want to write to on board guest services to see if they would let the head sommelier know you are interested in attending a champagne lunch and once on board call the operator to see if you can speak with the head sommelier.

If it's a port intensive cruise there might not be many guests interested but I've seen it go both ways.

Keith 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, vistaman said:

I suspect it depends on the number of sea days and where they fall. We just got off 12 days on Symphony and our two sea days were within the first six days of the cruise. They did do a dinner, but no lunches.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ctjon said:

Anyone sailing on Serenity?  Haven't see a post about it trips in long time?

I suspect it is because most of the people who are posting are doing so on one or the other of the FB Crystal Family groups. Lots of activity over there

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ctjon said:

Anyone sailing on Serenity?  Haven't see a post about it trips in long time?

Adding to what Larry said, most of the people on board are full world cruisers and many who we know do not do CC.  History & Wine is still on board and doing the full world cruise though.

Keith

We look forward to boarding Serenity on May 27 in Las Palmas to Miami. Anyone else? Would love to have more reports here from those currently on board but we understand not everyone posts here whereas we are not on Facebook. In any case, counting the days😊

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ibis said:

We look forward to boarding Serenity on May 27 in Las Palmas to Miami. Anyone else? Would love to have more reports here from those currently on board but we understand not everyone posts here whereas we are not on Facebook. In any case, counting the days😊

See you onboard!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ibis said:

We will also be boarding in Las Palmas, looking forward to the crossing to Miami.

• Like 5