FLL Luggage Valet Service

Cap_D

Posted (edited)

Two thumbs up for the luggage valet service for certain flights from FLL (or MIA).  We took advantage of the service when disembarking the Beyond.  It was awesome, and would not hesitate to use it again.  For those that value the convenience of a cruise, this adds to that rating.  

The short version for anyone not familiar with it:  You enroll, agree to the service fee and any baggage fee from the airline, return the form to your room attendant or concierge, and then if elgible, affix the provided tags to your luggage when setting out your luggage the evening before disembarking.  You then see your luggage again at your final airport destination.  The service will affix actual airline luggage check tags for you, including any priority labels. 

It was about 30 USD per person, charged to the account (not sure if OBC could be used).  Well worth the cost, and made the return experience a breeze.  Port Everglades and FLL is already easy. 

Only drawback is not supporting a porter through a tip, as they have always been terrific during our prior cruises.  

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 2

On the Ascent, I had to return the form to the  Guest Relations Desk.  The fee was charged to our OBC.  The service worked really well for us as we avoided the need to check in the luggage at the FLL airport.  The luggage tags for were in our room two days before departing the ship.  Glad it is back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else use this service? We don’t have a direct flight and our butler couldn’t answer our questions. Currently on the Reflection, filled out the form with all the flight information and gave it to guest services. Was given tags (that aren’t actual airline tags) and it just has the first flight on the tag. 

Hoping this works. We do have AirTags in the suitcases!

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes that’s the way it works.

Agreed.  Airline tags will be placed on luggage by the airline, including any status tags, when it arrives at the airport. 

• Thanks 1

The service in our experience works well and when you put your luggage out the last night of the cruise you don't see it again until you arrive at your final destination airport.  They handle the luggage and take care of all the correct luggage tags for you.  Glad to see this back!

• Thanks 1

How will this work if we have free luggage (as in no baggage fee) and also about how long will the line be to check in at FLL? Trying to figure out if it is time saving. We will be the only ship coming into Port Everglades that morning and have a 10:30 flight.

Whether or not you have a luggage fee from your airline, there is a cost payable to Celebrity of $29 per person for luggage valet service.

a 10:30 AM flight is on the early side. If you have no luggage to check and can go directly to the tsa lines obviously that will save some time.  Exactly how much is hard to predict.

Posted (edited)

The only time saved with luggage valet is the time you would spend retrieving it from the ship in the morning and luggage check in at the airport.  The primary factor is convenience.  However with a 10:30 AM flight, not having to do either shortens and simplifies the process in getting to the airport and checking yourself in through security. 

We have made 10:00 AM flights in the past and if you are exiting the ship by 7:30 you will be at the airport certainly by 8:00 which should allow enough time to make your 10:30AM flight.  My suggestion would be use Uber or a cab to the airport and let the luggage valet service handle your luggage.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

59 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

How will this work if we have free luggage (as in no baggage fee) and also about how long will the line be to check in at FLL? Trying to figure out if it is time saving. We will be the only ship coming into Port Everglades that morning and have a 10:30 flight.

If there is no airline free then you only pay the Celebrity fee. 

when we used it Pre-COVID we had free bags on the air line and the shipboard fee was also free since we were in a suite.  

However, if your flight is at 1030 you may not be able to use it.  IIRC it is only available for flights departing at 1230 or later (might have been 1130) but I know there was a lot of people that could not take advantage of it because they had early flights. 

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

However, if your flight is at 1030 you may not be able to use it.  IIRC it is only available for flights departing at 1230 or later (might have been 1130) but I know there was a lot of people that could not take advantage of it because they had early flights. 

Good point and I forgot about that! Thanks for posting that.  Certainly that would have to be confirmed.

Posted (edited)

I have to use a Walker and this service worked very well for my wife and I when leaving the Equinox earlier this year. Placed the bags outside our door the night before debarkation and didn’t see them again unitil Washington luggage carousel!

Edited by abritinva

59 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Whether or not you have a luggage fee from your airline, there is a cost payable to Celebrity of $29 per person for luggage valet service.

a 10:30 AM flight is on the early side. If you have no luggage to check and can go directly to the tsa lines obviously that will save some time.  Exactly how much is hard to predict.

Yes, I realize there will be a charge per person from Celebrity. We know 10:30 is an early flight but we had an 11:30 flight booked and I just was notified of the time change beyond my control. Thanks for reply.

15 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

If there is no airline free then you only pay the Celebrity fee. 

when we used it Pre-COVID we had free bags on the air line and the shipboard fee was also free since we were in a suite.  

Thanks for the info.

19 hours ago, buzz031 said:

Anyone else use this service? We don’t have a direct flight and our butler couldn’t answer our questions. Currently on the Reflection, filled out the form with all the flight information and gave it to guest services. Was given tags (that aren’t actual airline tags) and it just has the first flight on the tag. 

Hoping this works. We do have AirTags in the suitcases!

I used the service April 18 with a connecting flight. Was a bit nervous because Delta's tracking didn't show both suitcases. Happy ro say both were waiting for me at my home airport.

• Thanks 1

Yahoo! Our bags came thru to Phoenix just fine. Using the service was so convenient. Together we had only two suitcases and since each of us had two free bags on Southwest, we only paid for one of us for the service and put both bags on that person’s ticket. Our butler kept asking about my bags and I just finally said I don’t have any. Haha. He was a bit confused, but it worked out. He was also concerned that I wouldn’t have a boarding pass. I gave up trying to explain that I didn’t need one as it was on my phone. I did keep an eye on the AirTags throughout the day though.

• Haha 1