Quick Live Report from Beyond April 12-22

RK-NC

Good morning sunrise from Beyond! Just a quick report that we are so very pleased with our sky suite experience so far! We met our stateroom attendant Sheldon and Butler (!!) Thad before sailaway yesterday. We have had excellent service in Luminae, Al Bacio, Oceanview, Retreat Sundeck Bar. Really enjoyed comedian Al Ducharme last night! No problems with seating in the theater - we got there about 30 minutes before showtime. I believe we have a full ship and nowhere has seemed crowded to us so far. Looking forward to a beautiful day at sea! 

1878302919564925887.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Good morning on day 3! Just finished our morning walk on the track. Five laps is a mile - we did 8 today and will try to add a lap each day. Pleased to report that we have seen very little chair hog activity.

The bad news...snap, crackle, pop. Our stateroom started creaking last night ☹️ We fired up two white noise machines and took OTC sleep med and that did the trick. Will report our stateroom # after our cruise ends. And hopefully we won't be snapping and cracking every night. Captain Kate's Creaking Crate 🚢

Magician Matt Johnson was excellent last night! We sat in the Chic Night Retreat section. The butlers were all lined up waiting for us at the theater - very nice! Thad had been offering us morning coffee and snacks so we gave him our coffee order for this morning and it was delivered right on time!

We are really enjoying Cafe Al Bacio! Photo is our Cortadito and Double Latte yesterday morning. Great table service there. We went back for tea after lunch yesterday. We drink Lavazza coffee at home but recommend a double shot unless you like it weak. The Cortadio was quite strong though! 

Luminae food and service has been excellent so far! Lobster appetizer was especially delicious last night. We are off to breakfast there now. 

GLC6RjQX0AA7lfo.jpeg

• Like 7

Looks like you are having a great time. We enjoyed Matt Johnson on Beyond in February. He did an afternoon show later 8n the cruise that was completely different from his first show. Very well attended. 

Love the Cafe alBacio picture! It’s our favorite place on the ship ! Almond croissant anyone?

mac_tlc

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Love the Cafe alBacio picture! It’s our favorite place on the ship ! Almond croissant anyone?

Just back from breakfast in Luminae where we had dulce de leche croissants that were so yummy! We will have to try the almond at Bacio.

@mac_tlc thanks again for your live report in Feb - it was very helpful with our planning. DH had a Bourbon and peaches last night and really enjoyed it. We are not big cocktail drinkers but enjoying trying some new things. 

Off to Beyond the Podium presentation about Caribbean reef fish in a few minutes. We enjoyed Calab Crawford's talk yesterday about sharks and rays. Stage Door is tonight! 

Edited by RK-NC
  • Like 1

Made our first trip over to Eden for lunch and it was very good! Mushroom soup was delicious as was the potato salad with my turkey sandwich. Only open on sea days for lunch so I'm glad we remembered that as we have 5 port days coming up. DH did the street curling competition this morning - fun! Eden is a relaxing area - this was our first aft view!

IMG_20240414_132601825.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

When in a suite I have a hard time not dining in Luminae on sea days.   Eden is nice for their  chocolate cookies and brownies.   It is a hard choice between Luminae and Eden Cafe on sea days.   We will have lunch in Luminae and then go to Eden Cafe and stock up on their brownies and Cookies.  Their cookies are different than those served at Cafe al Bacio and the buffet.   Have a little and keep the rest of for later on.   Chocolate and bourbon makes a nice combo. 

I suggest to try the Chocolate Pill for desert in Luminae if you love chocolate.  It is on the Daniel Buolard (sp) option at the bottom of the main dinner menu every night in Luminae.  It is easy to miss when the desert menu is delivered because it isn’t on it.  So you have to remember to order it.   Or just take a photo of the main menu and look it when ordering a desert.  Tip also order a scoop of gelato or ice cream to go with it.  Honestly I can’t tell the difference so I get the flavor that I want and is available.  I think gelato has less cream so it doesn’t have as many calories.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

I don’t see on the app. Do you have to go up and book when you get on?

Eden Cafe? It is under Coffee&Snacks on the app and is "quick service" 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, 39august said:

Is the Eden Cafe open every day for breakfast? I do understand open only sea days for lunch. What lunch hours, please?

Eden Cafe was open daily for lunch on our cruise but closed promptly at 1:15 pm.  It was self-serve and no reservations needed.  It was staffed by employees  from the Eden Restaurant.  

Edited by keesar

Can't beat this view while brushing your teeth! On the way to breakfast, we met magician Matt Johnson in the elevator with his luggage. We thanked him for his fabulous show and bid him farewell. He has a residency with Celebrity so not sure but we think he may be moving over to another ship. Great entertainer but even more, he seems like a kind and caring person. 

IMG_20240415_093626585_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

Wife and I just got off Beyond on the 12th. Loved everything about the ship, entertainment and food. Especially loved Rooftop Grill and Luminae. Only negative was our room creaked and popped and the final day of everyone asking for a 10 in the survey. Not a nine but please 10. 

• Like 1

Lunch at The Spa Cafe was the perfect "small bites" that we needed before walking off the ship for a bit. Everything was tasty! Followed by a bit of gelato/ice cream at Scoops 😋 Seconds after we left the ship, it started raining ☂️ but stopped long enough for us to get over to the duty free  to get t-shirts for our 4 sweet grandchildren. Very easy leaving and returning to the ship - cucumber and orange water, cold towels, beach towels and lots of welcome backs from the crew. We are feeling pampered! Note that we backed in so it will be a quick escape at 4:30pm! DH has gone to The Club for golf simulator and putting. Which reminds me, we went to Craft Social to watch the Master's yesterday. Loved it there! I had Tito's Punch😋 🍹😋 DH - draft beer. I think this is the only bar with draft? We met the MOST lovely British couple and had a delightful chat! 

IMG_20240415_121315023.jpg

IMG_20240415_123205191.jpg

IMG_20240415_130645716.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

Only negative was our room creaked and popped

We had a lot of snap, crackle, pop on the second night. Less last night. It's just such a shame that it is a problem because it is a beautiful ship.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RK-NC said:

Lunch at The Spa Cafe was the perfect "small bites" that we needed before walking off the ship for a bit. Everything was tasty! Followed by a bit of gelato/ice cream at Scoops 😋 Seconds after we left the ship, it started raining ☂️ but stopped long enough for us to get over to the duty free  to get t-shirts for our 4 sweet grandchildren. Very easy leaving and returning to the ship - cucumber and orange water, cold towels, beach towels and lots of welcome backs from the crew. We are feeling pampered! Note that we backed in so it will be a quick escape at 4:30pm! DH has gone to The Club for golf simulator and putting. Which reminds me, we went to Craft Social to watch the Master's yesterday. Loved it there! I had Tito's Punch😋 🍹😋 DH - draft beer. I think this is the only bar with draft? We met the MOST lovely British couple and had a delightful chat! 

IMG_20240415_121315023.jpg

IMG_20240415_123205191.jpg

IMG_20240415_130645716.jpg

Lunch looks perfect.  Thinking that’ll be a good spot for me. Can you take the beach towels off the ship?  I’m trying to remember what I did the last time I sailed on Celebrity to Bermuda pre Covid…won’t need it for my Alaskan cruise, but have a Key West/Bahamas one booked that might involve a self guided beach adventure.

18 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Can you take the beach towels off the ship?

Our attendant put beach towels on our bed last night that we assume are for taking to the beach. Enjoy your cruises!

• Thanks 1

Look what my DH brought back from the Retreat Lounge - tea time treats! Fancy water for me and that famous bourbon and peaches for him. BTW, he ordered one at the theater last night and it was pretty close to the same as the Retreat bar. 

Oh and a tip I thought of while enjoying a long shower with that wonderful Co Bigelow body wash. Yesterday when we went to Craft Social, we wanted some snacks so we went by Oceanview during "tea time" and got a plate of goodies, covered it with a napkin and took it with us to Craft Social. They sell snacks there but we're cheapskates 😂 

IMG_20240415_155342618.jpg

• Like 5